Beacon Hunting Part Deux

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Beacon Hunting Part Deux

Post#241 » November 26th, 2016, 6:16 am

"It is important to have someone willing to listen for when one is ready to speak." The Old Man sipped at his tea.

"Personal connections ground us, they remind us why we give so much of ourselves to the ideals we champion. They also remind us that we are not alone, a fact that seems so simple and yet is so important and uplifting when we need to feel as an emotion in relation to ourselves."
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#242 » November 27th, 2016, 4:50 am

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 4/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard, Forces/Space Sight

Salem shrugged, "I don't think the VA councillor or even my old war buddies would take well to hearing me talk about a secret war of global scale, and how I was a part of it. I'm managing by myself for now, and I've got a few human connections."

Art considered the second part of the teacher's sentence, "What if we are meant to be alone? Wouldn't it be better for people like me, killers, to be alone? Cut off from the other people we could hurt in unintentional ways, or people who could be used as leverage against us. Is it a good idea to share the terrible things we've done, and burden another with that knowledge? Everyone loves the good war story, young people especially," Salem drew out his cell phone and flicked a few buttons, then slid it across his table to Beacon, "But when you're done joking about the people you've killed, and you remember that moment you were literally standing with someone's brains leaking out under your feet, it's not exactly fun anymore. Oh sure, you laugh when you look down, and even take a picture, but when you get back and the adrenaline is done and you see that picture... well it stops being funny really fast."

A boot, standing in muddy sand is all that's initially apparent on the phone. But the remnants of a head, blown open by a large caliber round make it quickly apparent- the boot is supposed to be tan. The sand is full of blood. And that squishy stuff all over it? That's brain tissue.

"California, just before I left. Dead man's name was Ed Thompkins. He was Panopticon, we think a Mastigos- hence why standing in his brain was funny. I had to put his ghost down a week later. It stopped being funny that day."
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#243 » November 27th, 2016, 3:20 pm

"You have your fellow Arrow. The less experienced ones tend to believe that war is glorious but anyone with a few years in knows different. Galahad was in Afghanistan with the Canadian Forces before he awoke and he attends and also runs support meetings for Vancouver area veterans. I know for certain that a number of Arrows in States do the same with their former comrades in arms." Beacon sipped again at his tea. "As for professional help, well you rode up her on a plane with a Doctor of Psychology. There are numerous other Mages in the Pentacle spread out around North America who have similar backgrounds and experience in helping others maintain their mental health."

"You are after all an Arrow and an Arrow is defined by one thing. It's not their combat skills, their previous military service, their badass attitudes or the number of bad guys they've defeated. No an Arrow is a Mage dedicated to the defense of their fellow Awakened and the Ideals of the Pentacle." He paused and looked up at Salem. "The ones who break themselves away from those they protect are always the ones who fall. They become bitter, their heart fills with anger and they resent those they sacrifice so much for. They fall to the Seers or worse because they have nothing holding them in place. No Cabals. No friends. No lovers. No attachments."

"The list of ten individuals who can and will eliminate you should you fall is nice but Salem I have a more important question for you. Do you have five people who would risk themselves to hold you back when the you approach the edge?"

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#244 » November 27th, 2016, 4:29 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 4/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard, Forces/Space Sight

Salem listened to the first part slowly. Similar pitch to the one the VA always gave him, and he still wasn't entirely sure on it. The last question left him at a loss for words. Salem sat quietly for about five minute. When he spoke again, his words were slow and a little unsteady.

"Five is a big number in that department. I might could name four who wouldn't call me a lost cause right away, I think. More if we count sleepers for certain. I mean, I like to think the Awakened of the Pentacle are one big family and all, but saving someone? I dunno."

His mind fractured into memory for a moment. A few faces flew by as he tried to think of more names, of people who might give him that sort of support. Then he smiled, "One for sure. Another if he ever gets his ass in gear and gets out of that damnable coma."

Salem shook his head then growled in frustration, "People who'd also be the shortest path to Hell for me if something went poorly."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#245 » November 28th, 2016, 6:24 am

"No Cabal?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#246 » November 28th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Salem shook his head, "Not yet, at least. I've seen some potential in some of the folks I know, but I'm waiting for the right moment."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#247 » December 3rd, 2016, 6:33 pm

"Is that something you would be willing to take on? Working to build a Cabal in order to learn this Legacy?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#248 » December 4th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Salem shrugged, "I was planning to anyway. Just watching for the opportunity with the right people."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#249 » December 5th, 2016, 4:41 pm

"Would you take an Oath?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#250 » December 5th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Salem nodded, "When I first considered this path, I took a moment to sit down and think about it. I half expected, given your recent experience, that you might ask me for a soul stone. An Oath I can do."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#251 » December 6th, 2016, 5:14 pm

"I don't believe in holding a Soul Stone over another Awakened. It is a form of slavery and thus tied to the Lie. Also the act of creating one is full of Hubris and it limits Supernal potential so it is a decision that only that Individual Mage should make for themselves." Beacon took another sip from his tea. "On the other hand an Oath is a contract between two willing parties and the individual performing the tasks agrees in advance and thus brings full consent into the deal."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#252 » December 6th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Salem nodded, "Very reasonable of you. What oath did you have in mind?"
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#253 » December 7th, 2016, 2:17 pm

"That you commit to building positive ties among your fellow Pentacle Mages by working to form and maintain a Cabal. That will be the specifics of the Oath - to create and maintain those bonds of a Cabal."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#254 » December 7th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Salem nodded, and held out a hand, "Like I said- I was planning to anyway."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#255 » December 8th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Beacon met the hand and Salem could feel a Spell being cast. A covert one.

► Show Spoiler

"Alright then let us get to work."

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”