Love or Lust? (Gabriella)

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Love or Lust? (Gabriella)

Post#1 » December 31st, 2016, 12:29 am

Gabriella woke up. The room was pitch black, she could just make out the four posts of the comfortable bed she was sleeping in. That and the ornamented canopy of the bed. The Matress filling was no doubt made of wool with some sort of thick feather topping. The pillows were filled with feathers also. The top blanket was embroidered although in the darkness its design was hard to see. No doubt this was an expensive bed and Gabriella was not in the modern world any more.

It was a few moments before the sound of the door handle slowly turning could be heard, the door opened and partially filled the room. A woman entered the room carrying what looked like a large dress, her features were hard to figure out in the darkness as she quickly made her way across the room and draped the dress over the back of a sofa. The blankets embroidery came into view... it was of course the coat of arms for the Russian Royal family.

The woman flung open the curtains. Bright sunlight filled the room, the warmth hitting Gabriella as she laid in bed. The woman moved and stood towards the end of the bed.

► Show Spoiler

"Good morning your highness." Katrina sounded very chirpy, in fact more chirpy than she normally was. "The Tzarina suggested that I attend you today. She advised that you are feeling a little home sick and may need a friend whilst you are here."
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Love or Lust? (Gabriella)

Post#2 » December 31st, 2016, 12:45 am

Baroness Gabriella Conti¦ Mekhet ¦ Invictus ¦ Status: City: 3, Clan: 3, Covenant: 3 ¦ Presence 3: Cool and Classy ¦ Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes ¦ Obf 2 ¦ Vitae: 11 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Deputy of the Domain/Regent of Gramercy

Well Toto we certainly aren't in Kansas anymore.

She smiled to herself at the joke - considering whose head she was in - and then rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

And calmed herself with said joke to avoid the crippling fear of sunlight thirty plus years of unlife as a Mekhet had given her.

She steeled herself after a moment and stretched out.

For her visitor she put on a smile. "That is most gracious of her Majesty." Gabriella smiled. "I am honored to have such company."

Okay ... Catherine the Great - probably - Highness and homesick - Princess of Sardinia? Probably.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » December 31st, 2016, 1:29 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Russian Accent ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦Character Page

Katrina moved around the side of the bed and pulled back the covers. Naturally she was used to dressing other people, she grabbed the dress and made sure it was unzipped ready for the guest to step into it. She waited and pulled it up and zipped the dress up, fetching the other items that went with it. The hoops for the dress etc... When Katrina said getting dressed when she was alive was a pain in the ass she was not wrong.

"I was thinking we would go walking in the gardens. I believe that Princess Gorchakov is coming to the Palace today. She has expressed an interest in meeting you. " Katrina smiled and finished the first set of clips for the hoop. The woman coming to visit was of course her mother. "So I was thinking we would go for a walk in the Garden. "
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » December 31st, 2016, 1:52 am

Thank God for Feminism

It was all Gabriella could think as Katrina dressed her - which should have been sexy but instead of just kind sexy but mainly long and annoying.

Fucking Corset.

Still Gabriella smiled.

"I look forward to the walk, it appears to be far too lovely a day to spend inside."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » January 1st, 2017, 1:37 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Russian Accent ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦Character Page

Getting dressed took 20 minutes, hair was next and that took at least 20 minutes as well. Katrina took the opportunity to discuss the goings on in the palace. The who's who, what's what. Her recommendations to visit and when to avoid said areas. She was a very knowledgeable about her environment although the information she gave was factual she probably knew all the gossip too.

From there it was a quick breakfast and they were heading down the various hallways, naturally she took all the shortcuts through various rooms and even down a staff corridor. They had just made it outside when a male voice called out. "Katerina... First name, either he knew her on a personal level or he was family.

Katrina stopped, the facial expression was the same as it would have been had she seen someone she had a mild dislike for in 2016. She turned and waited for the man to approach.

"This is my cousin. Sergi Alexivich Scherbatsky."

"A pleasure to meet you" The man smiled "Avoiding your mother I see."

Katrina chuckled "Would I be doing anything else?"

The man smiled "Well if you are going walking around the grounds would you like me to accompany you."

"I think we will be fine."

"I am afraid I will have to insist." The mans smile dropped, he instantly regretted it as soon as he said it.

An awkward silence filled the air. "Sergi... The Princess and I are perfectly capable of looking after ourselves. Heavens forbid that we would be unable to get up, get dressed, eat breakfast and go for a walk without male supervision. I honestly have no idea how us women function without a man. After all" she was cut off.

"Alright, Alright. Point made. However..." He stopped, changing his mind. "You are so weird.." The man frowned at Katrina. "I will let you get on with your day." The man turned around, heading back into the house.

Katrina smiled at the Princess and turned, making there way into the gardens. "He is right, I am weird. My mother says it scares off any potential suitor she lines up. " Katrina smirked, Gabriella knew enough of Katrinas mortal life to know she purposely sabotaged those arrangements. "It will sound strange, however I fail to see why I need a man to validate who I am. "
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » January 1st, 2017, 6:33 pm

Baroness Gabriella Conti¦ Mekhet ¦ Invictus ¦ Status: City: 3, Clan: 3, Covenant: 3 ¦ Presence 3: Cool and Classy ¦ Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes ¦ Obf 2 ¦ Vitae: 11 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Deputy of the Domain/Regent of Gramercy

"Well if they are ever forced to admit that we women do not need them for validation so much of their world view would crumble to dust." The Sardinian princess grinned, leaning in for a 'just us girls' moment with the Russian.

