The AFK Tavern (Absence Post)

known for its unhealthy dose of out of character chat. Grab a beer, put your feet up and chillax with your fellow players and storytellers.

Moderators: Vampire Storytellers, Mage Storytellers, Changeling Storytellers, Mortal: Storytellers, Werewolf Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

The AFK Tavern (Absence Post)

Post#1 » April 13th, 2015, 10:15 pm

The AFK Tavern
There is nothing worse than being in a scene with someone and waiting days, even weeks for them to post. The AFK Tavern is a post to let your fellow players and storytellers know you are going to be away for a while. Doesn't matter if this is for a holiday, personal reasons etc.

You don't have to dive into detail, just "I am on holiday from X date to X date" or "I will be away for the foreseeable future, I have a few personal issues I need to sort"

It's a game and personal life always comes first. However what we do ask is that we all have a little common decency and take the 2 mins it takes to post to let each other know when we are going to be away. This means ST's can plan and ST's + Players are not waiting on you to post when you might not.

The site is also made with responsive themes in mind, so it works on mobile devices too. This makes it a lot easier to post so if your tinterwebs goes down, you can still post to let people know :)

I will try my best to keep this updated so there is a summery for everyone

Players & Staff who will be absent

Von Riva - 23rd March to 6th April?

Players & Staff who will be slow at posting for a while- 72 Hour rule suspended and a 7 day rule applies.

Please post a reply here when your status changes
Matt

Players & Staff on an Extended Leave of Absence

Please post a reply here when your status changes
ParanoidAndroid
Chaos_Storm
AsleepAgain
DaveJ

AWOL Players & Staff

Players who have not logged in for a month with no notification are added to this list. If you find yourself on this list you may find you are unable to post in play forums as your characters may have been set to inactive and removed from the play groups. Post here when you are back to get removed from this list. You may also want to contact your storytellers to get re-added.

None
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: The AFK Tavern (Absence Post)

Post#2 » February 28th, 2016, 5:46 pm

from the 23rd March onward I might be rather slow to post, I'll be on vacation and not sure whether I will have a internet connection or time to post.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » February 28th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Just so everyone knows my posting may be slower than normal. As some of you already know the Mother in Law has Terminal Cancer. (Best we can hope for is that treatment maintains and stops the cancer progressing) Anyhoo, sadly her immune system is all over the place and after being in hospital last week with an infection she is back in again as she is not right. Turns out shes got a C-Diff infection. I may be slower than normal at posting and planning because naturally there is a lot of running around to do.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » March 3rd, 2016, 9:25 pm

I am going to be rather busy over the next few days and probably won't be posting any replies until Sunday.

Blame school and people ditching shoots so I (and other super awesome people) have to jump in and cover at the last minute.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » March 13th, 2016, 10:12 pm

Just an update from me... Shauns mum took a turn for the worse last night and today. We went to visit and it did not look good to be honest. One of the Doctors pulled us into a room and explained that if this Anti-Biotic does not work (Shes on 5 different kinds now) there is nothing more they can do for her which involves her basically having machines to help her breathe etc. For myself I am trying to keep it Business as Usual as much as possible, with recent trends at work if its quiet I can reply to some posts from there. I am sure we have all had sick family members so hospital trips etc are going to eat up a fair bit of my free time as well as being there for my other half.

The doctor did say there is hope but from how the nurses are acting we think shes now on borrowed time. (But being the optimist I like to think Im going to walk in one day and shes going to be sat up in bed drinking coffee and moaning about how awful nhs coffee is)

If the worst happens I will let you all know so that I will be AWOL / Infrequently posting.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kagekeaton

Post#6 » March 17th, 2016, 11:10 pm

I can't think of a normal way to start this; my apologies. :P

This post isn't to say that i'm going to be infrequent, but rather, to explain that i may look infrequent. This post is for my activity in the Hobsville USA thread. It may seem like i'm not paying attention to the thread; since my last post was, good god; 13 days ago. I do want you guys to know that i am paying attention to the thread on an almost daily basis. I have a really bad habit of being passive until something pops up to force a reply; e.g. roll for initiative.

I have wanted to post at least something to show this; and i'm gonna try to make sure to respond quicker than this. If anything just wanted to apologize. Also; as an excuse; my brain feels like pudding.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#7 » April 6th, 2016, 10:14 am

Hey everyone, so I think you all know but just in case not everyone is in the Skype group. My mother in law passed away two weeks ago and I have been dealing with the funeral and stuff that comes up when someone dies. I am going to be posting again and will spend the next couple of days catching up and getting the changeling plot moving. I may be a bit slower at posting as we still have a lot to do. Most of the financial stuff is sorted, just got a few hurdles to get over with people like the local council who are being total hoofwanking bunglecunts but we will get there.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#8 » June 22nd, 2016, 12:01 am

And I'm fully back.
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Kagekeaton

Post#9 » July 9th, 2016, 8:06 am

Just a heads up. I found out Tuesday morning that i'm getting laid off from work, and have to move out of state. All of this commotion should settle back down after the 18th of this month i believe. If for any reason something else pops up i'll update this post. With that said i plan to be making good use of the 3 day rule, since my job's going to work me to the bone while they still have me, and so i will probably be making the posts on the latter end of the three/third day/s.

Thanks for your patience and my apologies for any inconveniences.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#10 » July 10th, 2016, 11:22 pm

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope things look up for you soon.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » September 7th, 2016, 3:54 pm

Kathritana and I will be on vacation for 7 days starting today, with limited access. Please excuse us being slow for the next week.
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#12 » October 16th, 2016, 7:47 pm

From tomorrow until late december, I will likely be on limited or no access.
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#13 » February 3rd, 2017, 10:04 pm

Hey Everyone!

I have accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was fine at first, just a few lines across the top.... I could deal with that. Sadly it slowly spread until It got to about half way down and BAMF!.

I am going to have to get it repaired which I hope will be soon. So my posting may still be slow for the next week or two.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#14 » February 13th, 2017, 12:30 am

I have managed to get my laptop screen fixed! Should be catching up over the next day or two.

Matt wrote:Hey Everyone!

I have accidentally cracked my laptop screen. It was fine at first, just a few lines across the top.... I could deal with that. Sadly it slowly spread until It got to about half way down and BAMF!.

I am going to have to get it repaired which I hope will be soon. So my posting may still be slow for the next week or two.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The Gotham Bar & Grill”