A Trio of Watsons (Salem, Mirv, Lilah)

The streets of Manhattan, constantly in the shadow of the towers in more ways than one. Here is where all Mage scenes and glimpses go.

Moderator: Mage Storytellers

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

A Trio of Watsons (Salem, Mirv, Lilah)

Post#1 » April 26th, 2016, 4:31 am

Each of the three Mages received a separate message. It was simple and direct: "Tompkins Square Park, 1 pm. There are two others joining you, when you all find each other I will join you all."

The park was decently busy over the noon hour as workers from the nearby shops escaped the indoors to enjoy a bit of the early spring weather and the opportunity to have a bit of lunch outside. They mixed with nannies talking while watching their charges, a skateboarding teenagers, a guy playing acoustic guitar versions of early 90's grunge rock tunes, a Priest and a Rabbi playing checkers and a pair of cops enjoying an extra long smoke break with coffees and fresh donuts.

So everyone roll Wits + Composure upon entering the scene. Highest number of successes spots one of the two other Mages - your choice - after everyone has rolled. Feel free to describe how you're finding them within the scope of your PC's stats and Arcana.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: A Trio of Watsons (Salem, Mirv, Lilah)

Post#2 » April 26th, 2016, 6:02 am

Mirvalad¦ Mastigos¦ Guardians of the Veil¦ Status (Consilium): 0 ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Mana: 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/6¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Gnosis:3 ¦ ¦

The weather was great, in Mirv's opinion.The Sun actually managed to warm you up a little, and he had a bagel with bacon and egg (he may or may not have Run around and tried out several stores while getting to know the city), further improving his mood. He also had coffee from "that" coffee Shop, since they apparently were the only ones that Served damn good coffee. He took a sip. " Alright!.. now, where's that Arrow...?" he mumbled while chewing, keeping a lookout on a bench, not bothering to appear unnassuming. He wore his washed-out Jeans and a black Coroner bandshirt underneath his open leather duster. "I really need to get a cowboy hat. One of these days..."
Doubtless, he could use his Aura sight. But that was not fun. And since he took Magic serious, Paradox even more, he decided to go all old school on their asses. After all, skills get rusty if you don't use them. And this appeared to be a Rare opportunity where lifes were not immediately on the line.
Having not much too go on only made it more challenging... and fun.
He checked every Person out and inspected their stance and bearing, deducing what it said about their character and considered whether they looked like they could handle themselves in a fight, whether they were combat experienced. If he was found sooner, he'd buy that man a cookie. Or a beer. But he doubted it.
There were quite a few people around, and he checked them one on one. This could take a while.
Fun times.

► Show Spoiler

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » April 26th, 2016, 11:04 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 7/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem was performing his version of the pocket checklist when he got out of his car. Briefcase with AR broken down in inside and spare ammo? Check. Pistol in both holsters under his jacket? check. Bulletproof vest? Check. Silencer in his inside jacket pocket? Check.

Dedicated tool, aviator sunglasses, and Italian leather jacket? Check, check, triple effing check.

Looking around the park, Salem put the shades down. Now how was he going to spot these people? His car was hardly 'subtle', so them finding him might be easier. He tugged at the old arrowhead necklace under his shirt, and then dropped it on the front. He wasn't feeling subtle either, and he still hadn't gotten much information about the people beyond 'Batman was calling a meeting'.

What was this, the meeting of Robins?

► Show Spoiler
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#4 » April 27th, 2016, 4:24 pm

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Lilah moved through the park to find a bench to sit on. She took a deep breath and exhaled it, throwing the bag that she had down in front of her. A small smile on her face as she took a drink of the Starbucks caramel.. Something or other that she had just got. She dug through the bag and pulled out her cell before she turned it off and closed back up the bag. She surveyed those around her, considering for a moment how on earth she was going to figure out who exactly she was suppose to be meeting. She grinned and pulled her bag back on her back, taking another drink. " Caffeine, check, sunglasses check..... Now let's go find some trouble, shall we..." She grinned to the mom that pushed the baby stroller before she headed down the path. Nice day for a walk anyways. She slipped on a pair of sunglasses with a grin, and began her slow saunter down the path through the park. She watched how people moved and carried themselves, body language would lead her to the people that she was suppose to meet. After all a guardian and an Arrow. She smiled to herself at what Doc had told her and she took another sip of her drink.

► Show Spoiler

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#5 » April 27th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Mirvalad¦ Mastigos¦ Guardians of the Veil¦ Status (Consilium): 0 ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 2¦ Mana: 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 6/6¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Gnosis:3 ¦ ¦

It wasn't too long before someone stepped out of an... attention-catching car.
The guy was even more interesting. He was obviously holding, and from the looks of it, even wore some protective armour. Either that or he had a really strange body type.
Mirv gaven an approving whistle through his teeth. If he was right, that guy played for keeps, coming packed like that. Even more, he seemed used to it, relaxed.
Mirv was sure that was his man and approached him carefully, not wanting to draw his attention just yet.
Then the guy pulled out his arrowhead necklace.
"Jackpot!" Mirv's grin threatened to split his head open.
He nonchallantly half-passed Mister Sunglasses, then spun around, falling to his side, and said "Fine day for shooting down a lunatic or two" with a straight face, tipping an imaginary cowboy hat.
He managed to keep his face straight for about 4 seconds. Then he grinned and wolfed down the rest of his bagel.
Nothing like a good first impression.

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#6 » April 27th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 4 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 7/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem regarded the man for a moment, then gave a smirk, "Technically, we are only allowed to shoot him if there is a problem with containment or if he shoots back."

