The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration

Post#1 » January 22nd, 2016, 5:11 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

Jeremy knocked at the Front door, waiting for a response.

► Show Spoiler

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: The Morningside Park Society for Esoteric Exploration

Post#2 » January 22nd, 2016, 5:35 pm

The building was a three story brownstone house that except for the sign out front betrayed no sign of being different from the rest of the upscale brownstones on the street.

A few seconds after the knock the door was opened by a tall white man in dress clothes and a red vest.

► Show Spoiler
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » January 22nd, 2016, 6:00 pm

Jeremy Theim¦ Gangrel ¦ Ordo Dracul ¦Ordo Status: 1 (Supplicant) ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Vitae: 6/10 ¦ Willpower: 7/7¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ BP:1 ¦ Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator¦

Jeremy did something like a small, elaborate bow.
"Jeremy Theim, Supplicant of the dedicated Hunger. I am expected, my invitation is my will."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » January 22nd, 2016, 7:39 pm

The use of the official title at the door received the merest hint of a frown but the door was opened wider. The man in the red vest led Jeremy through the entryway of the house, taking his coat if necessary, and into towards a set of wooden double doors engraved with signs of man learning to walk upright.

The doors opened into a large room. Once it had been a living room, a dining room and a kitchen but the kitchen had been fully removed, as had all of the walls. Now it was a wide open space with no windows and along every inch of the walls were shelves and shelves of books.

There were four different sitting areas in the room, three of them were standard oak tables and chairs, one of them with an ornate hand crafted chess set, while the fourth area was a set of black leather chairs around a shorter wooden table.

There were four people in the room when he arrived, two men and two women.

An attractive dark haired young woman wearing blue jeans and a blue "NY Mets" t-shirt and an handsome man in were playing chess, the man seemed to have the advantage at the moment.

An alluring light skinned black woman was seated at another table, a collection of Tarot cards spread out in front of her.

The last was a tall, muscular man who rose to greet the new arrival and held out his hand.

"So I see you survived a night with Harpy Scherbatsky without a shopping spree." He grinned. "Eric Richards, Regent of Central Brooklyn and the Bowery, Scholar of Bloodly Terror."

The Greeter:
► Show Spoiler

The Chess Players:
► Show Spoiler

Tarot Cards:
► Show Spoiler

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#5 » January 22nd, 2016, 8:56 pm

Jeremy smiled back.
"She never once mentioned shopping. Is that uncommon? Jeremy Theim, Supplicant of the dedicated Hunger. It is a pleasure meeting you" he said, switching from jovially joking to formal introduction.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » January 22nd, 2016, 9:07 pm

"You got off lucky." Eric grinned. "Come in and meet the Covenant, well those of us who are here anyways."

By now everyone in the room was looking at the newest arrival as Eric led Jeremy around the room, first to the chess players.

"Robert Carraway, Initiate of Equilibrium." The man offered his hand and once Jeremy has shaken it the young woman offered her own in a modern fashion.

"Lee Avery, Scribe of Equilibrium."

Then finally the woman with the tarot cards in a more "ladylike" manner. "Victoria Sinclair, Master of the Elysian Pain and Sworn of the Dying Light."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » January 23rd, 2016, 8:15 am

Jeremy grinned broadly. Shopping with the priscus as an introduction seemed just so absurd, but he could absolutely See Miss Scherbatsky do exactly that.
When introduced to the others, he nodded politely and Shook hands where necessary, repeating his own Name and title.
When Victoria introduced herself, attentive onlookers might have Seen a Flash of awe. He looked like a man who meets his idol.
"Thank you all for the Kind welcome. It is an honour to be here." he said.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » January 23rd, 2016, 6:47 pm

"So settled in alright so far?" All of the other Kindred were still watching the new arrival.

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » January 23rd, 2016, 7:10 pm

Jeremy grew a little uncomfortable with being watched. He wanted to leave a good first impression, if at all possible.
"I would say so. There were suprisingly little difficulties. Most of my equipment arrived unharmed, my new rooms provide plenty of space and are located closely enough. Also, Prince Lancaster acknowledged me within the domain."
He smiled at them. "I look very much forward to making myself useful, as well as learning with, and from, you."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#10 » January 23rd, 2016, 8:45 pm

"No uncomfortable or awkward issues leaving the Prince's office?" That was from the male chess player. "It tends to happen."

The female chess player gave him a playful smack on the head as he chuckled. "Don't mind him, Robert just comes from a culture that teases the new guy."

Eric laughed and Victoria chuckled. "Walking into a new city can be difficult, I am just trying to lighten the mood."

Lee shook her head but still smiled. "I think what everyone is trying to say is welcome."

"Or we hope the Prince did not give you a woody." Eric's held his hands up at that one. "Couldn't resist."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » January 23rd, 2016, 9:15 pm

Jeremy shook with laughter. His tension visibly eased off. It was like coming home.
"Don't worry, I can take a joke" he said, grinning brightly. Turning to Lee, he said "Thank you."
To Robert, he said "I was only in for a quarter of an hour. Not even I manage to get someone worked up enough to issue a bloodhunt in such a short amount of time" while winking.
Growing a little more serious, he said "You are right that walking into new cities is hard, though. Then again, up till now I never stayed long enough in a city to get properly settled down" with a sigh.

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#12 » January 23rd, 2016, 10:39 pm

Eric chuckled. "I meant the other kind of woody."

"Eric stop over explaining the joke." Robert chuckled and shook his head. "So have any questions?"

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » January 24th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Jeremy chuckled, too. He liked the relaxed atmosphere. "Next time I won't be as careful making a joke", he promised himself.
"Well, of course I have a few, but none of them are urgent. I'd like to know more about you. Where are you from, originally? What did you do? How did you end up where you are now? What are things you like, what do you dislike? Why did you chose the coils you chose? And of course I would like to know if there is a library I can access, or if there is a lab I can use. How much is the Academia entangled with the University? Which rules are important? I know that feeding on the campus is forbidden, for one. What is the main focus in research, which methods are common around here? For that matter, which methods do you prefer?"

He looked apologetically. "I'm afraid I tend to talk a lot."

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#14 » January 24th, 2016, 6:33 pm

"This is the public library, all of the books are Masquerade friendly, even the ones that deal with the Occult." Robert gestured around the room. "Guests from outside the Covenant are allowed in here with the permission of the Grand Wyrm, though guests are a rare sight, and it also functions as a sort of common room." Now he pointed up. "Second floor is the Occult Library. The whole second floor. Third floor is three bedrooms, all secure, for any Covenant members spending the day or looking for privacy. Also a pair of bathrooms." Now pointing down. "Basement has two rooms, one is a training area for personal fitness or combat abilities and the other is a room for quiet reflection. It's sealed and soundproof."

Lee looked over at Jeremy and picked up the next bit of answers. "There are Willworkers at Columbia, diplomacy is handled by the Grand Wyrm. That contact is considered a secret, we don't talk about it outside of the Covenant. Basics of the deal with regards to Columbia is simple, we do not feed on the university grounds and we refrain from gathering too much direct influence over staff and students. In return we have free use of facilities, labs and libraries, access to research done by students and staff, and any member of the Covenant can take a night or distance education course without worrying about leaving a trail with registration."

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » January 24th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Jeremy listened intently, cataloging the information, nodding occasionally to himself.
"Remarkable", he finally said. "Contacts with Willworkers. Huge libraries and access to university labratory. Seperate rooms for meditation and combat training sound especially useful."
Then he looked up as if suddenly remembering something. "That reminds me: What are my duties? And on another matter entirely, are any Dragons teaching Auspex?"

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”