Champion of the Just (Katrina)

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Champion of the Just (Katrina)

Post#1 » December 30th, 2016, 11:53 pm

Katrina awoke.

To her perception it couldn't have been more than a moment or two. She had closed her eyes in the private upstairs room a minute before and now she was awake again. Some ritual.

Wait. She hadn't been in a bed. She was in a bed.

There hadn't been music. Now there was music.

Blondie.

Debbie Harry singing.

Someone with a good voice singing along to Debbie Harry.

Comfortable bed.

Wait - was she naked? She was naked.

She was absolutely naked under the covers of the comfortable bed.

Blondie was playing on the radio.

She opened her eyes. A studio apartment. A nice studio apartment. Looked lived in, the slight mess of an actual home - the actual sanctuary of someone. Rare for Katrina to be in someone else's.

Her face felt warm.

OH SHIT.

Sunlight. Sunlight. Sunlight on her face.

Oh Shit.

Wait - she wasn't burning.

No burning. The dream. Yes the dream. A memory of the Sun's rays.

"Good morning sleepy head." It was the voice who had been singing. Gabriella's voice - only somewhat younger and minus half a lifetime in the Requiem. She was in the kitchette, the entire space was very open, and drinking from a cup. The living and breathing Gabriella was wearing a Chicago Cubs t-shirt - a men's t-shirt that hung down to just beyond the top of her thighs. There was even the hint of an English accent - something Katrina had never heard from her before. "I have strong coffee or English tea or both in either order if you're interested."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Champion of the Just (Katrina)

Post#2 » December 31st, 2016, 12:06 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page
Katrina took a few Smoments to observe her surroundings. Strange.... Very Strange. She smirked, that was certainly some magic. She got out of bed and slipped on a t-shirt and some underwear. "Tea will be fine thank you. " Once the t-shirt was on she made her way to the kitchenette.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#3 » December 31st, 2016, 12:22 am

The place was lived in. Bed. Nightstand. Television. A table, several chairs, kitchette. Nice windows with a view over a park - Riverside Park - and onto the Hudson. They were about five or six floors up - Upper West Side. Up near Columbia.

Gabriella grabbed a mug and a tea bag and added water from a kettle.

There were pictures on the walls. Many included her.

Her - a younger version, maybe thirteen or fourteen, between two young men that looked similar. One looked to be in his early 20's and was in a military uniform - Marine Corps if Kat guessed correctly. Handsome. Really handsome - a mix of all american boy and European charm. The second young man was in his late teens, just a bit older than the girl. He was skinny and had glasses with a know it all smirk. She was between them - slim, slightly awkward as if she were just growing into her looks and body.

A dignified older man and woman in an expensive suit and dress. Katrina knew the bearing of nobility but each also possessed a warmth as they smiled in the photo and the gesture reached their eyes.

All five of them together - even young - the girl now maybe ten at the very most. And President Kennedy. And Jackie O and the kids. All smiling. When an official photo is actually capturing a moment. Gabriella standing next to little John Jr.

Her older. Almost as she was now. With an elderly woman who looked straight out of Downton Abbey - they stood with a foyer of a graceful British manner home behind them.

"Milk? Cream? Sugar?"

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#4 » December 31st, 2016, 12:35 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page
"Milk and Sugar will be fine thanks." Katrina smiled, half wondering if Gabriella still had those photos and why she had never seen them before. Maybe it was part of her life that she didn't want to look back on.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#5 » December 31st, 2016, 12:57 am

Milk. Sugar." She added both and handed the cup to Katrina, leaving a spoon.

She walked by Kat and the Gangrel felt a play smack on her rear as the other woman went into the main room.

"I've got some breakfast items but I usually grab something on the way to class." She cleaned up a bit, making the bed. "Don't worry - I've got an hour and a half before my only lecture today and it's Torts." She made a sound that was almost a sigh but maybe with a bit of disdain in it and then flopped onto the bed.

She wasn't wearing underwear under the t-shirt.

"And if the Law were music Torts would be the Eagles so I'm walking into that class in one hour, twenty-nine minutes and fifty-nine seconds."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#6 » December 31st, 2016, 1:32 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Russian Accent ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦Character Page

Katrina took a sip of her tea. "I don't know, that extra second is going to be a killer."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#7 » December 31st, 2016, 1:59 am

"I will be shocked if the professor is on time. Business Law, Criminal Law, Legal Ethics are all top notch but no Law School is perfect and Torts is the weak sister of the bunch." She stretched out on the bed.

"Sorry, I don't mean to hog the spotlight. You have plans for today? Work? School?"

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#8 » December 31st, 2016, 12:42 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Russian Accent ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦Character Page

Katrina smiled "It's cool. I like listening. As for my plans today I have none, no classes today so I was just going to chill."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#9 » December 31st, 2016, 3:28 pm

"Ah. Art Major right?" Gabriella got up and moved to the door, opening it and grabbing a paper - the New York Times - from the door step. Katrina could make out the date - Wednesday April 4, 1979.

"Saying you like to listen might be scary open invitation - I'm Italian-American and possess political opinions, you might not get in another word until the Cubs win the World Series."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#10 » January 1st, 2017, 1:55 am

"Yes, I am currently working on a set of pieces challenging the social and political norm. All featuring a central icon... a girl with a sledgehammer.... I call her hammer girl."

"As for listening and getting a word in I can be loud when I need to be. As long as we do it over some cannoli I am fine with it.."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#11 » January 1st, 2017, 5:43 pm

Gabriella nodded. "I like the basics of the image."

She then smirked when Katrina mentioned Italian food. "I do a mean Agnolotti from scratch when I've got the time to prepare and can get the right cut of beef from a good Italian butcher. Takes awhile but it is worth it."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#12 » January 7th, 2017, 12:34 am

"Well good food is always worth the wait and it's a date."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#13 » January 7th, 2017, 1:53 am

Gabriella grinned.

"I will hold you to that."

She checked the paper.

"So ... I hate to ask but ah ... are you out yet? I know it's a personal question but if you're saying the word date and that implies another date and that implies that you liked last night and hopefully other dates and other nights and what I mean." She was rambling. Blushing and rambling. Kat had never seen this Gabriella.

"What I mean is that I don't want to cause problems for you if I touch you in public or hold your hand at club or kiss you. I'm fine and brave about myself but I don't want to press things for someone else." 1979. Katrina had heard stories from many in the theater world about what it was like to be gay back then. Great in the Village and other tolerant pockets of the city. Rough everywhere else.

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#14 » January 10th, 2017, 1:09 am

"I am out... I am an Artise' after all... it all adds towards those years of mental anguish required to create a masterpiece."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#15 » January 11th, 2017, 3:04 am

Gabriella nodded. "Good." She paused for a moment. "Anyone give you any trouble about it?"

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”