Glimpse: A Dragon's Research (Part 2)

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Glimpse: A Dragon's Research (Part 2)

Post#1 » September 27th, 2016, 4:22 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

The latest lab log entry was titled Crystals might be the answer!
"In my efforts at conserving Vitae I came about a tome depicting the inherent magical powers of certain crystals. While there is much to be tested, to sort out the exaggerations and misinformation, the magical resonance of crystals is mentioned repeatedly among different cultures, which indicates there is some truth to it. More to the point, in most cases crystals are used as a means of storing some sort of energy which can be released in the form of a spell, a means of storing or exchanging information, consumed to increase one's lifespan or power or used as some sort of key.
As is easy to imagine, the possibility to store magical energy and information got my attention. Finding a way to crystalize Vitae might be the next step in creating a catalyst. It might even be a completely different approach to the problem!
And since I had no possibility to assail the other tasks, this is, at the very least, a wonderful way to pass the time while furthering my knowledge and doing something completely new! I strongly suspect however that Crystallized Vitae will have enourmous potential for different uses, not least of all the Study of Vitae itself.
With science, it is entirely possible to crystalize structures as complicated and fragile as DNA. More accurately, it is the creation of DNA salts. While that particular science is often called equal parts science and art, crystalizing blood will be of a different magnitude, as it doesn't have to be as pure and is even something that happens fairly often naturally. Furthermore, something similar to this had already made some noise in the occult community: so-called "essential salts" supposedly storing all information of a person. Currently, I am reading the notes collected after the apparent destruction of one of the forerunners experimenting with essential salts, Joseph Curven.
Once I have found a reliable method for crystalizing the blood, I will attempt various practices perceived as 'imbuing crystals with Energy'. If I have any sort of repeatable phenomenon, I will call in Sinclair. Sharing knowledge among may be important, but getting someone more experienced to take a look is even more important. Not only could she provide a different point of view, I suspect she knows Auspex, which would allow her to observe changes I cannot. I also admit I hope to be able to impress upon her the opinion that I am a Dragon worthy of attention.
But first, results."
Ah, the rush of exploring a problem experimentally. How I've missed that.

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”