Double Dragon

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: Double Dragon

Post#31 » December 12th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/7¦ Health : [/][/][/][/][/][/][] ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

Jeremy gave her a quizzical look. "Could you elaborate on that? I have to admit, I have not concerned myself with any Aspect of fighting save the mechanics."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#32 » December 13th, 2016, 7:41 pm

"A number of martial arts styles combine a philosophical outlook on the self and the world with defense training. When selecting a style you should look at the beliefs associated with it and pick something that will help you get more out of the practice than just learning how to punch hard."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#33 » December 14th, 2016, 3:05 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/7¦ Health : [/][/][/][/][/][/][] ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

That has always seemed such a strange concept: mixing spiritual ideologies about peace and centering yourself with how to most efficiently cause pain and how to most quickly end another life. Jeremy was sceptical. He was merely interested in the mechanical side of how to harm others, how to prevent harm from coming to himself. It was merely a tool, not a way to experience the world. He had Science for that. Maybe that is why he subconscously picked Boxing, why it is such a good fit? After all, there is no spiritual baggage to speak of, aside from the psychological aspects of intimidation, luring and feinting. Why should he mix things that do not go together with each other? It was not sensible.
Yes, he would stick to boxing. Right tools for the job and all that. The far-eastern mindset was simply too confused and obscure to his tastes. At some point in his voyage, maybe. But he'd stick to more comfortable waters to explore until then.
"Thank you. I will keep it in mind. For now, boxing provides ample new experiences and sensations to me. Not all of them pleasent, as I must admit" he said with a wry grin. If he hadn't already decided to make this into a study, he would have healed them now. Maybe next time, and then compare the sensations of the two instances?
"Please, excuse me for a second" he said as he pulled out his little notepad from his coat, as well as a pen, and started to write a few things down in his usual code.
Among them: Pain more distracting than expected.
Unwise course of action in the heat of the moment - tunnel vision?
.............................................................. Lee-Advice: Look at philosophical outlook of martial art before picking...?
Advice Robert: Consider different parameters for defense, e.g. certain types of action not available due to circumstance.
Furious attack at the beginning - better? Neglecting defense in the end - a mistake.

Repeat the incident, but heal next time...?

Emotions unclear. Partly numb, partly in uproar. Numb uproar. Oxymoronic, but fitting.

Not sure whether fighting is for me, aside from the academic/survivalist value. A tool, not the tool?

Gangrel fight...

When he was finished, he apologetically added "I'm sorry for the wait, I like to record my thoughts and experiences as quick as possible."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#34 » December 14th, 2016, 4:48 pm

While Jeremy had focused on his notes Lee and Robert had both started to spar, the Ventrue taking the offense and working kicks in against the Daeva who was blocking all of them. It was slow and clearly not meant to cause any damage, it seemed to be about form more than anything else.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#35 » December 14th, 2016, 7:14 pm

The chemist put away his notepad and watched them spar. This, too, was new, and since they were kind enough to share, it was only proper to pay attention. His focus was on Robert, because this was the man he had just ... trained with. After a while, he focused mainly on Lee, because he felt he could relate more with her position than Robert's.

Some thoughts about being overpowered and how unpleasant that feeling is bumbled around in his head from time to time. They were rather evocative, bringing up some bad memories from not too long ago. It would never be long enough. From before he became a Dragon.
All this fighting and the emotions it brought up was twisting his thoughts. He shook his head and focused on the task at hand.

Observe. Memorize. Learn. Improve.

Ascend.

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”