Road Trip Debrief

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Road Trip Debrief

Post#1 » January 25th, 2016, 3:05 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

Katrina hated meetings first thing, even more when they had set off as soon as they could. She didn't have enough time to get ready. Still, they didn't really have time for her to get home and changed out of traveling clothes. The situation was dire, she didn't have time to get changed before meeting with Lara.

Several texts were sent before they left. Firstly to her Carthian Contact and Invictus contact. Separate texts of course, advising she was heading out of the city and that Erica would not be a problem. The second was advising the Herald that they were leaving and thanking him and the Prince for their hospitality.

She had dropped Kai and Evan off at her haven. Evan no doubt had Lancea business to deal with, Kai had an appointment with a Realtor to look at an apartment.

So far Katrina seemed to be keeping it together after the latest revelation, which was good seeing as she was starting to think they were probably screwed. Still, part of this was becoming personal and thinking about it would make it more personal. At this time she was trying to keep subjectivity out of the mix. As the lift in Laras building started to move she looked at Eric. "I think it goes without saying I don't like this situation. Bastard sat on that offer until it was the right moment, no doubt he was waiting for me to turn up."
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Road Trip Debrief

Post#2 » January 25th, 2016, 3:46 am

"Got to give him credit for the timing. Might be a son of a bitch but he's not an idiot." Eric shook his head. "All of the Ordo reported in last night, so that is a blessing. None of them are considering the deal, even Lee is standing firm."

The door opened on the top floor and they were buzzed through the glass doors. The ghoul on guard duty clicked to open the wooden door to the offices. "She is waiting in the study."

The study was at the end of the hall. Shelves of books, paintings from the Dutch Golden Age, leather chairs and a chess set on a table.

The Prince was not alone when they arrived. The Sheriff was standing over a list of paper while the Prince paced.

"So what happened in Baltimore? Tell me about this Cross."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » January 25th, 2016, 11:45 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

Katrina walked into the study and smiled at Lara "Mr Cross, it's just the name he goes by these days. I knew him before, back when he actually called himself Дьявол Сын ." Katrina paused for a moment and took a seat. "Erica was no where to be found, it seemed most of the domain had forgotten she even existed. Those that remembered argued over her name and what she actually looked like. We managed to find out that she also had a Doppleganger and naturally our investigation took us that way."

"Whilst talking to Erica Mr Cross turned up and immediately my beast remembered him. Telling me that we really really needed to fear this man. It was quickly established he knew what we were, who we were and that Erica's doppelganger could not remember ever being Erica. She had assumed her new life, although with her recognizing Mr Cross I am sure her new life requires the occasional favor."

"We went somewhere more private to get answers. Turns out the doppelgangers are part of us, they were the human part that was stripped away from us. Orson gave him the idea and with a bit of working he managed to give them the lives that we were denied. Which would explain a lot. Naturally, with such a tempting offer I asked what the Catch was, exactly what he was getting out of the deal." she paused "I am smart enough to see his motive behind this. According to Cross though, he is doing this to help out an old friend." Katrina looked disgusted, like a bad smell had just washed over the room.

"As tempting as his offer is, a deal with the devil is still a deal with the devil and you never know when the music is going to stop."

"We then discussed his ritual. Orsons ritual is an amplifier, it is there to build power. Which allows rituals that need that extra boost to be attached to it and draw on that energy. The Brood think the ritual is going to open the gates of hell or bring around the apocalypse. Apparently all Mr Cross wishes it do is return home. He claims he doesn't want to cause any more... devastation than there needs to be."

"Naturally I posed a hypothetical situation. If we were to let this ritual go ahead and let him go back to where he belonged, what would the after effects or backlash be from this ritual. He dodged the question on four occasions." Everyone in the room was more than capable of reading in between the lines.

"I also tried to see if I could get the ritual locations from him. Although he did state it wasn't in his best interests to hand those over to us at this time. I suspect only he knows all the locations."

