Crossing it off the list

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Crossing it off the list

Post#121 » September 21st, 2016, 6:33 pm

Gabriella began to pace slightly. "This is so insane."

DoppelGabriella shrugged her shoulders. "Yes it is. This might be a first in human history, if I wasn't a victim of it I might even be impressed."

"Impressed would not be the word I'd have used. Terrified is more like it." The Shadow shook her head. "If the very nature of reality has been altered, at least the reality bound within each of us, have we been effected or affected or both?"

DoppelGabriella seemed to understand the question. "Potentially both. Have either of you been feeling strange over the last year? Anything out of sorts about your condition?"
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#122 » September 21st, 2016, 7:50 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page
Katrina sat down. "Out of sorts? Well not sure if it is related but random memories coming back could potentially counted." she shrugged "I have chalked it up to some sort of side effect."

"As for being terrified..... not going to join you on that one. I have faced cross before and clearly failed to finally resolve that issue. This time I choose to get angry and I am determined to not let him win. I don't know what will happen if he wins but I have no intention of finding out."
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#123 » September 24th, 2016, 10:05 pm

DoppelGabriella sighed. "It's not a fear of Cross, it's a fear of US. We should not exist. By the logic of you vampires, by the logic of other supernatural entities, by any lore out there. We aren't a bending of reality, we're an imposition on reality." She paced. Much more than regular Gabriella. "I think that Cross isn't alone, that he's called on a favor or sold out to something else, something that has the power to do this. The pieces fit, I wish they didn't, but they do. If I'm right it might mean that we Doppelgangers have a purpose in all this and can be used against that partner. We might be able to harm them since we're operating with some connection beyond the rest of the world with whatever made us."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#124 » October 5th, 2016, 11:53 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page
"Potentially" she smiled "Or if we believe cross. Which I don't by the way. They were created to try and get as many of us out the way."

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause an erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins. I don't think fearing you is the right course of action, for me at least. What will be will be."

Katrina smiled at both Gabriella's

"Now the big question is.... did you buy that?" It was her role to keep people talking, working with each other, optimistic. Telling them they have no reason to be fearful would be difficult at best. One of the problems with fear was it had the potential to cause irrational thinking and as a result stupid mistakes.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#125 » October 6th, 2016, 4:13 am

Gabriella shrugged. "Not really but the thought is appreciated." The Shadow stopped pacing and smirked at Katrina. Then her eyes lit up and she crossed the room quickly to give Katrina a quick kiss on the lips before stepping back.

"You crazy sexy Russian."

She laughed and shook her head, moving her hands and snapping her fingers as she translated the thought into language.

"Fear. It's fear." She laughed again. "Everything Cross is afraid of, demon hunters and Mikhail, are individuals who might know who he or what he really is. He trades on reputation, he has major supernatural juice behind him and that's scary, but at his core the awe surrounding him comes from a lack of knowledge."

DoppelGabriella nodded. "So what do you do to counter that?"

"I know a demon hunter, I've been trying to contact him but can't seem to reach him. I know that he's been busy, that things are going insane on that side of things. I've checked his usual haunts and nothing."

DoppelGabriella sighed. "I can try, we will need something of his though."

Gabriella nodded. "Shouldn't be too difficult."

"Also if you two want to make out again that would okay too. Would help me brainstorm. Yes. Brainstorm."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#126 » October 11th, 2016, 2:18 pm

"So we need something of our friends. How do you propose we get that?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#127 » October 11th, 2016, 3:14 pm

"We go and find them. If they need a hand, well we offer it. I think that the stakes are high enough to justify cooperation."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#128 » October 15th, 2016, 11:20 am

"It presents some dangers though. Once the trouble has passed their attention may be directed towards ourselves."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#129 » October 17th, 2016, 8:02 pm

"That is always a danger, however they've left us alone in the past. Apparently they can sense morality and don't go out to commit full on Van Helsing Hate Crimes, instead they use that morality sense to pick targets."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#130 » October 20th, 2016, 8:43 pm

"Oh I know that.... it's just what he also said that worries me. Him and one of his colleagues are okay, smart like that. The others.... idiots... like Baltimore style idiots. Helping the right type of hunter is all well and good.... However if we are noticed by the wrong hunters then we had best prepare for a never ending parade of stupid coming at us from a whole new ugly angle."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#131 » October 21st, 2016, 4:29 am

"Agreed, although in this case I think we're taking any allies we can get." Gabriella frowned and crossed her arms against her chest. "Once Caroline is done speaking with herself we should seek my contact out, the more I think of this lack of communication the more it really bothers me."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#132 » October 25th, 2016, 12:17 pm

"I could summon him.... but he would be pissed."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#133 » October 26th, 2016, 4:30 am

"Considering the stakes it's an option on the table. First however we'll hit his place of work and see if he's been in over the last few days."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#134 » October 29th, 2016, 7:49 pm

"Yeah, I think finding him is going to be a long night."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#135 » November 3rd, 2016, 5:16 pm

"We should check on Caroline." Gabriella opened the door and a look of surprise crossed her face. "Where did Lumley go?"

Caroline emerged from the room. "Difficult to explain, we spoke and actually came to an understanding. She accepted the situation and then disappeared in the blink of an eye."

"Do you feel different?"

Caroline pondered the question for several seconds. "It might be early, and this is a rather odd situation that could create an unusual state of mind, but yes I do. Not the most objective or scientific description but 'different' fits."

DoppelGabriella then turned to Katrina. "Tell me about Victoria Lumley."

It should have been an easy answer, Katrina always did her homework on artists she worked with, however facts about the author Victoria Lumley seemed to be vanishing from her mind by the second.

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”