Lord of the Castle (Thomas, Garrett)

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Lord of the Castle (Thomas, Garrett)

Post#16 » February 7th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3: Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

"I shoot fake ass videos and paste them up online to distract the Kine who get too close to the Kindred. There were a ton of people in New orleans trying to get into Others havens. I would "explore." and find nothing, debunk idiots who can't keep the Masquerade for half a fucking second, and ghost write scripts that keep the sheep enthralled with us and complacent."

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#17 » February 7th, 2016, 7:59 pm

Thomas Richter¦ Ventrue¦ Invictus ¦ Title of Esteem: Mister ¦ Title of Function: Comissioner ¦ Title of Tribute: none¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Presence 4: Affable¦

Slight concern changed into acknowledgement."Ingenius. You satisfy your creative urges and at the same time provide a vital service to kindred society. Business and pleasure combined. Bravo", he nodded with a hint of admiration.

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#18 » February 7th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3: Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

"I do what I can." He shrugs. "I grew up in the age of Information, I know how hard it is to disprove evidence, especially when it's real. Sometimes I even had to send people in to clean out shit that would be caught on camera regardless of my say in the internet. Lost most of my crew and sway in the move though so I am going to have to rebuild. I have plans. "

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#19 » February 7th, 2016, 8:18 pm

Thomas Richter¦ Ventrue¦ Invictus ¦ Title of Esteem: Mister ¦ Title of Function: Comissioner ¦ Title of Tribute: none¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Presence 4: Affable¦

Thomas was thinking on the matter. He reached a decision."Well, should you find yourself in need of help, please do not hesitate to tell me. I might be able to help you out in some matters." He smiled. Obviously the offer was meant seriously.

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#20 » February 7th, 2016, 8:25 pm

"I'll take you up on that. If you need something from me ask. Now what brought you here? Miami is a good place to be from what I hear. Even if the Beach isn't something we would indulge in. "

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#21 » February 7th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Thomas gave a charming smile, said "You do that, as will I." and extended his hand to shake Garrets.
"As for why I left... My sire and I had a falling out of sorts. Showing him that his change of opinion was misplaced, I intended to prove my worth, but had to realize that most of my achievements were seen as my Sire's actions, and my failings as my own. I decided I needed a place where my own achievements spoke for themselves. New York faced hard times recently, and so I thought this is the place where my abilities are most useful."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#22 » February 7th, 2016, 8:43 pm

Garret pumps the other Kindreds hand then smiles. "Ah, looking to prove yourself. As good a reason as any I suppose, and yeah I heard there had been some rough times up here as well. You looking to become the Financial vizier of the court?"

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#23 » February 7th, 2016, 8:52 pm

"I intend to offer my knowledge of the financiel sector, yes. May I ask which Covenant you're a part of? If I would hazard I guess, I would say probably not an Acolyte, and probably not one of the Sanctified, either. So, a Dragon maybe?"

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#24 » February 7th, 2016, 8:57 pm

"You wound me. Am I not regal enough to be Invictus?"

The young man took a beat then grinned.

"Yeah no, you caught me. I am a dragon. A thirst for Knowledge really doesn't go away, even after you get embraced." He half shrugs. "Let's see, I guess for you.. Invictus, you're too formal to be a Carthian, and you used the proper terms for the other three which means you aren't part of any of them. "

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#25 » February 7th, 2016, 9:04 pm

Thomas returned the grin. "Actually, you simply do not strike me as the person who would care much about the Invictus' philosophy. And concidering the fact that I completely forgot about the Carthian Movement, the Dragons fit you best." he smiled, half-emberassed about forgetting one of the major power factions.
"Solid reasoning. You are right, indeed.", he said appreciativley.

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#26 » February 7th, 2016, 9:18 pm

"Carthians are easily forgotten unfortunately. Though I would never try to tell them what to do, their constant efforts to change with humans tend to leave them in a constant state of flux which I find leaves little impression on those that are less interested in short term movement. They can and do play the long game, some even do it well, but the Movement's actions tend towards quick flashes in the pan. "

He shrugs. "They have their good points though, as do the Invictus, or any covenant. "

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#27 » February 7th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Agreement expressed through a nod. "In the end, it all comes down to the right tools for the job, wouldn't you agree?"

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#28 » February 7th, 2016, 9:33 pm

The Dragon nods and shifts.

"Yup, that is true, though half the battle is really knowing what tools you need. Especially I find that the older Kindred get the less they want to pick up new tools. Let me tell you, I have seen a Vampire from the old world die from being unable to update his tactics." He remembered the elder lying in the coffee room of his sire and shuddered. "But that's any vampire older than 2 centuries I find. Right?"

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#29 » February 7th, 2016, 9:44 pm

"That is indeed true...to a degree. Tradition became tradition most often because it has been tried and proved true, whereas attempts at innovation very often fail. Those that prove true.... become tradition over time", he said with a smile."What many do not understand is what the core of a tradition is. Informing oneself about tactics and possibilities offered by technology is an adamant rule since ages past. It may be more obvious in these nights, because the world develops ever faster, but at it's core, the world stays fundamentally the same. A king is a king, no matter weather he wears a crown or a suit."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#30 » February 7th, 2016, 9:50 pm

"But, with all respect to tradition given, is not innovation the Larva to it's butterfly? Surely one must come up with new ideas to test for Tradition to win out. "

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”