She paused for a moment "I remember cross, I have had dealings with him before. He is old and powerful and to be quite honest.... scares the the shit out of me. I have seen him take down a room full of elder kindred and not even break a sweat."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » January 25th, 2016, 8:06 pm

The Prince nodded silently and looked at the Sheriff.

"I've heard rumours. Russia from about 1915 to the late 20s was a mess, apparently few Supernaturals or aware mundanes survived that period. Similar to the Thirty Year's War in the Holy Roman Empire or ..."

"... The Reign of Terror." The Prince's voice was low as she interrupted. The Sheriff nodded in confirmation.

"Katrina's information fits with everything I've gather so far, what the Ordo were able to get from Thaddeus and what Gabriella and Caroline learned from the Foresworn Occultist they pulled out of the Bronx. Even with what Mikhail has said. I think we are dealing with something unique or at least so powerful as to be unique and while I have no clue whether the Doppelgangers are really fashioned from pieces of our own souls, I've talked to fourteen Kindred over the last 24 hours and all said that the e-mail they received from this Cross contained a piece of information that only they would know as proof it is legitimate."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » January 25th, 2016, 8:54 pm

"I don't think he lied about any of the information he gave us. In fact any questions he did not want to answer were simply ignored. I personally would take the information about the doppelgangers as true." She paused for a moment

"It is a legitimate offer and I will hold my hand up and say I was very tempted to take it. However there were two questions he did not answer which made it a no from me.." she paused "Along with whatever catch there is, taking the offer is helping him greatly. It is getting us out of his way."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » January 25th, 2016, 9:38 pm

"Someone will end up accepting the offer. It is too good not to accept and a great number of Kindred would trade almost anything for a second chance."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#7 » January 25th, 2016, 10:05 pm

"Some people will, and its unlikely we will remember who they are and what they look like. We would only figure it out by piecing fragmented memories together. " she paused for a moment "Whatever happens Stanley and I will keep the Carthians together and try to do damage control."It was clear she was expecting some of their members to take the offer and was planning damage control. For the Carthians this was like trying to put out a forest fire by pissing on it.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » January 25th, 2016, 10:45 pm

"Ordo all checked in. Sebastian was worried about Lee but apparently she had a long talk with Robert and Sinclair about it and decided against the offer." Eric glanced around the room.

"Caroline believes that one or two of the Lancea will accept since to some members of the dark faith it will appear to be a get out of damnation free card. The Invictus is steady, our newest members chose the Embrace of their free will and our more established members are committed to winning this fight."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#9 » January 25th, 2016, 11:25 pm

"Lets just hope those who are considering it will listen to reason."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#10 » January 26th, 2016, 12:03 am

"Emotional appeals are dangerous. You understood how dangerous and evil Cross can be and yet yourself were tempted."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#11 » January 26th, 2016, 12:18 am

"I was smart enough to be objective about the whole thing. I just hope others will do the same. As a city we have been through worse. We got through those situations and we will get through this one. " at this point they had too much to loose.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#12 » January 26th, 2016, 12:32 am

"Well it certainly illustrates the amount of forethought Cross put into his plan. The power needed for something such as this must be massive drain on resources."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#13 » January 26th, 2016, 12:57 am

"The reason we have got the offer is because he wants us out the way. We are that wild card that can stop him and I am willing to bet myself and Mikhail are not the only ones to have met him before." She paused for a moment "He has tried this before and was stopped from doing it. This time we need to make sure he can never try it again."

"He has to have some sort of enemy besides us. Something is stopping them from opposing him or we are just not seeing it."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#14 » January 26th, 2016, 1:24 am

"Shit." The Sheriff swore silently to himself. "I've got something, at least something that could have a connection."

"What is it?"

"There has been a major increase in certain types of supernatural activity, nothing we or any of the usual groups deal with, but something which would keep certain people extremely busy. Could be a diversion, keep your enemies dealing with the fires you set while you work behind the smoke screen in the shadows."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#15 » January 26th, 2016, 1:48 am

"Okay, I think we need some specifics on this one. I am sure we can think of a way to level the playing field."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”