Posting Times

known for its unhealthy dose of out of character chat. Grab a beer, put your feet up and chillax with your fellow players and storytellers.

Moderators: Vampire Storytellers, Mage Storytellers, Changeling Storytellers, Mortal: Storytellers, Werewolf Storytellers

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Posting Times

Post#1 » February 5th, 2016, 7:52 am

Heyho everyone!
I just wanted to ask you guys something, because yesterday evening so many people were there, and we posted so much, and one of my plotlines more or less finished, and it was just tremendiously fun overall(!), but it was waaay past my usual awake-time.
So, I was curious: At which time would I have to post to have a chance of meeting some of you online?
So, my usual posting times (which will be partly suspended since semester is ending = no more classes, just learning and writing, so I am basically always on between 9a.m.-6p.m.):
between 6-8 a.m. I am usually online during my train ride
6-8, 7-9 or 8-10 p.m. train ride home
Outside of that, I am irregularly online.
Time Zone: UTC+ 1

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Posting Times

Post#2 » February 5th, 2016, 3:44 pm

Hey :D

So I am uct -5 which means we are roughly 6 hours apart.

I am usually up at 6 am my time though that is getting ready for work. I can post during work breaks but I will primarily be able to post from about 3:30 my time until I get to sleep or have other things to do such as games or church. I have a ton of those but I will often post at least once when I get home from work

Which means at earliest I will be coming home at 9:30 pm uct +1 and probably staying up until 6 am uct +1 I am off on friday next week and then thursday from then on. Last night I figured you were asleep when I left to get ice cream, so sorry about that.

I don't know the schedules for the others but I know thebaconmage, Kathritana, and Ghostbuster are all with in my time zone. If Chaos_storm is still kicking about he might also be?

Matt is British, so that puts him in Gmt 0, an hour behind you.

Some weekends thebaconmage will vanish for drills, since he works for the military. I believe he indicated this weekend to be one of them to me.

Also don't feel rushed, you have 72 hours and most of us will post when we can. Meeting up with us we will just take a skype. We post to a chat and meet up when we can.

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » February 5th, 2016, 4:22 pm

Thanks, that's good to know.
And you do not have to apologize!
Oh, I do not feel rushed, I was just curious if there was a way for me to be online when you guys are, because its so much fun to post and recieve an answer within a few minutes, so you can react to it again etc. I simply liked the flow yesterday :cheesy :cheesy

I don't have any sort of cam, does skype work without that, too? It's been more than 10 years since I used that^^"

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#4 » February 5th, 2016, 4:30 pm

yup! Actually the Cam has become less and less important. Mostly it's messaging and voice.

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#5 » February 5th, 2016, 9:06 pm

My normal free time ranges between 1700 and 2200 EST.
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#6 » February 5th, 2016, 9:39 pm

I am usually online from about 6pm GMT to Midnight GMT depending on my shifts sadly.

As for the Skype group it is mostly just text chat. Occasionally we have a Skype call but honestly you do not have to jump into that if you are not comfortable doing a voice call. Sometimes as a group we come together and play games like Cards Against Humanity.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » February 6th, 2016, 11:55 am

Eh, I ain't uncomfortable with that, I am just unsure whether or not my English will keep up. When I visited Florida I realized that I have trouble following a discussion with native speakers if they got any sort of dialect/accent I am unfamiliar with. Or if they talk quickly/use words I have only ever seen written and never heard.
Except if we were in a bar and drinking. Everything seems to revert to Russian then xD

So the hotspots seem to be 11 pm onwards. Ah well. I should manage that once in a while :biggrin2

Thanks everyone ! :thumbsup

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#8 » February 6th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Join the text conversation anyhow. You don't have to do voice (its not a requirement and at the moment does not happen that often)

However, if you want to practice your English skills it is the perfect opportunity to do so. We are always happy to help.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#9 » February 6th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Yeah! When I was younger I spent years talking to Germans over Skype to help them. It's no big thing.

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#10 » February 6th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Alright then, I think I'm going to install skype and try to join soon^^

Return to “The Gotham Bar & Grill”