Lord of the Castle (Thomas, Garrett)

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Lord of the Castle (Thomas, Garrett)

Post#1 » February 6th, 2016, 4:54 pm

They had been in contact with their various Covenants and told that when they arrived in New York they were to report to the Seneschal and Ventrue Priscus Charles Pelham (Earl Pelham to Thomas).

They were to meet this fine, upstanding Lord at his Manor on Staten Island.

The building was as close to a castle as New York offered. Spiked iron fencing separated the stone three story mansion from the green space around it.

There was a gate with a pair of security staff. When each individual presented themselves a call was made to the house to make sure that they were expected.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: Lord of the Castle (Thomas, Garrett)

Post#2 » February 7th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Thomas Richter¦ Ventrue¦ Invictus ¦ Title of Esteem: Mister ¦ Title of Function: Comissioner ¦ Title of Tribute: none¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Presence 4: Affable¦

Thomas admired the location as well as the show case of Power and Style it posed. What is more Traditional than a castle, and what else is as Symbolic for strength? He patiently waited to be told where to go and in the meantime inspected his follow Ventrue. He introduced himself with a welcoming smile and the words "Ah, good evening! I am Mister Richter. It is a pleasure to meet you..?", trailing off to let him finish the sentence.

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#3 » February 7th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3 Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

"Garret Ware. Pleasures mine Mister Richter " He holds out his hand for a shake, a winning but slightly dorky smile gracing his lips. "Call me Ret if the full names too fancy for me." What strikes you is his voice is stilted slightly, a little over dramatic, like an old timey actor mixed with a southern accent.

He is dressed "up" in what appears to be a nice graphic tee, some thick metal chains with a Cross on it, and a nicer looking pair of jeans. He also appears to be at oldest 21. A pair of tattoos peek out from his shirt, black and intricate from what you can see. Fancy indeed.

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#4 » February 7th, 2016, 3:10 pm

Thomas Richter¦ Ventrue¦ Invictus ¦ Title of Esteem: Mister ¦ Title of Function: Comissioner ¦ Title of Tribute: none¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 7/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Presence 4: Affable¦

Since they have not been called on, they engaged in some smalltalk. The difference in attire was great, since Thomas wore a suit embroidered with dark purple and golden handcuffs. He seriously doubted that Garrett was with the Invictus. But Thomas knew that being corteous and polite was always a good strategy. And getting to know fellow kindred always paid off. "Please excuse my asking, but are you a long term Citizen or are you New to the Domain?"

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#5 » February 7th, 2016, 3:19 pm

The pair were shown into the manor and then into a private waiting room with leather seats.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#6 » February 7th, 2016, 5:59 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3: Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

"I am new here, but I plan on making it my home. What about you?" He settles into the leather seats and leans back, legs spread.

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » February 7th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Taking a seat next to him, Thomas answered "Oh, very much the same, I believe." Of course, their opinion on what "making it my home" actually means probably differed by a large margin.
"So tell me, where are you from, and what made you come to NY?"

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#8 » February 7th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3: Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:
The easy going demeanor sharpens as the question is asked, but the relaxes.

"In this Dimension I come from Mississippi, little town in the backwoods. Family owns property on the edge of town. I was hiding their while I got used to the condition, then went down to New Orleans. Been wanting to move to start some projects free from the small town vampires. Figured New York was as good a place as ever. You? Richter is german isn't it? Bet your from Pennsylvania."

► Show Spoiler

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » February 7th, 2016, 6:34 pm

If he considered anything odd about the answer, it did not Register on his face. "Ah, a good ear for languages! Close, actually, as while I am from Miami, my family is indeed rooted in Germany." He flashed a winning smile while he accompanied his words with hand gestures.
"So, your family ownes property. You were in the agricultural Business then, I take it?"

► Show Spoiler

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#10 » February 7th, 2016, 6:50 pm

"Yeah, for generations in fact. The extended family is all over the delta. SInce reconstruction though we have been mostly politics and businesses of all types. Dad's a lawyer specializing in property. What about you? What did you do in your Corruptible mortal state?"

► Show Spoiler

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » February 7th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Interesting. "Oh, I was, and to a certain extend, still am, a banker." He considered what was said. "You said 'your family'. What did you yourself do in your Mortal days?"

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#12 » February 7th, 2016, 7:09 pm

"I was going to college to follow in Dad's footsteps, but I was considering switching careers to a more Artistically pleasing one. Didn't work out though. I was a Disk Jockey on the side for weddings if that counts." He shrugs half heartedly. "Embrace fucked that up as well. Can't do those twilight weddings anymore you know?"

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » February 7th, 2016, 7:18 pm

An understanding nod was offered."I can See how that might pose a problem." He was silently for a heartbeat.
"So have you found a new passion or artistically pleasing outlet?"

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#14 » February 7th, 2016, 7:38 pm

"I have." he smiles and then holds up his hand like he is holding a hand held camera. "I shoot videos. "

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » February 7th, 2016, 7:44 pm

A small alarm siren went off in Thomas' head."Ah, That sounds indeed like a fruitful endeavour. May I ask what kind of films you shoot?"

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”