Double Dragon

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Double Dragon

Post#1 » November 3rd, 2016, 8:31 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 8/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration central room was nice to pass the time. Once three rooms, the walls had been removed, and now offered a lot of space. The walls were near covered in books, and thus the Supplicant of Hunger Jeremy spent a lot of time here. He was reading a book on blood components, but although he usually got lost in his books, today this was not the case. Getting distracted easily, losing his trains of thought, he realized today was not a day to further his study. Instead, it was a day to try something new today. Lately, he had a need to apply what he had trained, to measure his growth. He realized that tomight, he would spar with another Dragon.
With steady eyes, he looked up from his book, out of the corner of his eyes, to see who was around.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Double Dragon

Post#2 » November 4th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Jeremy was there, mostly alone, for about ten to fifteen minutes when he heard the door to the basement open and then a pair of voices. It took him a moment to place them but after a second or two he recognized the tones of Robert and Lee just before they entered the room.

"Oh hello." Came the verbal greeting from the young female Ventrue, followed a second later with a head nod from the older male Daeva. "Getting up to anything interesting this evening?"
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » November 4th, 2016, 5:12 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 8/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

Jeremy smiled. Yes! "Hello Scribe Avery, Initiate Carraway" he said in a friendly, polite tone, and he nodded back as he got up. "And I should hope so, otherwise I would be amiss here, wouldn't I?" He focused his eyes on Robert. "As luck would have it, I was actually hoping to meet both of you here tonight. You would not happen to have a little time to spare?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » November 6th, 2016, 3:20 pm

Lee glanced over at Robert and then back at Jeremy.

"Sure, what's up?"

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#5 » November 6th, 2016, 5:56 pm

"Scribe Avery, would you be so kind to observe a friendly sparring match between Initiate Carraway and me?" Jeremy asked while putting the book away. "It is part of a new series of experiences I focus on recently, and it would help me out immensely. I believe I will be unable to be as attentive as necessary to jot down everything properly" he smiled slightly as if he had said something remotely funny just now " which is why I would appreciate you doing it instead. Would the two of you do me this honor?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » November 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Lee grinned and Robert shrugged. It was the Daeva who replied. "Are you sure that you want to start with me? Lee's no pushover."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » November 7th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Jeremy shrugged. "I do not discriminate and certainly didn't mean to insult Scrive Avery, but it somehow felt more appropriate. Or maybe hiding my wounded pride will be easier" he said with a wink. "The duty of keeping record would then, of course, fall to you. I think there is truth to the statement that a larger gap makes you jump further, however."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » November 8th, 2016, 9:52 pm

"Well in that case I guess I can help jump further. Maybe even higher as well." The Daeva grinned. "What's your weapon?"

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » November 8th, 2016, 9:56 pm

"That would be wonderful" Jeremy seemed happy as he clapped his hands together. "Fists. Well, claws, actually, but we don't have to go there." Jeremy didn't say it, but he was worried about harming the other Dragon too much by accident. Even a complete amateur could get lucky and get a good blow in against a master, after all. He wouldn't want to risk that - unless the other party is aware of the danger and confident/willing enough to proceed, anyway.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#10 » November 9th, 2016, 7:47 pm

"We're not going there because my general attitude towards Claws is no mercy if anyone uses them on me."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » November 10th, 2016, 10:09 pm

"A smart approach, as far as I can tell" This seemed to coincide with his data: Claws where terrible weapons. Painful and dangerous. Even to Kindred. Even to someone like Robert. "Good ol' fisticuffs, then?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#12 » November 17th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Robert shrugged. "Sure." He turned around and began to head back downstairs.

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » November 19th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Once there, Jeremy took off his jacket. It hindered his arm movements, and if he wanted to punch, well... He didn't want to damage it. It had been a gift by one of his former students, and he saw no reason to damage a perfectly fine item of clothing (in a manner he already explored). He kept on his clothes, otherwise. He wanted to keep as many parameters equal to a real confrontation as possible, and since he rarely wore sports clothing, chances of him fighting in comfortable shoes or barefoot were pretty low. He positioned himself across of Robert and Lee and said "Ready when you are", smiling excitedly.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#14 » November 21st, 2016, 9:38 pm

Robert Carraway¦ Daeva/Brujah ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦ Status: City: 2, Clan: 3, Covenant: 2 ¦ Presence 4: Confident ¦ Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Vitae: 8 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Active: Vigor, Resilience

► Show Spoiler

Robert walked down the stairs and didn't seem to bother changing. He just sort of made a 'come on' motion at Jeremy once they were in the room.

Roll Initiative

Robert is Defense of 3 and Armor 1

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » November 24th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Jeremy immediately got into a boxing stance, albeit a slightly weird one.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”