Tuesday At Club B (Social)

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Tuesday At Club B (Social)

Post#1 » July 6th, 2016, 4:18 am

It was an average night at Club B. A warm summer's night in New York City and a good bar where the drinks were cold, the perfect combination.

It was early in the week, no rowdy groups looking for private parties on a Tuesday, so the open VIP area of the establishment was Awakened or allied Sleepwalkers only. Two pool tables, a dart board, a private bar with sleepwalker staff bartender, and a few Mages enjoying a night out.

Sitting at a table nursing pints of beer were Prometheus and Eagle Eye, the pair of Thearchs debating what the hell the Yankees needed to do to get back into the AL East race. Prometheus was all about trading one of the bullpen arms for a good bat and making a run, while Eagle Eye was writing the season off and preparing for next year, making the case that anything they got in return for Andrew Miller wasn't going to salvage the season.

At another table a selection of empty beer bottles sat in front of Rolling Thunder as he engaged with Jackpot on the relative merits the 70s New York Punk Scene, the Libertine and Arrow discussing Patti Smith, The Ramones and the New York Dolls and their influence on the London Scene. Hecate sat at the table as well, stirring a mixed drink and quietly listening to the conversation.

Closer to the bar Mockingbird and Jade were having a quieter conversation and each were sipping on a martini and chatting with the bartender whenever her duties took her near.

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3 ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 9 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

Aurora checked her cranberry juice, making sure that it wouldn't fall, and took aim at a solid. She checked the shot one more time and with a pair of delicate movements smacked her stick into the white ball sending it towards its target. The crack let her know that it was a solid hit and a grin appeared on her face as the solid colored ball found its way into the proper pocket. She took a sip of juice and placed it back on the nearest empty table before checking the chalk at the end of the stick. She carefully added a bit more blue to the end and then glanced at the table to select her next shot.

The Arrow was playing alone. Rolling Thunder, Prometheus and Hecate all asked her to save a game but each wanted a few drinks in them before stepping up. That did not bother Aurora at all, she was happy for the night off. Today had been two summer courses, gym, combat training but no Arrow business or self defense classes, either taking or teaching. So she had decided to go out and hit Club B. Engage. Be social. See her fellow Mages in a setting where she was only lightly armed, well lightly armed for her.

Jade and Mockingbird seemed to be in a semi-official conversation, or at least talking Awakened politics, so she avoided them. The baseball conversation would normally have caught her attention but this season it only reminded her how awful her Braves were, so that was out. Seriously second worse in the majors? As for the NYC Punk conversation, well she saw Rolling Thunder enough, it was the Free Council's time to match him in alcohol consumption.

She picked out her next shot and checked the angles. A tap in on the right corner pocket. She double checked and then used the same fluid motion. Good contact. Another solid in the pocket.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Tuesday At Club B (Social)

Post#2 » July 7th, 2016, 6:27 pm

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 5 (Spirit Shield 4 + Reinforced Clothes 1) ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦
Active Attainments: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦
Active Spells: Spirit Shield (5), Spirit Sight ¦ Character Page
Apollo's first stop was the bar, after being served quite quickly he made his way over to Mockingbird and Jade. "Ladies, I would ask what you are both plotting but common sense tells me I don't want to know." He smiled at them and took a drink of his beer.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#3 » July 7th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Apollo

Mockingbird chuckled and went for her drink. Jade shook her head.

"Silly Awakened politics."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#4 » July 7th, 2016, 10:08 pm

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 5 (Spirit Shield 4 + Reinforced Clothes 1) ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦
Active Attainments: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦
Active Spells: Spirit Shield (5), Spirit Sight ¦ Character Page
Apollo smiled and rolled his eyes. "I am not expert on politics however it's something I do need to get better at. So may I ask who did what this time?" .
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#5 » July 8th, 2016, 1:01 am

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Lilah moved into Club B wearing a pair of tight jeans, heels, and a black halter top that was all but backless. Her hair was up in a braid that ended in a pony tail, keeping the hair off the back of her neck. Tonight was a perfect night for drinks and pool, or drinks and dancing, that was yet to be decided. A smile played on Tiff's lips as she headed inside looking around the bar. She headed towards the bar looking over the people that were inside, thankful it wasn't jam packed with patrons. "May I please have a shot of tequila and a cranberry vodka?" She said to the bartender once to the bar. Lilah paid and then turned, leaning against the bar she studied people's faces, the smile never left her face.

