Road Trip Debrief

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Road Trip Debrief

Post#181 » February 15th, 2016, 11:02 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

Katrina chuckled "Nates type is.... anything." she picked her hippo, might as well wipe the floor with these suckers while she waited for the others to attend.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#182 » February 15th, 2016, 11:37 pm

The bell rang three more times over the next five minutes.

Tammy Chen was a petite young Asian American dressed in trendy clothing. Marty Morris was overweight with hair that never really stayed in its proper place, his creep a feeling of sense of "otherness" from him that made one slightly stay away.

Then finally Nate.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#183 » February 15th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

Katrina smiled as Nate arrived. "Stanley, do you want to start?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#184 » February 16th, 2016, 12:55 am

"You uncovered the plot you get to explain it to everyone." Stanley smiled.

Then when the eyes were on Katrina he focused on the faces watching her.

Someone with Auspex to read Auras was a good observer.

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#185 » February 16th, 2016, 9:50 pm

"I am sure you have all heard about the Doppelgangers running around the city. DJ Nate, Fashionista Katrina." she smiled "Naturally it has been causing some concern. During a trip to Baltimore I investigated one of the Doppelgangers and came face to face with the... thing... responsible for them."

"The Dopplegangers are...were part of us. Well the human part that was taken away from us when we were embraced. The... thing... responsible for creating them hopes to use them to lure as many kindred as possible into taking... lets just use his... His offer, which he sent to everyone via email."

"I do not want to keep you here all night, I certainly don't want this to be a lecture and tell you not to take the offer. Or even to be here flogging a dead horse if its a no. That's not what this is about. If you are interested, be honest and we will talk through it. I just want to make sure that before you give your final answer you have all the information so you can make an informed decision. If by the end of it you want to take the offer you can say Sorry Katrina but I am going to take the deal and no one is going to stand in your way."

"If you want to check your email now, you should find the offer. If you don't have a compatible device you can borrow my phone to check it." It was the up front and honest approach, hopefully they would respect that more than her reeling off a speech about why they shouldn't accept it.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#186 » February 17th, 2016, 12:32 am

Nate had already checked his.

Barrett was the first do so here. "Seems like an asshole. Never missed that life."

Chen seemed quiet as she read the email, a slight frown forming on her face.

Marty was the only one to straight out delete the offer without looking.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#187 » February 17th, 2016, 9:49 pm

"Well we wanted to check in with everyone about it. You know I worry and I think I make Stanley nervous just by worrying." she smiled.

"You Okay Chen?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#188 » February 18th, 2016, 6:11 pm

"Yes. For the most part. Just wondering what this offer actually means, you know taking a step back and thinking about how this might be part of us and does that make us less of ourselves?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#189 » February 18th, 2016, 6:41 pm

"Good question." she smiled "I don't think it's a missing piece, something physical or even spiritual. The doppelganger is the representation of an idea, a concept brought to life by magic that is best left alone."

"Its appearance does not mean we are incomplete, you are not a jigsaw. Your life is as complete as you choose to make it."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#190 » February 18th, 2016, 7:26 pm

"Still you must admit that it brings up certain philosophical questions."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#191 » February 18th, 2016, 7:35 pm

"It does and the answer depends on if you are a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#192 » February 18th, 2016, 7:53 pm

"I am personally a 'I need more booze' type of person in that situation."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#193 » February 18th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Katrina chuckled "Ahh, A my whiskey glass is empty kind of person."

"Honestly I have not really thought about it that much. It's a deal with the devil designed to get into your head and give it genuine consideration."

She chuckled "Poor Gabriella got three offers."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#194 » February 18th, 2016, 8:37 pm

"Well buddy did his homework, Mikhail is around to keep Katrina on edge, Gabriella is on edge wondering what is going on. Interesting mind games."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#195 » February 18th, 2016, 8:49 pm

Katrina chuckled "I made my peace with him and we have a truce so some good came out of all this."

"I probably should not tell you this so please keep it to yourself. This isn't the first time our enemy has done this. There has been one occasion I was part of, another occasion in France that Lara suspected. Each time kindred have stood in his way and stopped him enacting his ritual." she had other suspicions but she honestly did not want to scare them. "However this time he has the doppelgangers to try and get us out of the way so we don't stop him. Thanks to an Idea Orson gave him. It just makes me more determined to put an end to him once and for all."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”