"I suppose that the world will change eventually - after Elizabeth in England, Empress Maria Theresa and the Tzarina they will one day get the hint that we are perfectly capable to rule the earth." She smirked.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#7 » January 7th, 2017, 12:40 am

Katrina smiled and held out an arm. "Here is me, complaining about my little problems when yours are much bigger. People telling you where to go and how to dress. Its why I... The Tzarina decided it would be a good idea to grant you a bit more freedom while you are here. Do you think the unrest in France will calm down anytime soon? "
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » January 7th, 2017, 1:48 am

"I doubt it. The Revolutionaries have crossed a major line and the Kingdoms of Europe cannot allow such aggression to go unanswered lest it stir the pot in their own nations." The Princess frowned. "I am worried - our Kingdom is right next to the beast and will be part of any coalition against the Usurpers. Our location makes us the gateway to Northern Italy and Habsburg possessions to east. As fearful as I of French aggression I also am wary of Austrian desires in Northern Italy - they would love to add to their current territories and protection against France might be a good excuse."

"There have even been whispers of revolution among the peasants in several Italian states, even among the merchants and bankers of the Papal States. I also worry for family and friends. The House of Savoy has long married members of the French Nobility and Royal Houses and I fear for the safety of both blood relations and family-in-law." If she was correct about the time and her parentage then she had two sisters married to French Princes / Fils de France.

"Enlightened reform is needed in Europe - John Locke was correct - but revolution brings out hatred and bloodshed. True enlightenment cannot come from such things."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#9 » January 10th, 2017, 1:35 am

Katrina listened carefully, it was far from her listening skills as kindred. Knowing exactly when to give verbal nods to acknowledge she was listening or create facial expressions to obtain more information. This was much more.... raw. She was actively concentrating rather than it being second nature. "Enlightened reform is needed, however something big would need to force it."

She paused for a moment "Maybe I am looking at things too simply, however I fail to understand why people can't just sit down and work out their differences. Apologise for the sins of the past, move on and at least attempt to be friends. But then the only way diplomatic issues seem to be resolved is by either war or by a marriage that joins the two houses." She shrugged "The harsh reality is at some point France and Austria will either go to war with each other or there will be an arranged marriage." She didn't approve of the idea, the tone evident in her voice. "I often wonder if Europe would be better off it was run by women. We would not have a load of men measuring their.... manhood against each others." It was a politer way of saying a dick measuring contest. A phrase which probably not been invented yet.

"As for the revolutionaries, they are challenging the system." she smiled kindly "Some times the status quo needs to be challenged in order to change the world for the better."

"Whatever happens will bring about change, maybe enough change to spark that enlightened change. Maybe the change that comes means Europe or at least part of it takes a step back. All we can do is influence what we can and take it from there."

"Still, I fear they are challenging something thats too big for them. Sometimes you need to influence multiple small changes to allow for bigger ones at a later date."

"Use me as an example. I was always in trouble for mixing with the common folk." She had refrained from calling them peasants. "Before I was a lady in waiting I would teach the local common folk to read and write. Many people of higher status did not believe the same as myself. That education should be a right and not a privilege. I heard all the 'facts' like, their brains are smaller therefore they are unable to comprehend the civilized hand. I managed to prove that they were just as capable of learning to read and write as you or I."

"That started when I was 10, look at things now. The Tzarina picked up the project and is now starting an education system so they can all learn to read, write, count..."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#10 » January 11th, 2017, 3:25 am

Gabriella focused on hiding her expression. Poor projection of Katrina, almost too good for the hell soon to unfold over the next hundred and twenty-five years. The Shadow knew what was coming for Russia and poor Katrina would get her wish but that wish would be packaged in assassination, revolt, repression and eventually revolution.

"Even Britain had to murder one Monarch and depose another to achieve their current state and I am sure that the Irish, the Scottish Highlanders and the landless poor would contend that there is still far too go in that nation. The American colonials certainly not pleased with the state of Liberty under King George." The Italian woman stopped to admire a flower. "I suppose we could do without men, or we could treat them like our favorite dogs. They can join us after supper for a little while before returning to chase their tails instead of breaking Europe."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#11 » January 12th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Katrina laughed "I like your thinking."

"So besides keeping up with politics what do you like to do when you get any free time."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#12 » January 12th, 2017, 8:41 pm

"Read, study various languages, ride my horse, study the arts of warfare." Gabriella smirked. "I would be the perfect son if my parents hadn't announced that I was born a girl."

"What about yourself? How do you keep warm and busy here in Russia?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#13 » January 13th, 2017, 12:16 am

"Read, Study languages. Currently I know French and English. I am working on Latin. Sewing, music ... I am part of an Amateur Theatre Group. All the normal things."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#14 » January 13th, 2017, 4:42 pm

"I could help you with Latin if you wished." Gabriella smiled at the Russian.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#15 » January 13th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Katrina grinned "Yeah that would be great! Thank-you!" She was genuinely excited for the prospect. "It will help to keep me away from all the people who like to gossip about me."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”