Gangrel Road Trip

There are 8 million stories in the naked city and here is where yours will be told.

Moderator: Vampire Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Gangrel Road Trip

Post#301 » January 17th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

"Okay. So a serious bargaining chip. I am impressed." Katrina took a seat "Hazarding a guess I would say that Erica took this offer?"
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#302 » January 17th, 2016, 8:55 pm

"Yes. She is now a 28 year old journalist from Moscow who got in trouble back home for digging up too many things the Putin regime wished to stay buried. Now she's written a book and being toasted by reporters and activists all over North America. No memories of her former life, Mikhail's reprehensible actions forgotten. New body, new life, a new person who lives in time where being an intellectual and female is a not a curse. She can marry, have children, watch them grow up and grow old watching sunsets next to a husband with a heartbeat."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#303 » January 17th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

"Interesting." she raised an eyebrow, her head moving to the right to peer around Eric at Mr Cross. "I would be very tempted if it wasn't for one minor detail." she grinned "In a couple of months the new perfect life is going to turn to shit. Roughly when the brood manage to get their ritual off the ground."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#304 » January 17th, 2016, 9:41 pm

"My ritual actually." Cross sipped at the wine. "And I assure you that I do not seek Hell on Earth, instead I merely need an upgrade in power to leave this realm and become something greater. I do not seek to destroy existence, I am certainly not going to bring a long buried Demon back from the Hell, and the Foresworn were merely a means to an end. They worshiped me when they learned what I was and frankly I find their beliefs to be inconsistent with my own. They surrender to the worst parts of themselves, they submit to the will of their Beast instead of mastering it or fighting against it."

A larger drink of wine. "In truth they work towards my ends because of how much they despise you and your kind. The scholars and true believers are long gone, they lent me their credibility in return for knowledge and once the misfits rallied under my banner that deal was concluded to the improvement of both parties. Those Kindred who only sought personal power or justification for their sins were a burden on the truly faithful of the Foresworn." Another sip.

"I merely wish for the power to go home and establish myself in rightful place beyond this mortal coil. I am not going to do anymore damage to it than needs be."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#305 » January 17th, 2016, 9:59 pm

"Beep beep beep beep beep" Katrina paused "Oh I apologize, that's just my bullshit detector going off." It was probably the most Sarcastic anyone in the room had ever heard her. Gangrel and Politics, you could be blunt and straight up sarcastic and that was just 'the norm'

"There is a catch to your plan... there always is. " she sat back in the chair. "I quite possibly believed that over a hundred years ago. However this ritual is not your first attempt, the last one I managed to stop. "

"If it was a simple matter of letting you go back home and there being no consequences I would have let it happen. The Romanov's I would have easily given up for the right price which you have the means to do."

"No, there is a higher cost involved."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#306 » January 17th, 2016, 10:21 pm

"You didn't stop it last time. Come fool of a Communist did." Cross finished his glass. "I never told you my goal back then, you were pawn and I was more arrogant. However I learned several lessons since then and one was how to draw upon the bits of soul left behind by the embrace. Orson gave me that idea in Paris 1926."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#307 » January 17th, 2016, 10:43 pm

"Nice dodge tactics. If I may say so... if this plan doesn't happen you should consider a career in politics. You managed to totally avoid what the actual catch, consequences of this ritual are. Sacrifice of a noble born is a little too cheap to give you enough power to go back where you belong."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#308 » January 18th, 2016, 4:42 am

Kai Armand ¦ Gangrel ¦ Unaligned ¦ Defense: 2/Armor: 1/2B ¦ Vitae: 9/12 ¦ Willpower: full ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ BP: AOTP ¦ Blush of Life

Kai shook his head "I'm just getting warmed up to eternity. I'm sure it'll get old eventually, but today isn't that day. You want to slip the mortal coil?"

The young gangrel walked across to the minibar, took out a soda, and then found a good comfortable seat, "Leave the curtains open for the morning. That will do the trick."

