Who Wants To Be A Werewolf?

known for its unhealthy dose of out of character chat. Grab a beer, put your feet up and chillax with your fellow players and storytellers.

Moderators: Vampire Storytellers, Mage Storytellers, Changeling Storytellers, Mortal: Storytellers, Werewolf Storytellers

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Who Wants To Be A Werewolf?

Post#1 » March 28th, 2016, 5:08 pm

So I'll be running a side game of Werewolf the Apocalypse using the W20 rule set. The designing of the setting is coming along nicely and should be open for business soon, which is why I am creating this thread.

A major factor in any Werewolf game is the Pack. It is the base social unit of the game, a small group dedicated to a similar goal and united by a shared Totem, who share each other's ups and downs.

Because of this factor I want players to enter the game OOCly as part of a Pack. Now PCs can enter as childhood friends (or siblings or cousins) who recently completed their Rite of Passage and are beginning their first Pack together or they can be a new arrival looking to make a difference or a cousin sent to bolster the ranks of the Tribe in the Sept. They can have no connections or major connections. The IC circumstances can be worked out by the players or helped along by the ST or a bit of both.

However even if it is X number of newbie Garou all meeting for the first time I would like there to be consultation OOC so that the players have created a solid group capable of working together. Garou is a "Team" Sport, each Auspice has its strengths and weaknesses and a good Pack plays to its strengths while covering up its weaknesses.

So post here if you're interested. Post here if you have a concept. Post here if you want to talk to me about the setting and character creation to create a concept. Post here if you have a Pack idea. Post here if you want ties.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: Who Wants To Be A Werewolf?

Post#2 » March 31st, 2016, 5:39 am

Here! I'm very interested!
Don't have Access to source books right now, but I have something like a basic concept. I know I want a Martial Arts Character, basically a "walk-the-earth" practitioner (as in, travels a lot and fights/trains in different places), who just now changed for the first time and has basically no clue of what is going on other than that he is dangerous to others and needs to hide. So the pack would have to approach him and "have the talk", so to speak. Consequently, he'd feel indebted for getting shown the ropes and would have a good reason to join the pack. In a Group dynamic, that would make him a pup with little supernatural abilities, but decent to good physical attributes (1. Physical, 2. Social, 3. Mental). I would like to know which martial arts can be taken/if that matters in oWoD as much as in nWoD.
How is that for a concept/would potential packmates approve?

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#3 » March 31st, 2016, 1:38 pm

The OWOD is less focused on fighting styles and more focused on what you're doing. Punching, kicking, grappling, biting and clawing all have different mechanics (don't worry most start as Dex + Brawl to hit) usually for difficulty of the action and how much damage it does. So there is more flexibility in action than the one size fits all NWOD. So if your Garou isn't great fighting as a wolf because it seems unnatural to them you might be a claw based combatant, or use human weaponry, and there are bonuses and drawbacks to every style really.

Given the rarity and importance of new Cubs it would have probably have been more than just a few Cliaths talking you down and especially giving you the basics. We're not allowing Cubs in the current game, it is far too restrictive and unfair to players, so maybe it was background point and the beginning of a friendship that has lasted with one or two members of the pack.

Sounds like a good beginning, tribe will really depend on the attitude he has towards his studies of Martial Arts.

So far, so good.

Also a friend of mine joined the play and is looking to play a Lupus Wendigo Ahroun.

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#4 » March 31st, 2016, 2:47 pm

I see. So which MA I use is basically fluff, not Mechanik changing. I will definately need to read the source books when I am back home.
From the sounds of it, he'd be a claw - based combatant.

That twist sounds good, I'd just need one or two Players that would put my character in their backgrounds. Any volunteers? :angel

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#5 » April 4th, 2016, 11:25 pm

BTW don't be afraid to talk with me on Skype or via PMs on concept ideas or with questions.

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#6 » April 6th, 2016, 3:18 pm

Yeah I am up for it, never been an OWOD wolf fan but I will certainly give it a go. Will think about concepts and read the W20 book closer to Launch as its going to be a while before we are ready to launch OWOD Mage, Vampire & Wolf.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#7 » April 14th, 2016, 3:13 pm

List so far:

Homid Stargazer Theurge (Trust me, due diligence was done on the concept and convincing the ST)
Homid Silver Fang (Concept works as Ragabash, Philodox and Galliard)
Homid Child of Gaia Ahroun

Return to “The Gotham Bar & Grill”