Tuesday At Club B (Social)

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Tuesday At Club B (Social)

Post#121 » August 7th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 5 (Spirit Shield 4 + Reinforced Clothes 1) ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦
Active Attainments: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦
Active Spells: Spirit Shield (5), Spirit Sight ¦ Character Page
"So I am starting a charity, a free clinic to provide access to a doctor for those who can't afford it. It grinds my gears at how the health system is set up to trap the majority of people in crippling debt. GP Visits cost anywhere between $120 and $240 just for a consultation, plus more for any tests that are needed and follow up consultations. A large amount of clincis won't accept medicaid and obamacare only covers 80% of costs and thats if you can find a clinc that will take it. "

"I need a negotiator. Someone who is capable of getting the best possible price on things without holding a gun to their heads. Thats negotiating with the drugs companies, the bureaucrats, insurance companies. You get the idea. I figured it would be something you would be more than capable of doing."

Noctum ¦ Obrimos ¦ Eyes of Ain Soph ¦ Mysterium ¦ Linguistics Expert ¦ Striking Looks 2: Raw Latin Sex Appeal ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Armor: 3 (Unseen Shield) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Mana: 6/6 (12) ¦ Attainments Active: Prime Sight, Analyze Enchanted Item ¦ Active Spells: Magic shield, Unseen Shield ¦ Character Page
"No Summer classes for me. My department doesn't do summer classes..... we just offer the chance to go abroad for the summer to practice your language skills. "
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#122 » August 7th, 2016, 4:33 pm

Noctum

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 8 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

"So a summer of sipping cocktails. Sounds nice."

The Arrow smirked.

Apollo

Hecate pondered the question, turning it around in her head for several moments.

Finally she nodded. "Sure I can help. Also I would ask Abigail, she's a bit "posh" even for a Thearch but her sleeper persona has some major ins with the high society charity crowd of Manhattan. She could probably plan a fundraiser or at least lean on some of her contacts to provide some funding."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#123 » August 7th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 6/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem smirked, the alcohol getting his mouth running before his brain could stop him, "Funny, I thought 'fight for dominance' was the right answer there, Jade."
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#124 » August 7th, 2016, 8:44 pm

Salem and the Bar Crowd

Jade put a finger to her lips. "Such statements taken out of context will bring Donatien running with shots and dares."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#125 » August 7th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Armor: 5 (Spirit Shield 4 + Reinforced Clothes 1) ¦ Mana: 13/13 (13) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ][ ][ ] ¦
"Hitting the Silver Ladder up for donations and contacts is part of the plan. It's not going to be cheap. "

Noctum ¦ Obrimos ¦ Eyes of Ain Soph ¦ Mysterium ¦ Linguistics Expert ¦ Striking Looks 2: Raw Latin Sex Appeal ¦ Defense: 2 ¦ Armor: 3 (Unseen Shield) ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Mana: 6/6 (12) ¦ Attainments Active: Prime Sight, Analyze Enchanted Item ¦ Active Spells: Magic shield, Unseen Shield ¦ Character Page
Noctum laughed "Pretty much. Although apparently topless sunbathing in central park is not appreciated." She smiled "You know me, I tend to keep myself busy."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#126 » August 7th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Noctum

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 8 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

"What a pity." Aurora grinned. "Part of the reason I like living on the top floor of my small, well for Manhattan, building. Higher ceilings, more space and roof access."

Apollo

"So you're passing the hat to everyone. Solid idea." Hecate nodded.

DaveJ
Lurker
Lurker

Post#127 » August 8th, 2016, 2:45 am

"Donatien?" Kite asked, looking curiously between Jade and Salem.

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#128 » August 8th, 2016, 3:41 am

Salem and the Bar Crowd

Jade smiled. "Herald and owner of this club. He has a reputation, well deserved, as a bit of a hedonist."

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#129 » August 8th, 2016, 10:30 pm

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Lilah laughed finally at what jade had said, almost as though it had taken time to sink in. She looked to the glass and down the rest of what was left before she said to Salem, almost quietly "I didn't realize that you had switched teams on me." Her eyes danced, and she hoped that she hadn't just read into something or her mind hadn't put the wrong pieces together.

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#130 » August 8th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 6/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem looked to Jade, "And me without a knife or pistol to greet him with."

Then he looked Lilah over and quirked an eyebrow, "'On the contrary. I just finally took some of your advice."
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#131 » August 9th, 2016, 1:37 am

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Lilah grinned at that and leaned over, gently kissing his cheek. "And for that, I couldn't be more happy."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#132 » August 10th, 2016, 12:08 am

"Yes, it seems sensible to try and rely on peoples strengths. I am going to ask the ladder for political and financial help and getting that part set up. Yourself for your negotiating skills, jackpot and aurora for Social media and general media presence. I am going to try to ask Blackstone to do guardian stuff and catch spanners. You get the idea."

"So are you taking any summer classes?" She smiled. She had always taken a keen interest in peoples education and development.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#133 » August 10th, 2016, 12:47 am

Noctum

"Two. Science and Mass Media and The Psychology of Human Sexuality." She smirked at the latter class. "The second one everyone had to the Professor's permission to take, mostly because half the damn College would be trying to take it otherwise and she wants to keep it serious and on point. Fìrinn's the Professor for that one, I had her for Intro to Psych and liked it enough to pick up Psychology as a minor, thinking about maybe even going double major, Communications and Psychology." The Arrow nodded. "Great Prof by the way, a bit tough at first but once the tone is set she's relaxed and engaging, makes sure that students really think about the material and don't just parrot answers back on an exam."

"Means one less class in the fall, which means more time for personal improvement, training, teaching and patrolling. Maybe even the odd night off."

Apollo

"That is a lot of people." Hecate glanced around. "Of course I can count on future favors in return for my help correct? I hate being that girl but I've pretty much had the unofficial leadership of my Order dropped in my lap and I would love to get some of my less active members more involved. Doing Consilium stuff means interacting with most of the reasons they went Libertine in the first place but helping out at a clinic, hell maybe even doing some work for one, that is helping the Sleepers and fighting the Lie that is the US Health Care system."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#134 » August 10th, 2016, 1:04 am

Apollo nodded "As if I am going to forget the favors you do for me on this." It was his way of saying hat he would repay them when needed. "As for other free councilors getting involved.... I have no real objections to that and actually promotes them working with others as a team. I do however have a couple of terms and conditions on that."

"I do keep meaning to sit in one of her lectures. I just have not had the time." Noctum took a sip of her drink. "Communications and Psychology are a very powerful combination. One the Arrow and concilium will find very very usefull."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#135 » August 10th, 2016, 1:22 am

Noctum

"The Consilium sure, the Arrow yes. Although a few other members of the Arrow might not see the benefit of an Arrow attending college for four years when they could be 'kicking more ass' instead of 'screwing around in class'. Yeah someone, an idiot far from where decisions are made, said that to me. I asked him why he bothered being an Arrow if he wasn't willing to forge his mind and soul as well as his body. He didn't have an answer." Aurora, ever the idealist, shook her head.

Apollo

Hecate nodded in agreement.

"Fair. If any of them are interested I'll let them know that helping out is on your terms since it's your clinic. That should weed out the biggest fools."

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”