Bumping in Da Night (August 3)

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Bumping in Da Night (August 3)

Post#16 » August 19th, 2016, 4:13 am

The double doors led from the dining room into an upstairs kitchen, there was a small pulley operated elevator to bring food up from the basement, but this place had all the preparation stations to create small to medium (1 to 4 person) sized meals and space for storage of items from utensils to plates to serving dishes and everything in between. In the corner was a set of stairs leading both up and down, the servants staircase.

The other three doors from the dining room led to, in order from left to right, a footman's/butler's closet (where the help could keep an eye on dinner or drinks in the sitting room), a small empty room, and a hallway that went forward for about thirty feet and then ended with two rooms on the left. The first contained a pair of twin beds, long rotted and with only the rusted frames remaining, and the second was a small two piece bathroom.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#17 » August 19th, 2016, 6:35 am

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

The Dragon looked around some, but careful not to touch too many things. Something about the place felt... right. As weird as it sounds, Jeremy liked this place. He decided he was going to dig deeper in what little spare time he had. The idea made him smile. This was going to be more than just one new experience.
"This used to be a wonderful place, apparently." He turned to Garret:"No new insights to be gained, however. As far as I am concerned, I think we are done, unless there is anything else you would like me to adress? To sum up, we have dealt with the supposed invisible ghosts, which are just air currents- and by the way, these would also be responsible for so called 'cold spots', commonly associated with Ghost activity, albeit I do not recall any such phenomena being linked to this place- and...where was I? Oh, right, the air currents. We could also attribute the sounds to both the rotten state of the building, with wind passing through cracks and wood moving, and drug fiends taking up camp here, which explains why people could occasionally hear talking or moaning. Or lights, since I doubt they walk around in complete darkness in here. All of this in addition to the psychological connections we draw when confronted with a run-down-house lead to the birth of a legend. Understandably, maybe, but utterly unfounded."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#18 » August 27th, 2016, 6:30 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3: Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

Garret lowers the camera and nods. "Mark here to cut." and with that he looks around.

"No that's pretty much what I need." He shakes his head. "I was almost half hoping there was something but it feels... Dead no pun intended."

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#19 » September 1st, 2016, 6:38 am

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ Presence 3: Highly Educated ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

Jeremy nodded. "I know what you mean. Although I am afraid that we simply lack the instruments, or senses, to take notice.
So. what now? Want to take a look at the places we'd missed out? Oh, and please save me one of these 'dead soldiers'. I'd very much like to know what is in there. Call it idle curiosity."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#20 » September 1st, 2016, 4:50 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3: Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

"Sure let's do that. Also I can tell you exactly what's in there : Aids and death, but sure. "

He looks around and then sighs. "Lead the way."

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#21 » September 2nd, 2016, 6:27 pm

"Oh, I was more curious what kind of drug that is. That is all."
He went ahead to the stairs and carefully tested them for reliability before stepping on them.

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#22 » September 12th, 2016, 9:29 pm

The stairs creaked and buckled slightly under the Gangrel's weight. They should hold, for now, but it might be best to attempt the staircase one at a time.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#23 » September 14th, 2016, 2:19 pm

"Careful."
The old Professor went ahead, taking his time climbing the stairs.

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”