Crossing it off the list

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Crossing it off the list

Post#1 » April 25th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page
Katrina had two major pieces on her to do list. The first was gather enough information about Mr Cross to be able to start finding where his influence was. From there she could start to work on decreasing his influence and therefore the brood's.

The other piece was a new plan, something one of the Carthians brought up although that would need to wait. She had called Gabriella and checked when she was free, she had also found out where the Caroline Doppelganger was going to be. The carthians had no success, maybe team Katrina would have better luck.

"A Venti Skinny Moca Chai Tea.... With Foam please." she asked the barista. She had decided to meet Gabriella in a local coffee shop not too far from the event.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Crossing it off the list

Post#2 » April 26th, 2016, 4:07 am

Baroness Gabriella Conti¦ Mekhet ¦ Invictus ¦ Status: City: 3, Clan: 3, Covenant: 3 ¦ Presence 3: Cool and Classy ¦ Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes ¦ Obf 2 ¦ Vitae: 10 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Deputy of the Domain/Regent of Gramercy ¦ Blush of Heath, Heightened Senses

Gabriella was waiting in the corner, having picked the most private booth that she could, and was sitting with her laptop up and running. She also looked like a young woman in her late twenties who was working on a novel in a coffee shop, which of course in the trendy coffee houses of Manhattan and Brooklyn was the perfect way to blend into the crowd. Well except for the almost completely normal tea, Earl Grey, also sitting on the table. She'd had the real Italian and French specialty coffees in Europe and the America versions just never quite hit the spot properly.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » April 27th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page
Katrina chuckled as she slid into the booth "Long time stranger." a smirk formed "I see your new friends have taught you the virtue of time keeping." of course she meant the Invictus. It wasn't really a dig at Gabriella's new allegiance, it was more an observation that she had actually arrived early.

Katrina checked around to make sure no one could overhear their conversation. "We are going to drop in one one of the doppelgangers tonight. Well at least one.... if we have time there may be some sort of crazy plan but we can deal with that later."

"Victoria is our target, shes at a fundraiser tonight for Saint Mungo's."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » April 28th, 2016, 1:21 am

Baroness Gabriella Conti¦ Mekhet ¦ Invictus ¦ Status: City: 3, Clan: 3, Covenant: 3 ¦ Presence 3: Cool and Classy ¦ Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes ¦ Obf 2 ¦ Vitae: 10 ¦ WP: Full ¦ Deputy of the Domain/Regent of Gramercy ¦ Blush of Heath, Heightened Senses

"Blair has been informed to await my call and if we need the extra effort I also have the number of a newly arrived gentleman with connections in the business slash financial worlds. Working watches and potential minions." Gabriella tossed Kat a teasing grin. "My new assistant is standing by as well, she's rather good with computers in case we need to cross that river." That was news to Kat, the new "assistant".

"Will be interesting to see a Lumley socially again, well one still using the family name. Odd that even with understanding the truth part of my mind can still fit her into their family tree. Weird since I danced with her father, well fake father, years ago."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » April 30th, 2016, 12:25 am

Katrina chuckled "Assistant?.... you know what I doubt we have time for a bit of banter about you having an assistant and minions on standby. I guess we will have to park that one."

"The objective of tonight is to see if we can dig out information about Cross. Using.... other methods if needed." She of course meant Presence, Dominate and Auspex. "I need some information to go on, from there I or we if you are up for it. Can start to dig and find where his influence is. The issue we have with cross is we have to hit hard and fast. If he gets wind that we are digging he will start to shuffle his assets which will make our job harder."

"It potentially could be a wasted exercise, however I suspect a lot of our friends resources come from him and that he has multiple aces to play if he requires it."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » April 30th, 2016, 6:12 am

"Investigation should not be an issue, we have the people to do the pull on the threads we find. What was your idea regarding the doppelgangers?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#7 » May 1st, 2016, 10:37 pm

"Well, it was Marty who came up with the idea. They think the power behind the doppelgangers is straining to hold this reality together. With a push it might be broken. She had several ideas and honestly I was going to get Caroline's thoughts before doing anything. I was thinking about meeting my doppelganger and showing her a paradox of her existence." she paused. "Might be a long shot, but worthwhile testing the theroy."

"While we are around the subject. How did the big operation go?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » May 1st, 2016, 11:20 pm

"Good. Got rid of Dmitri's EVIL distant cousin and ended with a list that took eight of us almost a week to fully pick apart and separate. It's a long one but we've broken it down and collated it by Borough and Occupation. I have a copy for you in a safe back at my place." Nobody was apparently taking chances with security.

"As for alt-you, well that honestly makes sense. Can't be easy to keep them around, if we push we might fray their edges and weaken their hold here."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#9 » May 2nd, 2016, 12:14 pm

Katrina smiled "Excellent. I will make sure I pick it up and get to work on it." She paused for a moment. "Honestly the whole... situation has pissed me off." which meant someone was going to regret it. "Erica had a lot to answer for and he gave her this get out of jail free card."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#10 » May 2nd, 2016, 5:00 pm

"Well she certainly earned her payment on this job." The Shadow frowned. "A real deal with the devil that finally paid off for someone, if of course that reporter still exists after Cross is defeated. With all of this reality snapping back talk that is an interesting question."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#11 » May 3rd, 2016, 10:05 am

Katrina chuckled "I think that one would be interesting to watch."

"Almost as interesting as watching Nate try to offer drugs to my Doppelganger." she chuckled to herself and shook her head. Only Nate.

"Well I say we head off to this event and see if we can get any useful information from the fake Caroline."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#12 » May 3rd, 2016, 1:34 pm

"Sure, what is the event?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#13 » May 4th, 2016, 8:46 pm

"It's a fundraiser for Saint Mungo's. It is one of Broadway, off Broadway and off off Broadways favorite charity's." It was a charity for the homeless with a shelter just off Broadway itself.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#14 » May 5th, 2016, 1:46 am

Gabriella closed her laptop. "Good thing I brought my checkbook." The Shadow stood up and finished her tea.

"We good to go?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#15 » May 7th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Katrina left a decent tip, generous but not over the top. She made her way out of the café, walking towards the event which was only two blocks over. "So how is corporate life going? I would imagine working with your mother is awkward at best."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”