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » July 8th, 2016, 5:13 am

Apollo

"I wish it were someone screwing up, at least that would involve a decent story and some interpersonal drama. Instead this is merely a discussion about a motion, a potential motion, that might or might not make it to the Councilors about external sources of funding for outreach to Sleeper organizations for minorities."

Mockingbird sipped at her drink and nodded. "Basically we're brainstorming ways to put capital to use. Myself, Price from the Mysterium and a few Thearchs like Prometheus and Jade here all have ties to such groups and I want to establish ways for the Consilium to wash third party donations to these groups from people we're unsure about. We probably want some sort of Bronze law about it, to regulate how we do it since we're interjecting ourselves into mostly legitimate transactions and that could get ugly if done wrong, and was trying to get Jade onside."

"Mostly convinced. I like it in principle since the Seers use fronts better than anyone and this could cut a bit of their direct influence but we need to create the framework for it in order to pitch it to the other Councilors. I have no doubt that the Guardians or someone experienced in finance like Myself, Regina or Abigail could pull it off but since it is technically breaking sleeper laws we should have some regulation on when to do it so we don't get carried away."

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » July 8th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Mirvalad¦ Mastigos¦ Guardians of the Veil¦ Status (Consilium): 0 ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Mana: 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/6¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Gnosis:3 ¦ ¦

When the young man entered the club, he didn't draw much attention. He was not wearing anything fancy, just his usual Coroners Bandshirt and some plain jeans really, and - he looked a little bit strung up. Uncomfortable, even.
He evaluated the club as both a place for entertainment and a base for Enlightened meetings and had to admit, it had some style. Not to his liking, but definitely style, couldn't argue with that.
It was a little too loud for him. The smell of drinks was a little strong. People seemed a little too careless for his tastes.
But judging was not why he was here.
It was not too long until he found Lilah (She looks like a fish in his waters), and watched her watching people for a minute or two(Hey! That's my hobby!). Soon he stood next to her, with an uncharacteristically awkward grin. Since he couldn't do anything against that, he made use of it. "Hey~. You come here often?" If it came across as a cheesy pick-up line, that was alright. He was going for the cheesiest, most blatant pick-up-line voice he could manage. If that doesn't earn a laughing swat, she lost her bite.

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#8 » July 8th, 2016, 8:49 pm

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Tiff did a double take of the man that had caught her eye just two seconds ago. Mirv! Then he was gone. Tiff blinked and scoured the crowd again, she must be seeing things. She shook her head and fell back into a comfortable knowing, smile back on her face. When Lilah heard him speak, the smile grew into a grin and she looked over at him laughing. "You are a jerk. I have only been here once, thank you. However, yes, bars make me comfortable. I can get lost or even found in them. What are -you- doing here Mr. I-don't-like-fun. You didn't come to steal all my drinks did you..." Lilah teased as she feigned shock as she began to "horde" her shot, which she downed. Clearly tequila didn't bother her, the lemon remained on the bar on the napkin, which she set the shot glass down on. Lilah picked up the cranberry vodka, a big gigantic fake diamond ring sparkling on the middle finger on the hand in which she held the glass in. The glass was in the furthest hand away from him as if he might steal it. She winked at him and relaxed once more beside him "Want anything? I was just going to wander over and see where the pool tables were if you're interested in a game?" Tiff nudged him gently with a grin.

