Introduce Yourself

known for its unhealthy dose of out of character chat. Grab a beer, put your feet up and chillax with your fellow players and storytellers.

Moderators: Vampire Storytellers, Mage Storytellers, Changeling Storytellers, Mortal: Storytellers, Werewolf Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Introduce Yourself

Post#1 » December 29th, 2014, 12:26 am

Hi Everyone

I know all too well what it is like joining an existing community. You are new and don't really know anyone which at times can be intimidating, for some it can be stressful. Some of you have played on other forum based games before, others have not which is okay. Either way here is the post to introduce yourself... put as much or as little information as you like!

Guess I will start :angel

[hr]
[img=float-left]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104490912/2014-12-14%2019.50.53.jpg[/img] Hi my name is Matt

I decided to include a photo... because... just because (Don't feel obliged to do the same). At the time of writing this I am 28 and not happy that I am rapidly approaching 30! I have played role play games since I was 12 when I joined the Warhammer club at school with friends. Warhammer never interested me and I only really went because my friends used to go. The club was run by my Drama teacher and he was the storyteller for a Vampire the Masquerade game. The players were all older than me (17 & 18) and I asked if I could sit at the side and watch one game.

The week after my drama teacher hands me a sheet, a pencil and loans me some dice and one of the players decides to run a little 1 on 1 game with me to teach me the basics. I have to say I loved the game and played every week, some of my other friends joining in. Turns out that only 1 of the group was really into Warhammer. :laugh

From there I mostly played World of Darkness but I have tried a few other games, played a bit of D&D 3.5 as well.

So a few facts you may not know about me.... the photo was taken before works xmas party (1920's) and I was half cut by this point (the party had not even started). I am gay and have been with my partner for 11 years now (insert comment about how I would have got less for manslaughter). I live in Sheffield UK and work in a call center. I am quite an open and honest person (Some times a little blunt I admit) so if you ever got any questions I like to think I am an approachable person.

I play this game for fun and am a big advocate of avoiding drama that sometimes follows RPG games. My goals are to lose weight (I will change the picture when I finally have that beach body!), to promote the NYS community (I think of this as OUR site) and to play games I love with a good group of people.

So let me be the first to welcome you and can't wait to here more about you.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post#2 » December 31st, 2014, 11:35 pm

[img=float-left]http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z411/TheAgent007/bmanpromo.png[/img]Hello everyone, I'm Marcus. It's been about eleven years now that I've been gaming online, and I'm a bit of a collector when it comes to RPGs. I like to make it up as it goes IC, but I'm actually a very structured individual outside of that. I've primarily played dnd 3.5 over the years, though I've been in Shadowrun, Rifts, nWoD, Pathfinder, collected a dozen more. I have been married for six years and am originally from Texas.
Last edited by Matt on February 8th, 2015, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Complaints about not enough bacon
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » October 23rd, 2015, 7:47 am

Hello everyone,

I'm Vlad, and I have NO P'n'P experience whatsoever, mainly because I never found groups that played games I was interested in in my area.
However, I am knowledgeable about WoD insofar as that I have read at least all corebooks (except Demon, didn't get to finish that one yet) at least once and some of the splatbooks. I have been recently motivated to try out playing online and over there on the Onyx Path forums, ArchonAres pointed me to this site. So, here I am :angel
I've always wanted to try out playing, and atm am in the Process of creating some characters. So, sooner or later, I will submit some sheets in the hopes of not beeing too noobish :red

I will only be able to participate on weekends though, due to my schedule (studying Chemistry and English to become a teacher in Germany).

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#4 » October 23rd, 2015, 9:26 pm

Welcome! We are very happy to have you :biggrin2 If you need any help don't hesitate to contact me. If you have skype feel free to add me and I can add you to the sites Skype chat group :)

I have added you to the slow posting group in AFK tavern so ST's know that you are only able to post at weekends.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kagekeaton

Post#5 » December 26th, 2015, 7:58 am

Let's just adjust this little target to my back... Ah, there we go.

You can call me Stuart Little if you'd like; easy way to remember it. I'm new here as of the 25th; perfect timing! I've been exposed to RPG's over the years. D&D 3.5, then Masquerade; Pathfinder, and Changeling. I've read a lot on the systems but lack the practical application of actually playing them for very long.

My brother turned me towards play by post; and it was a really good site; but it broke apart from infighting and is now a ghost site. That was a couple years ago, and I've been having trouble finding another site that wants to just play as is.

I digress; I look forward to playing with others, and making some entertaining posts with everyone.

As for favorite nwod splat; I have to say it's a real close tie between Changeling and Promethean. Maybe that says something about my mentality; but I just love both concepts, I could just hug them to death! Realizing Promethean is not a playable venue I plan to bring my Changeling here and give her a fresh start.

I'm not the kind of person to prattle about myself too much; so if you have any questions feel free to ask i guess.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#6 » December 26th, 2015, 9:59 am

Welcome! Very happy to have a new person join our little community. Another Changeling I will get to planning evil evil things I can't wait!.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#7 » December 26th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Welcome to NYS!
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#8 » December 27th, 2015, 1:43 pm

A hearty welcome from me, too!

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#9 » February 5th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Hey all!

So I am Iblardora, and I have actually been with the site since its inception, initially founding it with gb and Matt, but falling off due to personal issues. You can call me the resident flake. I am an old school 4 chan girl, I am the reason for Tits or Gtfo, a reader, a Liberal libertarian who is helplessly in love with a Conservative, an activist, and all around french person.

So I grew up on roleplaying games, as a child of a pair of geeks I have been part of the community forever. First dnd is 3.5, and started with owod Vampire when I was 12. Yes I was that girl, the one who hung out in graveyards thinking far too deeply about the meaning of my pubescent life. Only I was a hippy so I was wearing this while doing so :

Make of that what you will .

Online and in real life I am an S.t. I do so many though, and have such a low tolerance for the actual crunch of my games that I have been described as "the best st who doesn't know the damned rules." My games are marked with weird entertainment values and small moments of awesome. I primarily work through voice, and I actually post up a shadowrun game every other week on youtube for a channel called the hug patrol .

So yeah that's me, and hopefully my days of flaking are over so I will see you around.

Return to “The Gotham Bar & Grill”