The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration

Post#91 » February 6th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

"What about you? What would you be doing now usually?", he asked Robert.

► Show Spoiler

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#92 » February 6th, 2016, 5:59 pm

"Well if not beating Lee at chess I would probably be on some crazy mission across the river seeking more intel about the Foresworn."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#93 » February 6th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

"Chess? When you are free and not busy playing Lee, let us play a game, yes?" Chess used to be so much fun, but he had not played in years. "Ah yes, I was told the Brood is rather active around here. Are there many conflicts?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#94 » February 6th, 2016, 6:19 pm

"Stay out of the Bronx. Also give the house here a call every night to check in so we know that you haven't been captured. It's war that is heating up."

Lee nodded. "Sure, we can play chess sometime."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#95 » February 6th, 2016, 10:14 pm

"It is that serious? Or course I will adhere to the necessary regulations. I was not aware the situation was that dire. If you need a helping hand, please do tell me."

He smiled at Lee and nodded when saying "I would like that very much."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#96 » February 7th, 2016, 6:27 am

"They control most of the Bronx. Took it in a surprise assault during the East Coast Blackout of August '03 and the Domain was hurt too bad to retake it. They wanted the whole City but the Domain held and the sides entered a kind of Phoney War which lasted until late 2011. The Foresworn, that is their official name for themselves, got frisky and began subtle operations aimed at destabilizing the Domain. Those were foiled but we decided that it was time to dig them out."

Robert waited for Lee to make her next move before continuing as he pondered the chessboard. "Each side is nearing their respective end games and the war is getting hotter, hence the warning. Generally Manhattan and Brooklyn are safe, Staten Island is safe but has a Regent who dislikes a lot of company, Queens close to Manhattan is relatively safe and the rest is the hinterlands. Barrens would be out in Nassau county."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#97 » February 7th, 2016, 6:25 pm

That sounded serious indeed. And most likely proved a hindrance in everyday's work. Something behind his eyes started working. Problems, variables, possibly contributions to the War effort.
"What weapons are utilized by us? What does the enemy use? Is the conflict lead openly? What would the largest acts of violance be that could be hidden from kine eyes?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#98 » February 8th, 2016, 3:12 am

Robert held a hand out. "It's under control. What skill set do you possess that can assist with direct combat, indirect combat or keeping the Masquerade?"

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#99 » February 8th, 2016, 8:50 am

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Status (Ordo Dracul): 1 (Supplicant) ¦ Status (City): 1 ¦ Status (Gangrel): 1 ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

"Forgive my eagerness. I would just like to be of help in times like these. I have no noteworthy combat skills. However, I can easily produce weapons-grade material that may prove rather effective. Napalm, for example, is not as hard to create as one might imagine. Which is why I was curious about how openly fought the warfare is: Sticky flames are not exactly covert. I could also provide acids that eat through glass, or with some patience, walls. While not as useful for an all-out attack as handgrenades, that may prove useful for infiltration, as it would be silent. Alternatively, superglue to prepare an ambush site. Can be used to stop cars and leave the enemy as sitting Ducks in the open." He carefully only listed things that could not be easily bought.
He also had an idea regarding application of his research in a different way, but kept that to himself for now. A spontaneous, unchecked possibility is not exactly the kind of thing he likes to present to others. Jeremy decided to invest some of his future research exploring the following question: "Can I create a Catalyst that will, for a long time, reduce a Kindred's ability to contain Vitae in his Body?"
The effect after subsequent injection would be the opposite of the first Coils of Blood. He would need to do some reading. Hopefully, the experimental Phase could Start soon.
"And I am rather acceptable at sneaking, so if that might be of use, please let me know." he added.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#100 » February 8th, 2016, 2:41 pm

"Alright." Robert nodded and made his move on the chessboard.

"So is there anything else you want to see or need to know?" The question came from Lee.

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#101 » February 8th, 2016, 3:24 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Status (Ordo Dracul): 1 (Supplicant) ¦ Status (City): 1 ¦ Status (Gangrel): 1 ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

"Oh, no, I do not think so. Except that I wanted to Thank you, again, for welcoming me." He extended his arms in an appreciative gesture.
"Well, there is one more thing, but I do not think you need to bother Interrupting your game for that. If it is alright with you, I will withdraw into the library now. The books and me need to get to know each other" he added with a cheeky smile.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#102 » February 8th, 2016, 6:52 pm

"Alright."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#103 » February 8th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Jeremy politely excused himself from their company and entered the Occult Library upstairs, where he spent the next few hours before he had to return to his haven reading, getting known to the cataloguing system and taking special note of a few books here and there.

► Show Spoiler

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#104 » February 13th, 2016, 10:04 pm

Jeremy is left to read in the Library.

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#105 » February 13th, 2016, 11:15 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3 Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

Garret sighed and looked over his glasses at the sign. Interesting.

He raises his hand, swipes it through his hair and knocks on the phone.

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”