Tuesday At Club B (Social)

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Tuesday At Club B (Social)

Post#136 » August 10th, 2016, 1:31 am

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 5 (Spirit Shield 4 + Reinforced Clothes 1) ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦
Active Attainments: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦
Active Spells: Spirit Shield (5), Spirit Sight ¦ Character Page
Apollo nodded "Well that covers the first of my terms. No idiots." Apollo chuckled. "The others are... It's something I am very passionate about and they need to understand that. Finally I am very big on peoples personal development, so if they get involved expect to have some development time with myself."

Noctum ¦ Obrimos ¦ Eyes of Ain Soph ¦ Mysterium ¦ Linguistics Expert ¦ Striking Looks 2: Raw Latin Sex Appeal ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Armor: 3 (Unseen Shield) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Mana: 6/6 (12) ¦ Attainments Active: Prime Sight, Analyze Enchanted Item ¦ Active Spells: Magic shield, Unseen Shield ¦ Character Page
Noctum frowned "I would say send them my way but I doubt anyone needs to see me foaming at the mouth arguing with narrow minded idiots."
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#137 » August 10th, 2016, 1:41 am

Noctum

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 8 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

"Question for you, what are you doing about your own self improvement. Learning new Arcana, another language, picking up some fighting skills?"

Apollo

"Well that might scare a couple off, more than one believe that the Arrow loath the Free Council."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#138 » August 10th, 2016, 2:11 am

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 5 (Spirit Shield 4 + Reinforced Clothes 1) ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦
Apollo laughed "I get it. I am the man. Hopefully the fact that I'm dating a Free Councilor will give me some street cred." he smiled "See, I'm down with the kids."

"Maybe pushing them in that direction will be good for them. As the Mysterium would say... Don't judge a book by its cover. Maybe putting themselves in that situation will show them that we are not all bad."

Noctum ¦ Obrimos ¦ Eyes of Ain Soph ¦ Mysterium ¦ Linguistics Expert ¦ Striking Looks 2: Raw Latin Sex Appeal ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Armor: 3 (Unseen Shield) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Mana: 6/6 (12) ¦ Attainments Active: Prime Sight, Analyze Enchanted Item ¦ Active Spells: Magic shield, Unseen Shield ¦ Character Page
"I recently took a beginners self defense for women course down at my local community center. The woman who runs it is brilliant but scary. I have also been doing some work on forces. The basics of survival without watching Bear Grylls. I have just finished another prime based project focused around lay lines and nodes. Naturally I am going to be staring another... the quest for mastery is never ending." She paused for a few moments.

"Languages, I haven't started learning any new ones. Right now its all about preparing myself for the journey towards an un-achievable goal. "
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#139 » August 10th, 2016, 2:26 am

Noctum

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 8 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

"Well if you want to get a bit more serious about self defense give me a call. I teach a couple of classes a week but for you I would give a private lesson or two so I could teach some basic tricks with magic as well."

Apollo

"Hence why we're talking. They need to learn the difference between an enlightened diamond mage and a conservative prick."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#140 » August 10th, 2016, 11:54 pm

"Call me interested. How do you intend on whipping the free council into shape?"

"Well it certainly has the advantages that I will be better prepared to defend myself not to mention of the book worm thing does not work out I can always join the arrow."

"The disadvantage is I may end up demanding less of my personal protectors time."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#141 » August 11th, 2016, 12:55 am

Noctum

"You that worried about missing the attention of the guys in the Arrow out there?" She nodded towards the bar. "Well at least your type is clear now." Aurora stuck out her tongue.

Apollo

"Honestly I going to tell them to give a damn about something, anything, and find the influence of the Lie in what they care about. Then work with each other and begin formulating a plan to do something about it instead of standing outside of Consilium, metaphorically of course, and bitching because the politics favor the Thearchs. They built the system so of course it will favor them, I just want us to focus on making real differences. We do that and we show that our ideals work and success is one hell of an argument to use when people question your purpose and methods."

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#142 » August 11th, 2016, 5:35 am

Mirvalad¦ Mastigos¦ Guardians of the Veil¦ Status (Consilium): 0 ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Mana: 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/6¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Gnosis:3 ¦ ¦

Mirv suddenly had the feeling that makes people say things like "I'm gonna leave you two alone now" with a knowing smile. However, he couldn't do that just yet, since he still wanted to meet some of the people Salem wanted to introduce them. He kind of felt bad about that. Huh.Strange.
"Say, Kite, Salem was about to give us a tour, so we get to know a few people. Why don't you join us?" The invitation was accompanied with a friendly grin and a tilted head.

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#143 » August 11th, 2016, 11:01 am

"Oh yeah, the risk of being blown up or shot by friendly fire is a vice of mine."

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 0 ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Attainments: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦ Active Spells: Spirit Shield (5), Spirit Sight ¦ Character Page
"Thats a rather interesting view point. Politics favor the Thearchs? Expand on that... walk me through the mindset on that one."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#144 » August 11th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Noctum

"Well you like to live dangerously, nothing wrong with that." Aurora smirked, enjoying the teasing of the other Obrimos.

"They make life unpredictable." Another grin.

"But in all seriousness I am sort of unsure how demanding less time from personal protectors is a disadvantage. Self sufficiency is pretty awesome."

