Beacon Hunting Part Deux

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Beacon Hunting Part Deux

Post#211 » September 2nd, 2016, 4:13 pm

The old man smiled as he led the group into a combination kitchen/dining room. "Heretic."

The place was comfortable but tasteful, the decor and furniture was certainly not secondhand or IKEA but was certainly not opulent. Almost everything was made out of wood or other natural materials.

It took a few minutes to make the tea and Beacon did not rush it. He carefully measured out of the amount of leaves, the level of the water and waited until the pot had simmered down from full boil to begin pouring four cups.

There was a small bottle of milk on the table and several cubes of sugar. He motioned for the group to sit around the table and then placed a cup in front of each, with a tea spoon laid out next to the cup. Next he poured tea from the pot into each of the cups.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#212 » September 2nd, 2016, 11:20 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 5/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard, Forces/Space Sight

Salem watched the ritual patient and amused. Heretic indeed.

He eyed about the cabin, taking in the decor. He rather liked the rustic style, even if it lacked the more bunker like defenses he preferred. Aesthetic did count, however. And at least out here in the middle of nowhere, Beacon would have a good ability to see the stars.
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#213 » September 14th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Beacon set a filled cup in front of each of the guests and raised his own once the others had been passed out.

"To your health."

The other two echoed the toast and followed him in a sip.

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#214 » September 15th, 2016, 9:33 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 5/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard, Forces/Space Sight

Salem smiled, "And yours. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to inquire about it. Your health I mean. Might just be an Arrow thing, but is living out here keeping you active?"
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#215 » September 21st, 2016, 6:21 pm

A smirk formed on the face of the older man.

"I would say so."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#216 » September 27th, 2016, 1:13 pm

Salem nodded, "Good to know. Clear view of the sky out here, when the weather isn't a problem too."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#217 » October 6th, 2016, 4:57 am

"Wait until you see the stars tonight young man, like nothing one can see in New York."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#218 » October 7th, 2016, 7:50 pm

Salem smiled, "I imagine so. Back before it all," the Moros waved his hand around the room absently, "I used to go to the Observatory at my school. These days well... Distance is a lie, time is mutable, and the power of the sun is at the fingertips."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#219 » October 10th, 2016, 9:09 pm

Beacon smiled and Salem got the feeling that he might be the butt of a joke only known to the older man.

The Magister then turned to the Guardian visitor. "So what brings you to the west coast?"

Intrepid reached into his coat pocket and removed a letter. A sealed letter. A sealed letter that had been sealed with actual wax. Some things never went out of style. He handed the letter to Beacon silently.

The old man broke the seal and read the letter in silence, seemingly taking great care in study of each word. Finally the letter simply vanished in his hand, matter turned to energy and energy released to the cosmos, and the old man took a sip of tea.

"Will you convey my thanks to Dominion?"

"I will."

Beacon pursed his lips and nodded. "Thank you. For both delivery of the letter and your part in its contents."

Intrepid nodded twice and followed the movements with a sigh. "A part of the job."

"An old man is still allowed to compliment excellent work."

Intrepid shrugged and grinned. "In that case I gleefully accept." He check a wrist watch he was wearing, an old one with winding spring to Salem's eye. "I should be getting back."

Beacon nodded. "Take care." He looked over at the Space Master. "Always a pleasure my dear."

Shrike nodded. "Let me know when you need me to come back."

"I shall."

Shrike and Intrepid got up and Beacon walked them to the door. Salem heard it open and close and a minute later the old man walked back into the sitting room.

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#220 » October 13th, 2016, 12:39 am

Salem was sharpening the knife by the time Beacon got back. He gave the old man a friendly smile, "I was informed I should have a list to provide you with. Ten names. Shouldn't be an issue on any of them, especially the bottom three. I also included a list of people to keep eyes on if I ever should take that route. All of them will be able to handle me, my revenant, and my ghost. Sound like a good start?"
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#221 » October 13th, 2016, 5:34 pm

"It sounds as if you understand what is sometimes used to pave the road to hell." Beacon poured himself another cup of tea. "Tell me about these ten individuals, why did you specifically pick them? Because they could handle you or because they would feel an obligation to you to destroy the monster you might become?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#222 » October 13th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Salem shrugged, "Yes on both counts. I'm also fairly certain at least one or two of them would do it without even asking for proof. They know the job, the fact that sometimes, people just need killin'."

The Moros smiled as his own little joke, and put the knife aside, "I'm aware that sometimes we do things in order to do great good, and often as not, wind up doing a great evil. Worse, sometimes we don't see the evil in our own actions. We see only the purity in our intentions. The people on this list are aware that people have faults. They fall. And that the fallen are not always salvageable. The people on the second list... well it's short, and only one or two are Awakened. It's more like a 'tell them I'm dead and I wasn't an evil asshole' list. Some folks don't need to know everything. They just need to know your gone, and that you... well you know."

He went from grin to grimace at that thought, then shook his head, and returned to his pleasant smile, "I have to admit, my first pick on the list is Apollo. He's a higher ranking Arrow in the city, and he'll understand the most, I think. Blackstone came in second only because I'm certain that his methods will either hurt a lot more, or perhaps, not hurt enough. Rolling Thunder on the other hand would likely be very annoyed with my ghost. And if I'm going to need die anyway, I may as well humor myself with it."

Salem picked up the knife again and looked over the blade, "Honestly, if I think it's coming to that I'll probably save everyone the hassle and do the job myself. The Pentacle is ours to protect. Can't go letting myself get in the way of my own job."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#223 » October 16th, 2016, 5:37 am

"Is that your philosophy on your Order? That they exist as protectors of the Pentacle? Is that their only purpose in your mind?"

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#224 » October 16th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Salem chuckled, "It's how I view my role in the order. Doing the jobs that have to be done, to protect those who can't. Not everyone is built to fight."

The Moros ran his hand along the blade and smiled, "What about you? How is it you see your Order?"
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#225 » October 18th, 2016, 6:58 pm

"To create a way to channel the anger, frustration and pain the Great Lie causes into a structure will one day allow humanity to overcome their current limitations. Some individuals join the Ladder because they desire power, some join it because they need structure, the best join because they have seen the true nature of existence and are angry."

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”