He looked back at the Mach 1 and it's shining black paint, and clicked his key fob. Blue lights inside slowly died and he looked back to the man, "So I didn't get much information on the people I was meeting, and I don't know you. I don't suppose you happen to have proof of association on you?"
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#7 » April 27th, 2016, 9:40 pm

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Lilah grinned ear to ear as she watched the kids skipping, her mind wandering to somewhere, to something. She shifted the bag on her back, considering taking off the sweater that she wore. Perhaps she had dressed too warmly, but who knew how long this could take. She checked her watch, considering something, she scanned the people that wandered through the park and shook her head. Women, had to be women. Men were hardly ever late for anything. So, she started to observe the women that moved about and giggled to herself as she watched the fancy women walking by in their high heels. "Definitely not...." She continued to move with a shake of her head. She had a bounce in her step, almost childish. Sun was shining, birds were chirping and the caffeine was making her happier by the second. She popped the lid off and stuck her finger into the cup to get the remaining bit of whipped cream off the side as she continued to walk.

Topic author
Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » April 28th, 2016, 1:02 am

Okay roll off part 2 ... same pool, if one of the boys wins they notice the nice lady from the Mysterium, if she wins she notices Salem and Mirv. And yes I do enjoy the paranoia :P
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » April 28th, 2016, 1:08 am

► Show Spoiler
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#10 » April 28th, 2016, 1:46 am

► Show Spoiler

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » April 28th, 2016, 4:22 am

Mirvalad looked at Mister Arrow, eyes wide with disbelief.
" A.... a non-trigger-happy Arrow? Wow.... and so distrusting, to boot! New York sure IS different! I like you already!" He smiled, to Show he meant no offense.
Then he got serious.
"No, I got neither Info on you nor proof. Guess this little exercise is being conducted for a reason, though.. You made finding you easy, especially after pulling out your necklace. And no, I don't have Proof of association with me as a rule, keeps people guessing. We like it that way. I'm to be you guys' Personal bloodhound, by the way, Mirvalad ' s the name" he shrugged, then arched his head to look around. "I guess you'll know for sure when our Waldo Shows up. Now we just need to find our third guuuuuu..... " Astonishment plain on his face, his PI instincts Picked out someone in the crowd. She looked like she had little cares in the world, enjoying herself. She also looked confident, as if she knew her purpose... and she was waiting, definately definately waiting on someone. From her searching glances, she had no idea on whom, though. And something about her screamed "Mage!" at his senses. A faint Sense of umbridled joy of living in the now surrounded her.
Then she put her finger into her cup and licked the whipped cream off of it. He grinned and continued
"Strike that, I just found her.... and she is cute, man!", wiggling his eyebrows at his companion. Waving his hand at Lilah and whistling to get her attention, he finally was silent long enough for Salem to say something.

► Show Spoiler

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#12 » April 28th, 2016, 12:16 pm

Lilah wiped her hand on her pants, looking up from the task at hand as she heard the whistling. Probably wasn't for her, she had on occasion been whistled at but todsy being dressed in blue jeans, sturdy shoes, a light top, back pack and sweater through the arm of the bag she didn't see any reason for anyone to be whistling at her that shouldn't be discreet. She giggled when she saw the man that was waving, she nodded acknowledging him and then she waved back as though she knew him. She started to move towards him as her eyes shifted to his companion and she faltered. The grin faded for a moment. She looked as though she had seen a ghost, as she shook her head. She looked immediately around, this had to be a joke. It couldn't be. Her eyes must be playing tricks on her. Behind the glasses Lilah shut her eyes tightly and then reopened them, seeing stars she had clamped them shut so tightly.
She did a double take between the two and almost fell over the garbage can that she had detoured towards to throw the cup out. She blinked and looked down at it, throwing the cup out before she put her hands into her back pockets. She looked uncertain perhaps, seeming to study the two as she got closer and closer. She closed the distance between herself and the duo fairly quickly as though with a renewed sense of purpose. Shoulders back, chin up, she walked more with a confidence jay had disappeared for a brief moment. The closer she got, the more the smile widened. Within about five feet, she pulled the glasses to the top of her head, her hair falling down past her shoulders as it was all pushed back and she closed the rest of the gap.

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » April 28th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Salem chuckled, "I would be happy to put a bullet in him, but Batman wanted intel. Corpses talk, but I guess there's no reason to give him a chance to escape that easily."

Why did Guardians in this city keep finding him likable? It was weird.

He turned to look for Batgirl, and paused. His aviators came back off.

"Mirvalad, if you are fucking with me, I will shoot you." He paused to let that sink in, then added, "In the knee."
Last edited by TheBaconMage on April 28th, 2016, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#14 » April 28th, 2016, 12:56 pm

" There is a time for shooting stuff, and a time for less pleasent things" was intonated gravely.
He watched the girl. Her reaction was strange.
Then arrowhead got strange, too.
"Look..uh,dude... I don't like being threatened. At all. Is there a particular reason you get all scrumbled when a cute girl approaches y...Oh. " So much for feeling smart. So much for even odds. When the girl was there, he said with closed eyes " I take it I am the odd one out, huh?"

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » April 28th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Salem slapped Mirvalad on the shoulder, and gave him a friendly smile, "Relax. If I was really going to shoot you, I wouldn't have warned you." He smiled to Delilah, "We haven't seen each other in a few years. Shortly after my Awakening, and apparently before hers."

He tapped his sunglasses back down, and held out a hand to the lady, "Salem."
Last edited by TheBaconMage on April 28th, 2016, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mage:

Changeling:

Vampire:

Return to “In the Shadow of Towers”