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » July 8th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Mirvalad¦ Mastigos¦ Guardians of the Veil¦ Status (Consilium): 0 ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Mana: 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/6¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Gnosis:3 ¦ ¦

"Hey, that's not true, I like fun a lot! Our definition of what are fun activities simply differs." He stuck out his tongue.
He didn't really react to her 'hoarding' her drink, and merely replied with a slightly stiff "Nah, thanks, not interested" to her offer of buying him a drink. The mention of a game of pool however obviously got him interested.
"That, on the other hand, is right up my alley!" He extravagantly bowed before her, extending his arm in the direction of the pool tables and said completely seriously "After you, my lady."
If it wasn't for the smirking that followed, he might have looked like a perfect gentleman.

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#10 » July 8th, 2016, 9:13 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 6/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem had driven the GT in. He left his pistol in the center console, and his vest in the trunk. The moros had even taken the time to fix his hair and remove the stink of corpses and chemicals from himself. Black shoes, blue jeans, and a red shirt declaring Operation Iraqi Freedom was mission complete finished the night's wardrobe. For perhaps the first time ever, he wasn't even wearing his leather jacket.

He made his way for the bar, tapped a black card against it, smiling to the barkeep, "A round for all the ladies, and Apollo. I'll take a rum and coke."

Once done he walked on over to Mirvalad and Delilah, and gave his most composed and serious face, "You may be wondering why I've called both of you here tonight. I have a mission for you. Sail with Captain Morgan."

Then he broke into a smile, "Just don't sail too far. We still have to figure out about the condo."
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » July 8th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Mirv grinned. A little strained. He lifted his hand and said "Not a sailor. But totally up for the condo part. AFTER I won this game." He gave Lilah a challenging grin.

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#12 » July 8th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Lilah's face all bit lit up like a Christmas Tree as Mirv accepted her offer of Pool. Tiff turned and headed towards the well, she wasn't entirely sure where she was going as she moved away from the bar, trying to figure out where she was suppose to be headed. She had only over heard someone mention "a game of pool" as she had people watched, they hadn't given her directions. "Can you actually see where the pool tables are, Mirv? You're kind of taller than I am makes seeing these types of things a little easier." Even in three inch heels she wasn't tall enough to see anything! Lilah went up on her tippy toes and almost fell over as she heard Salem's voice. Once more a bright grin spread over her face "I would really prefer not to sail with Captain Morgan, but with Jose Cuervo instead, since I already started sailing off into the sunset with him. Jumping ships now seems sort of like a slap in the face." Tiff offered Salem a grin and then a scoff for Mirv "Uh... I don't think so there, bucko. I have won many a games of pool in my day." Lilah gently poked Mirv. "We will just see who is going to beat whom at what. Want to come see me kick Mirv's butt at pool, or come and join in, Salem? We can discuss the condo while we do that? Say hello to people.." Lilah didn't know what people, as the only people she knew were already talking with her.
Last edited by theunknown on July 8th, 2016, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » July 8th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Mirv gave an audible groan "Do we have to? Fine, but only if they are interesting people!" He was pretty happy about his provocation bearing fruit, and kept a lookout for the pool tables as he maneuvered through the crowd.
"What're the stakes?"

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#14 » July 8th, 2016, 10:17 pm

"Yes we have to be social. Cannot come to a bar and ignore everyone, you know." Lilah looked up at Mirv and gave him the look a mother might give to a child approval and disapproval at the same time. Her head shook some before she winked at him. Tiff would be just as happy staying in a bubble with just the three of them inside, but that was never going to work if she was going to get to the dance floor. "You tell me... Takers make the wager.." Lilah said as she looked around for the pool tables. "Ah-ha!" was said as Lilah all but bounced, turning right and then heading straight for the pool tables. Once more Tiff looked over the faces of those in the immediate area, the smile on her face as she took another drink and looked for an open table, waiting to hear Mirv's terms.

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » July 8th, 2016, 10:34 pm

"I can! It's practically my party trick! Wanna see?" He followed Lilah to the tables.
"Alright. The losing party of this game of pool has to pay for breakfast, which shall be defined as a donut, a sandwich and coffee of average or better quality, for the winning party, for a whole week. Do you deem the content of this contract acceptable?" the Guardian responded, in his best british accent.

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”