Double Dragon

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Double Dragon

Post#16 » November 24th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Jeremy's up at a -4 (Def + Armor)
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#17 » November 26th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 8/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

The old chemistry prof was quick on his feet, but his jab proved ineffective.
► Show Spoiler

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#18 » November 26th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Robert Carraway¦ Daeva/Brujah ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦ Status: City: 2, Clan: 3, Covenant: 2 ¦ Presence 4: Confident ¦ Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Vitae: 8 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Active: Vigor, Resilience

► Show Spoiler

Jeremy's punch (attempt) put him out of place and allowed the Daeva to get in a shot that caught the Gangrel square on the shoulder. The Gangrel's "off" shoulder but it still hurt.

Jeremy's up - Next time if your roll is 0 dice put in 0 (with rerolls) for a chance die.

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#19 » November 27th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 8/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : [/][/][][][][][] ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

Jeremy gingerly moved his shoulder. Not broken, but damaged. He made a mental note. "Unusual, distracting input"
Still confident, he tried to hit the more maneuverable Daeva with a straight right - in vain.

► Show Spoiler

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#20 » November 28th, 2016, 6:49 am

Robert Carraway¦ Daeva/Brujah ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦ Status: City: 2, Clan: 3, Covenant: 2 ¦ Presence 4: Confident ¦ Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Vitae: 8 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Active: Vigor, Resilience

► Show Spoiler

The next hit was to the gut, a solid upper cut to the solar plexus that saw the taller Daeva first bend slight in order to lean into the blow.

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#21 » November 30th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/7¦ Health : [/][/][/][/][/][/][] ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

As he reeled back from the hit, the professor was thankful he had no need to breath anymore, or this would have finished the fight. At the same moment, he came to realize that while he was being beaten rather handily, he had not landed a single shot. And that made him angry. Furious, even. Jeremy went in expecting to be beaten, but not being beaten by such a margin. He had hoped to make a better figure, to draw this out, to learn more.
He wanted to earn a reason for some sort of praise. Something to note down as a successful experiment.
Desperate to hit at least once, he augmented himself with Vitae, going all-out with a furious right hook, and leaving himself wide open as a result.

► Show Spoiler

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#22 » December 3rd, 2016, 7:51 pm

Robert Carraway¦ Daeva/Brujah ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦ Status: City: 2, Clan: 3, Covenant: 2 ¦ Presence 4: Confident ¦ Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Vitae: 7 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Active: Vigor, Resilience

Robert healed the damage instantly and pushed himself forward with his right fist aimed at Jeremy's jaw.

Jeremy was expecting pain but at the last moment the fist stopped, making the barest contact with the Gangrel's chin.

"Lee what did he do wrong?"

The Daeva held his fist in place.

"Left himself far too open by throwing everything into a blow that would not put his opponent out of the fight."

'And?"

"He was already hurt bad enough that opening up and leaving himself defenseless would cost him the fight. He couldn't risk taking a major blow and couldn't knock his opponent out of the fight with one shot but he still took a bad risk." Lee folded her arms across her chest. "He had the first shot and if he was willing to risk taking damage he should have opened with the risky attack to put you off balance and set the tone of the engagement."

Robert grinned and stepped back. "Right." He tossed a thumbs up at Lee and then spoke to Jeremy. "No need to knock you on your ass to make that point. We're not the Crone - I'm sure that you don't need extra pain to reinforce every lesson."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#23 » December 6th, 2016, 12:01 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/7¦ Health : [/][/][/][/][/][/][] ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

The Professor expected the worst and flinched as the fist came closer useless reflex and awaited the impact, just to open his eyes after a split second to a waiting fist.
He payed attention to every detail of the question-and-answer session. Apparently, Carraway used this to teach both of them at the same time? Very efficient, so this was not any waste of either of their time.
He took note of his own posture as Lee talked away, re-experienced the fight in his head, trying to see it from her point of view.
How strange, that you could know how something should be done, and still get it wrong.
Jeremy sighed deeply. The experience was over. It had been painful, a bit crushing and overwhelming. It had been new in it's roughness, definitely. Reflecting and re-evaluating it would prove a memorable lesson.
"Thank you. Both of you. " He grimaced a bit emberassedly. "I believe the pain I sustained so far will be enough motivation to improve, indeed, thank you very much. And since I am a Dragon, I will learn from it as much as I can." He rubbed his chin. This is where Robert's fist would have made an impression, in a very physical meaning of the word. "This was certainly a very new experience. However, it seems the two of you are rather used to this sort of situation, yes?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#24 » December 6th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Robert Carraway¦ Daeva/Brujah ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦ Status: City: 2, Clan: 3, Covenant: 2 ¦ Presence 4: Confident ¦ Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Vitae: 7 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Active: Vigor, Resilience

"I've been teaching her to fight for over a year now."

Lee nodded. "My Sire was a dick and tried to get me back after I got away from him. I didn't really appreciate feeling like a victim so I decided to do something about it." She shrugged as if it were no big deal.

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#25 » December 8th, 2016, 6:34 am

"Indeed, that appears to be a reasonable course of action." The Professor didn't seem to consider the situation out of the ordinary.
"A year is a long time. Anything you would consider especially interesting about fighting?" he asked, quizzically touching the more tender Spots he just acquired.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#26 » December 8th, 2016, 6:09 pm

"Well first thing would be deciding how you want to defend yourself when you claws are not an option. Pick what you feel comfortable with and start working towards that as a goal. Learn what you can about your chosen field and pick up techniques and the skill set required to be effective in it."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#27 » December 11th, 2016, 2:05 pm

"Hmm.... In that case, my further delving would focus on Boxing" Jeremy responded. He softly felt his shoulder. New sensations. He'd let this heal slowly, to let them linger. "I do not feel very comfortable with my legs leaving the ground for any length of time, less so for kicking or acrobatic movements, and any situation where I cannot make use of my claws is most likely also a situation where people should not witness an elderly man perform any sort of backflips or high kicks... It also works well with the addition of claws. And back in my day" he said with a small spark of mischief in his eyes, "none of this... Ultimate Fighting was around. Good old fisticuffs was all you had. Either that, or you were Asian, or had Asian friends, and could learn Kung Fu." He nodded, mostly to himself. "Hmm.... Yes, I do believe that fits me the most, from all these... martial movements." He looked curiously at both Lee and Robert. "What did you chose as your working field, as it were?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#28 » December 11th, 2016, 3:05 pm

Robert shrugged. "A lot of boxing, a bit of Karate, some of the mixed styles that the Army and Marines have developed and even taken a lesson or two in Krav Maga." The Daeva went about straightening up the mats in the room that had been dislodged why the sparring session. "I like to keep up to date with new styles, helps me adjust to this time period."

Lee thought for a second. "I've taken a couple of kung fu classes."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#29 » December 11th, 2016, 6:12 pm

"Taking in different approaches to a single goal has something very much in line with our ideology, I have to admit. Then again, everyone has to progress in his own time and to his own abilities, does he not?" The elderly man smiled. "What made you pick Kung Fu?" he asked Lee.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#30 » December 12th, 2016, 5:48 am

"No lack of training options so I could pick a teacher whose philosophy I agreed with and I like the mental discipline aspect of the martial art."

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”