Beacon Hunting Part Deux

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Re: Beacon Hunting Part Deux

Post#196 » August 8th, 2016, 6:06 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 5/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard, Forces/Space Sight

Salem smirked, "I don't think anything I was doing before my death counted as dating. One night stand at best."
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#197 » August 10th, 2016, 5:07 pm

"What about afterwards? Awakening change your perspective on the nature of relationships or did you dive head first into the new world opened to you and just ignore most human contact?" Shrike posed the question as they continued forward, in the distance were signs of civilization. Well road signs, one pointing towards "Winter Harbour".
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#198 » August 10th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 5/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard, Forces/Space Sight

Salem frowned, "A little bit of both, really. I pushed away from the vulnerable sleepers I knew while I came to grips with some facts about myself."

He paused and did a little self reflection, "I haven't made a lot of time for interpersonal relationships for a while. Might change one day, but there's work to do first."

Salem chuckled then, as he thought about how much things change, whether we wanted them to or not. And since he'd said it out loud, chances where good something would change again before he had a chance to finish that work.
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#199 » August 11th, 2016, 1:12 am

"What about you Intrepid?"

Intrepid smiled. "Would it shock you if I said that I was popular and generally well liked, as well as socially well adjusted."

Shrike laughed. "No because you would be lying and I expect Guardians to lie."

The Guardian shrugged his shoulders. "The first two points are based on the opinions of others and thus could change as quickly as they decide to change their minds. The last is stretching it for anyone Awakened, so it's relative on if we're using Sleeper or Awakened standards of well adjusted."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#200 » August 11th, 2016, 1:22 am

Salem shrugged, "Social change is as important as physical sometimes. Walking in different walks of life grants perspective.

He considered the second half, then added, "I like to think most of the Awakened are fairly well adjusted, considering what we know. I mean anything less would probably lead to a lot of severe depression and paranoia. I only enjoy the latter myself. Not sure about you two, but I call that a win."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#201 » August 11th, 2016, 5:15 am

"Problem is that we're only a part of the Awakened, about forty percent give or take single digit or two. The others are involved in a Pyramid Scheme of Supernal Power, isolationists, or all sorts of crazy." Intrepid shook his head.

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#202 » August 12th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Salem shrugged dismissively, "Not all Seers are crazy. They just aren't good people. Banishers on the other hand..."

He shrugged, "I'll be glad to assist them with their transition into the afterlife."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#203 » August 13th, 2016, 5:13 am

"The Seers are a borderline Ponzi scheme with Supernal power involved instead of money and headed up power hungry wannabe gods with blue and orange morality based on fucking everyone else in the world over. That's well adjusted in same sense that Donald Trump or Vlad Putin are well adjusted." Intrepid glanced over at Shrike. "Beacon is really out in the middle of nowhere."

The woman nodded. "Then it's a good thing that distance is a lie." She flashed a smirk. "Five minutes more. You're coming back with me right?"

Intrepid nodded. "Yep."

The woman smiled at Salem. "And you get to stay until he makes his decision, so I'll come back to pick you up when Beacon messages the Hierarch."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#204 » August 13th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Salem shrugged at the seer description, "It's a matter of perspective. You might can save a Seer. You can't save a Banisher."

"Yes, that's the plan. And Reality is a lie. We just have to master truth."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#205 » August 16th, 2016, 7:37 pm

"Save is a great concept, just like communism, that has proven difficult in practice." Intrepid smiled as they kept walking, turning with Shrike when she made a left onto a dirt road that appeared to be a country driveway.

"So we're almost there, house is at the end of the dirt road, maybe two hundred meters."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#206 » August 18th, 2016, 12:47 am

Salem laughed, "I dunno. I've never been involved in either really."

When Shrike gave mention to the location he nodded and put away his sense of humor, "Any last minute things I need to know?"
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#207 » August 20th, 2016, 1:47 am

"Remember who he is. A lot of people feel that they have the answers to the questions he is asking himself but nobody except him really understands those questions. He's been Awakened longer than any of us have been on earth and he's a third degree Master, don't waste his time by telling him to man up or anything like that. We all have our own internal battles, our own wars of the soul, and the last thing he needs is someone telling him how to find his way." Shrike shrugged. "Other than that don't be an asshole. Pretty simple."

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#208 » August 21st, 2016, 12:25 pm

Salem shrugged, "As long as he has himself put together enough to handle himself, that's his business."

He cracked a smile then added, "Besides, time is a lie, remember? Can't waste lies."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#209 » August 26th, 2016, 9:11 pm

At the end of the path, which passed for a driveway, they arrived at a peaceful looking two story cabin. It was possessed of a certain rustic, and certainly Canadian, appearance and as they approached Intrepid began to quietly hum a tune that got a laugh and a grin from Shrike.

At the front of the cabin was a covered porch and sitting in a chair in the shade of the porch was an older man with a mix of Asian and Caucasian features. He appeared to be in his sixties. There was no magic on the man, nor on the cabin, that Salem could see.

Shrike stopped before they reached him and nodded with respect. "Beacon, Magister of the Vox Draconis, might I present Salem of the Ungula Draconis. I believe you know Intrepid of the Visus Draconis."

The man nodded at each of them. "Come inside, I shall put on a pot of tea." He got up and went to the door, holding it open until Shrike arrived to keep it open for Intrepid and Salem.

Topic author
TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#210 » August 26th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Salem stayed just a hair behind the others, and smiled warmly at the greetings, and followed inside.

He raised an eyebrow about putting tea on, then laughed softly as his memory engaged, "Oh right. The rest of the world does hot tea. I keep forgetting that I'm the heathen out here."
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”