Whose Lay Line is it Anyway?

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Whose Lay Line is it Anyway?

Post#16 » October 11th, 2016, 4:44 pm

Noctum ¦ Obrimos ¦ Eyes of Ain Soph ¦ Mysterium ¦ Linguistics Expert ¦ Striking Looks 2: Raw Latin Sex Appeal ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Armor: 3 (Unseen Shield) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Mana: 6/6 (12) ¦ Attainments Active: Prime Sight, Analyze Enchanted Item ¦ Active Spells: Magic shield4, Unseen Shield8 ¦ Character Page
"We are not too sure if the areas we found were the end of the line or perhaps the start. We won't really know that until we have remapped the lines. I am not going to bog everyone down with my theories and I am sure we have all had the same thoughts. "
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#17 » October 11th, 2016, 10:32 pm

"Any taint or specific resonance on the tailored lines?" That question came from Blueline.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#18 » October 12th, 2016, 11:39 pm

Noctum ¦ Obrimos ¦ Eyes of Ain Soph ¦ Mysterium ¦ Linguistics Expert ¦ Striking Looks 2: Raw Latin Sex Appeal ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Armor: 3 (Unseen Shield) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Mana: 6/6 (12) ¦ Attainments Active: Prime Sight, Analyze Enchanted Item ¦ Active Spells: Magic shield4, Unseen Shield8 ¦ Character Page
"It kind of snaps in the air accompanied with sparks in your vision. The line leading up to the node feels fresh and vibrant or even new. The first line was that it was heavily touched with life. I could tell it was Master of Prime level work, second attainment level of power at least. What we can't tell is if the effect is designed to lead into area to give it a slight power boost or to prevent bleeding so the energy reaches the suburbs better."

"On another note....At the first node it was noticed that more nature spirits gathered the closer we got. A strange amount for that close to the city. As for the ghosts, the real world lacked a solid reflection and the amount dropped off. Although we did not verify these same results closer to the sites in Flushing Meadows and Coney Island."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#19 » October 13th, 2016, 6:17 pm

"Was there anything else odd or strange about the first node, the one on Staten Island that is heavily touched with Life and attuned to nature?" The Mastigos sipped at her water after posing the question. "It seems to be the node with the most - personality - and thus closest thing to an outlier."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#20 » October 15th, 2016, 11:23 am

"There was a memorial bench at the site. It was perfect, like matter perfect. I have not yet had time to actually look into the bench, who it was for any potential links. Other than the matter effect their was nothing special about it, more than likely it holds some sort of sentimental value."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#21 » October 15th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Fìrinn pressed her lips together and nodded, casting a glance at Doc Vincent who returned a nod. The exchange was done rather subtly and with eyes on Noctum went mostly unnoticed.

Blueline sighed, as the Arrow are wont to do, and leaned back in his chair. "So we remap."

Doc Vincent nodded.

Regina nodded as well. "We remap." She sipped at her coffee. [b]"I can handle Brooklyn, the rest of it, with a couple of my Cabal mates as my support. I'll also call in Prometheus and Light-Bringer."[/b]

Mockingbird frowned. "We're a bit lacking in Prime at the moment but Nergal and I can offer support and protection in more troublesome locations."

"Aurora's detailed directly to the project, she'll have the full support of the Arrow."

The younger Arrow leaned forward. "I pass on a list but off the top I'd like Mitchell for a protection and a bit of Prime and Dutch as a wheel-woman and fixer. Probably one or two more Talons for protection and support."

Blueline nodded. "Not a problem."

Doc Vincent looked over at Fìrinn.

"You can have Mutt and Jeff." She smirked as she used the nicknames for a pair of Mystagugoes in her "House". "He is an Obrimos and she is an apprentice of Prime and blessed with the patience of a saint. I could also call in a favour and bring in an expert if absolutely required."

Doc Vincent nodded. "Sirius and Grimm for now but we might need that favor."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#22 » October 16th, 2016, 11:06 pm

"Excellent, sounds like a plan." Noctum Smiled.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#23 » October 18th, 2016, 7:03 pm

"Anyone against beginning tomorrow?"

Nobody seemed to voice an issue.

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#24 » October 20th, 2016, 8:44 pm

Noctum shook her head, no objections. Tomorrow was a good a day as any.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#25 » October 21st, 2016, 4:51 am

"Okay then, Regina and her Cabal can handle Brooklyn, Sirius and Grimm with Mockingbird and an Arrow as support can handle Staten Island. Those two groups will merge on day two and handle Queens and the first few miles into Nassau County. Billy, Light-Bringer and I will handle Manhattan and on day two we will take the Bronx north of the Island over to the Bronx River Parkway. South end of Lehman College will be the north - south dividing line. We'll also do Yonkers. Noctum, Aurora, Prometheus, Mitchell, Dutch and Nergal have the fun job - the Bronx. Everything south of the dividing line and northeast of it, up to Iona College in New Rochelle. Take your time in there, Blueline can have a few Arrow on standby if you run into trouble." Doc Vincent paused and looked around the room. "Fìrinn I need you for two days in here running operations and updating the map as reports come in, watch for oddities and if anything catches your attention have the team check it out again."

"This is a full mapping, I want reports on resonance, hallows and nodes if possible. However if you bump into anything don't pick a fight, this is Star Trek not Star Wars - we're on a mission of discovery and exploration. Questions?"

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#26 » November 23rd, 2016, 5:16 pm

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 9 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

Aurora shook her head "no" to signify that she did not have a question for Doc Vincent. Three Arrow, a Guardian with a fearsome reputation, and a shotgun toting Tamer of Fire accompanying Noctum said more than enough. The Bronx had more Red and Yellow Areas than any other Borough and was, according to reports, ground zero for the Seer vs Banisher conflict going on just outside of the Consilium's focus. Thus the team for the Bronx needed to be able to do the job and potentially fight if needed. Arrow logic from the Mysterium.

She liked that.

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#27 » November 28th, 2016, 12:28 am

Noctum looked towards her group. "You guys up for an early start tomorrow? 6? 7? am?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#28 » November 28th, 2016, 7:11 am

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 9 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

"Probably eight am. Mitchell and Dutch are on watch until midnight, another hour or two of sleep before grabbing gear would probably be welcome. Mitchell can probably survive but Dutch is our wheelwoman and we don't want a sleepy driver in New York traffic."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#29 » November 29th, 2016, 9:54 am

"I will meet you at the Indian Road Cafe on 600 West and 218th." The Cafe was the furthest 'North Manhattan' you could go. "I will more than likely arrive early to secure us a booth and get some breakfast."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#30 » December 3rd, 2016, 7:31 pm

"Might as well start up in Westchester, so far all of the tailored lay lines have been found at the edges of the city. Working inwards gives us more time to compare any odd lay lines to what we've seen before." The younger Arrow made several notes in a small notebook she was holding.

"I have Prometheus' contact info, Mockingbird could I get Nergal's number from you or have you poke him?"

Mockingbird nodded. "He's expecting a call, I will give you his number."

"Thanks." Aurora made a couple of other notes. "Yeah Indian Road Cafe is rather good, I've been there and will bring the transportation and other Arrows. I am sure that Prometheus and Nergal can find it with the right directions."

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”