The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration

Post#106 » February 13th, 2016, 11:44 pm

A tall white man in dress clothes and a red vest opened the door.

► Show Spoiler
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#107 » February 13th, 2016, 11:46 pm

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3 Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

"I am expected, my curiosity is my invitation."

Garret shifts, his chains on his jeans clanking slightly.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#108 » February 14th, 2016, 3:57 am

The man in the red vest nodded and opened the door further to allow entry into a entrance hallway that led to a set of double doors which featured carvings of a man learning to walk upright.

The doors opened into a large room. Once it had been a living room, a dining room and a kitchen but the kitchen had been fully removed, as had all of the walls. Now it was a wide open space with no windows and along every inch of the walls were shelves and shelves of books.

There were four different sitting areas in the room, three of them were standard oak tables and chairs, one of them with an ornate hand crafted chess set, while the fourth area was a set of black leather chairs around a shorter wooden table.

There were four people in the room when he arrived, two men and two women.

An attractive dark haired young woman wearing blue jeans and a blue "NY Mets" t-shirt and an handsome man in were playing chess, the game was close to wrapping up with the man nearing victory.

An alluring light skinned black woman was seated at another table, a collection of Tarot cards spread out in front of her.

A tall well built man was seated in one of the leather chairs reading the New York Times.

Reading the Paper:
► Show Spoiler

The Chess Players:
► Show Spoiler

Tarot Cards:
► Show Spoiler

It was the light skinned with the tarot cards who spoke first.

"Ah I see that our second arrival of the evening has found their way here safe and relatively sound."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#109 » February 14th, 2016, 4:10 am

Garret Jackson Ware¦ Ventrue ¦ Ordo ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Presence: 3 Slightly off ¦ Striking looks 2 "Thousand Yard stare" | Ordo Status: 1 ¦ City Status: 0 ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Willpower: 6 ¦ Health: 7 ¦ Blood: 10/10 ¦ Active Powers:

Garret glances around the room before raising his sunglasses.

"Hello. I am glad I was expected."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#110 » February 14th, 2016, 3:18 pm

The Kindred behind the paper folded it to get a look at the new arrival.

"With there being a war on not calling ahead is the mark of the unenlightened. You called ahead and thus made a good first impression."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#111 » February 15th, 2016, 10:52 pm

"I aim to please." He fidgets slightly. "I came to introduce myself. "

"My name is Garret Ware. I hail from the Ordo Dracul of New Orleans. I make my money off Information of all kinds. I control it's flow via a channel dedicated to proving or Debunking myths as need be for the Kindred community. "

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#112 » February 15th, 2016, 11:01 pm

The attractive girl at the chess game looked up.

"The ghost videos on youtube?"

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#113 » February 15th, 2016, 11:16 pm

"Yes. I keep a pulse on places that are not mainstream enough to warrant much attention from those in charge, and head Masquerade breeches off at the head, or send the kind chasing fairytales. "

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#114 » February 16th, 2016, 12:18 am

"By the way we should probably all be nice and introduce ourselves." The young woman looked around the room.

"Robert Carraway, Initiate of Equilibrium." Came the reply from the man playing chess.

"Eric Richards, Regent of Central Brooklyn and the Bowery, Scholar of Bloodly Terror." That was the man who had been reading the paper.

"Lee Avery, Scribe of Equilibrium."

Then finally the woman with the tarot cards in a more "ladylike" manner. "Victoria Sinclair, Master of the Elysian Pain and Sworn of the Dying Light."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#115 » February 16th, 2016, 12:38 am

"Supplicant of Hunger." Garret supplies.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#116 » February 16th, 2016, 1:00 am

"Well Supplicant welcome to New York."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#117 » February 17th, 2016, 9:39 pm

"Thank you, I would like to offer my assistance to anyone who needs it. "

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#118 » February 18th, 2016, 6:09 pm

"A fine gesture but one which you might wish to make after you know more about our personal hobbies and projects, just in case one is rather unpleasant." Sinclair grinned.

Lee shrugged at the Mekhet's comment and decided to be friendly. "Got any questions? Now is a good time to ask."

Iblardora
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post#119 » February 18th, 2016, 6:23 pm

"Very well, what is the Ordo up to in this city?"

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#120 » February 18th, 2016, 7:19 pm

"Same thing as usual. Individual study and projects for the most part." That was the man with the paper, Eric.

"We function as an Academy and also as a location for advanced study. Most of our students possess at least one Coil when they arrival and those who join from within the city are often of a higher caliber than raw recruits embraced into the Covenant, thus they take to the teachings rather quickly."

"Traditionally the Ordo Dracul was a neutral party in the politics of the Domain and I suppose we still are, however instead of standing aside we are more active in defending the Domain and maintaining it as a functioning civic organization."

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”