Beacon Hunting Part Deux

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Beacon Hunting Part Deux

Post#1 » May 19th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 7/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem was waiting at the airport, suitcase packed. He'd spent a few days contacting people, making sure they were still alive. Still willing to take care of business if something came up.

"I probably should ask the locals before I just jam them on the list. But I don't see it being an issue." he said to himself as he reviewed his list mentally. Eh. He could easily list 'the arrows' and 'the guardians' and that would be plenty. But he'd decided to do names, just to be nice. And contact information, for what he had on them.
Last edited by TheBaconMage on May 20th, 2016, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Beacon Hunting Part Duex

Post#2 » May 20th, 2016, 3:11 am

Fìrinn¦ Mastigos / Sphinx ¦ Mysterium ¦ Status: Consilium: 2, Mysterium: 3 ¦ Presence 3: Smart Snarker ¦ Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 13 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: First Impressions (5 - Attainment), Third Eye

Fìrinn arrived dressed in black slacks and a navy blue blouse, dragging a small wheeled travel case and carrying a small carry on bag over her left shoulder like a seasoned traveler.

She nodded at Salem when she saw him and made her way over to where he was waiting.

"Hotel rooms are booked and the locals are expecting us, any issues with the plane tickets?"
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » May 20th, 2016, 11:03 am

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 7/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem shook his head and produced the tickets, "We are e-checked in. Did you prefer window or aisle? Its a bit of a puddle hopper, I'm afraid."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » May 20th, 2016, 2:19 pm

Fìrinn¦ Mastigos / Sphinx ¦ Mysterium ¦ Status: Consilium: 2, Mysterium: 3 ¦ Presence 3: Smart Snarker ¦ Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 13 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: First Impressions (5 - Attainment), Third Eye

"Window." She checked the appropriate ticket. "A puddle jumper to Vancouver from New York? Probably just Westjet and those really are not puddle jumpers. Trust me I am from small town Canada, I know puddle jumpers. The airport I grew up with is tarmac, well apron is the actual term due to copyright, boarding only and is port of entry classified for forty-four passengers or less." She shook her head. "Still a far more pleasant experience than Pearson." She offered a mock shudder.

"Sorry. I am a bit of a seasoned traveler and it shows at times."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#5 » May 20th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Salem laughed, "It isn't a C5 or C17. Puddle jumper."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » May 20th, 2016, 7:30 pm

"Oh don't be a size queen this early in the trip." The Mastigos grinned.

"Ever been across the northern border?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » May 20th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Salem raised an eyebrow, "Well I am from Texas. What other trope am I supposed to play to?"
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » May 20th, 2016, 9:10 pm

"Suggesting that we get hammer and invade Mexico?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » May 20th, 2016, 10:05 pm

"Why a hammer? But I did once plan the invasion of Mexico when I was in high school." Salem said with a smile.
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Beacon Hunting Part Deux

Post#10 » May 21st, 2016, 4:27 am

"Well I have never been too fond of guns and a hammer can be used to create the ultimate weapon of a board with a nail in it. That should serve for an invasion right?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » May 21st, 2016, 1:26 pm

Salem shook his head, smiling "I'm not supposed to be surprised you're a nerd, am I? But it feels like I may be stereotyping you some."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#12 » May 21st, 2016, 2:49 pm

"Well science fiction, fantasy, horror and other typical quote unquote "nerd" or "geek" fields often have more freedom due to their subject matter to explore new ideas or social concepts that would be considered a third rail in more mainstream media." She picked a seat and sat to wait for the boarding call. "Even something as popular as the Simpsons is, well was before it began to become terrible, extremely layered with interesting social, philosophical and political commentary."

"The 'Ayn Rand School for Tots' being featured as the location for a "The Great Escape" homage in an episode about the frustrations of an ignored wife performing in a musical version of a "Streetcar Named Desire". Smarter than almost anything adults were watching at the time."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » May 21st, 2016, 3:06 pm

Salem nodded, "Psychologist and a nerd. As much a stereotype as I ever was."

He pulled an ipad from his suitcase, and checked the news, "Good to know we all play our roles with faithfully."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#14 » May 21st, 2016, 4:11 pm

"I never stereotype other than to say that people will always surprise you."

The boarding call for their flight was called.

"That is us."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » May 21st, 2016, 4:51 pm

Salem carried the ipad with him, "Sure, but we all are, in our own ways. Stereotypes are statistically validated lenses through which we understand the world and filter our expectations."

He mostly meant the Fallen World. Mostly.
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”