He didn't open the drink he'd retrieved, but smiled, "Way I see it, you want more than just us out of the way. You could do the killing job yourself if you really wanted. You aren't here to prance and gloat, or make offers with someone you consider a pawn. If you want something substantial that only we," or more likely, Kat, " can give you. Let's hear it. And with a decent offer while your at it. Not this go back to being human bullshit."
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#309 » January 18th, 2016, 5:21 am

"It is a good offer and one ..." Cross took out his cell phone and pressed a pair of buttons "... which is now in the inboxes of most Kindred who reside in New York. In truth Mister Kai your willingness or lack of it to accept my deal makes no matter, I am not looking for extra information, assets on the inside or really anything. I have a proposition, an offer which comes with no personal strings, and I am merely presenting that offer to an old friend."

Cross smiled at Kai. "However you are misinformed about one particular fact, I am not Kindred. My mortal coil is mere flesh and blood but the Beast inside of me dwarfs anything ever found inside of any Kindred." He turned to Katrina. "Five of Fallen Royal Blood, the blood of Kings which was duly blessed by God to rule man by divine mandate." He smirked. "I didn't believe it either until I caught a couple of the cousins running from the Reds. It was a nice test of my theory and in truth it doubled my power and allowed me a fleeting glimpse of my end goal."

"So take the deal, get something you want out of this whole mess and walk away. I will even throw in a NASCAR for Mister Kai."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#310 » January 18th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Katrina chuckled "Wow, you could be president. Still it doesn't answer my question."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#311 » January 19th, 2016, 7:54 am

"Orson's ritual was made to amplify power, not specifically for one specific person. It merely raises the level of power used in whatever ritual it supports, if the alpha ritual is harmless then it is harmless but one a greater level." He shrugged. "My own use of it will end the lives of five individuals, more if others seek to stop me, but beyond that I have no desire for bloodshed. My morality might be alien even to Kindred but status quo of general existence on his plane is not something I wish to mettle with."

"Tell that to all of those caught in your last attempt. Might be hard, almost all of them are dust." Eric was tense and clearly not a fan of Cross.

"The Romanovs were due to fall of their own excess and arrogance. I arrived in 1911, after the Tsar had failed to enact much needed reforms in the wake of 1905. He was an autocrat whose bigotry allowed Pogroms to take place and whose pride contributed to a blood letting that would shake the foundations of civilization. He was ripe for a fall and I merely watched it happen, when chaos threatened the supernaturals did as they always do: they settled scores."

"With a whisper when needed."

Cross shrugged again. "Only to certain individuals such as Miss Scherbatsky and only once they had made their decision to enter the fray. I guided fury for my own ends but I did not start the fire." He smirked. "I exist because of the darkness within the human soul rather than the other way round. Miss Scherbatsky chose to strike out against her sire, I merely allowed her actions against he and his allies to be more successful and offered the means to truly hurt the bastard."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#312 » January 19th, 2016, 5:45 pm

"Okay, lets say the easiest option is to help speed you on your way and then once you have gone I can mop up the rabble." she of course was referring to the brood. "What locations do I situate my troops near, ready to move in once you are back where you belong." At this point it was a legitimate option.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#313 » January 19th, 2016, 6:41 pm

"Providing that information at the current point is not in my own best interests, however I am sure that you will be able to ambush them at the ritual locations you know about."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#314 » January 19th, 2016, 6:57 pm

"The Deal is a no from me by the way, I can help and protect more people from the monsters of this world as I am."

"As for not getting in the way... I can't really give you an answer on that either. Not really my call to make."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#315 » January 19th, 2016, 7:08 pm

Cross nodded and sipped on another glass of wine.

"Others will take the deal of course as for not getting involved, well I have come to respect many in your five organizations as worthy opponents and I look forward to the challenge. After all great men are always made by trying times and measured by the skill and worth of their foes." Another sip. "I do hope that you do not perish in your endeavors against my plans, it would such a waste of your potential. Those who hold themselves to high standards are always so much more special when they finally give in or fall from such lofty heights. The devil you could be would be an interesting sight to behold."

Return to “The City That Never Sleeps”