Apollo

"The political system of the Pentacle, the model of government represented by the Consilium and a Lex Magica consisting of Gold, Silver, Bronze and Iron law, was designed and put into place by the Silver Ladder. They school their members in the philosophy of that government from the moment they join the Order, they teach and provide the advocates, Factotums, when cases are heard involve those laws and push for cases to be settled by Lictors, who are all Thearchs and selected by Thearchs. Find a proud, or drunk, Thearch and they'll brag about it." Hecate smirked.

"The point is that many young Libertines try to argue the system with the Silver Ladder. Thearchs have heard it all before and the Order has a collective memory of responses to previous challenges that they can draw upon to prove their point yet again. Since they created the system they've been making those same points since Atlantis. What I'm teaching my people is that they shouldn't rise to that challenge because beating your head against a wall just leaves one tired and frustrated. Instead they should enact our ideology in their activities and be successful, let the success be the sign that what we believe works in practice." The Mastigos sighed. "Besides the Ladder is going to be the Ladder. We don't need a second Silver Ladder in the Awakened Nation, one is enough."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#145 » August 12th, 2016, 12:49 am

"If I became fully self sufficient... why would I need to work with anyone? The Mysterium? Other orders? The Concilium? I'd be a lone ranger."

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 0 ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Attainments: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦ Active Spells: Spirit Shield (5), Spirit Sight ¦ Character Page
"The real question is, are they meeting those challenges for philosophical reasons or are they meeting the challenges to simply stick it to the man? Personally I would say the latter, sulking in the corner and moaning about the situation are classic victim behaviors. I just hope you can help them move towards more accountable actions. You are taking the first step by making them accept reality, from there they can own it, find solutions and make it happen. There is no harm in playing politics if they want to. Its just about doing it for the right reasons and making it work."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#146 » August 12th, 2016, 4:56 am

Noctum

"It's the journey honestly, identifying personal weaknesses and moving forward on them in order to grow as a person and as a Mage. Nobody will ever become that Island who needs nothing from others, even the most powerful and experienced Mage is still weak in some Arcana and can't master every weapon, can't learn everything, and can't please everyone they meet. You will always need someone for something, even if it's just friendship and a connection to the rest of the world." Aurora leaned back in the booth.

"What I'm talking about is being able to handle one's self. I'm an Arrow and we see a lot, more than a few Awakened big wigs forget that we aren't part of the scenery, and more than once I've seen Mages toss off personal defense as an Arrow thing or research as a Mysterium thing or protecting the Veil as a Guardian thing or sleeper relations as a Libertine or Thearch thing. They box themselves into a skill set based upon what they are comfortable with and dismiss the rest as someone else's job. It might be someone else's job and someone else might be amazing at it but that doesn't mean you can't try to learn more about it." The Obrimos leaned forward again.

"I've always been good with a sword. Fencing champion since I was old enough to compete, I am even on the team for Columbia but I'm under orders to downplay my skill to avoid drawing attention and to preserve the Veil. Now playing at being just good, that takes skill." Aurora grinned. "I still keep practicing with a sword but I learn the batons, I learn the bow, I push myself at hand to hand and pick up the ability to strike quick and handle myself in a grapple. I also am going to an Ivy League school, learning how society and individuals act and why they act in those ways. I teach self defense, picking up leadership skills while honing my skill and helping others."

"The more I learn though the more I realize just how much I don't know, how big the world out there really is. I need people. Will always need them no matter how good I get." The Arrow smiled. "What's the point of being perfect if there is no one there to see how awesome you look while being perfect?"

Apollo

"I've always had a soft spot for the person bitching in the corner since it's the first step to creating meaningful change in the world as long as the person can make the leap from talk to action. Most of them are outsiders and outsiders shape the world. Insiders can be smart, dedicated, and a lot of great things but they are always inside of the an already created system." Hecate smiled.

"The Free Council is the devil's advocate for the Pentacle, the odd shaped piece of an oddly constructed five sided puzzle. We can play politics, we can play the political games of a Consilium, but we need to come at that world from our perspective. Bitching and doing nothing is not that perspective. Bitching and doing something constructive, well that shakes things up."

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#147 » August 12th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Lilah grinned towards Mirv leaning forward to look at him down the bar "We have discussed what you're not eating for breakfast, don't forget the real reason behind this meeting, Goober." She winked at Mirv, knowing that he was going to have something to say about his new nickname. Tiff took another drink and then looked to Salem "Who shall we talk to next, Mr.Popular." There was something teasing in him calling him that, a grin on Lilah's features as her eyes danced over his face.

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#148 » August 12th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 6/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem watched for Kite's reaction, but smiled a little more at Lilah's kiss.

When Mirv dragged him back into the topic he was supposed to be helping with, he took a quick gulp of his drink, and nodded to Jade, "Well we have a Thearch amongst us now. I imagine she could give us the best instruction on who we should introduce you to next. Probably do a far better job than I am."
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

DaveJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post#149 » August 12th, 2016, 10:09 pm

"I'm definitely not best choice as guide - I didn't even know who Donatien was." he replied as he set down his glass. "But I certainly wouldn't mind joining you as a tag-along though..."

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#150 » August 12th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Salem and the bar crowd

Jade shrugged. "Honestly I could not tell you, it really depends on who is free or who you wish to talk to."

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”