Hobsville Firewood (Melody, Wormwood)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Hobsville Firewood (Melody, Wormwood)

Post#1 » June 23rd, 2016, 6:52 pm

Wormwood¦Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦ Active Contracts:

Wormwood went around foraging, trying to not get seperated to (o far from Melody. Despite looking around for half an hour, he only found bad or wet wood. None of which could be used. He decided to check on the birdy duo, see if they had more luck. "Hey Melody, ya found anythin'? Just a bunch o' useless twigs over here."

► Show Spoiler

Kagekeaton

Re: Hobsville Firewood (Melody, Wormwood)

Post#2 » June 24th, 2016, 12:24 am

Melody | Beast: Windwing| Courtless| Height: Really Short| Siren Song| Defense 3| Glamour 7/10| Health [] [] [] [] [] []| Willpower 3/4| Speed 11| Bluebird Companion| Active Contracts: Beast's Keen Senses: Eyes

She stared off into the distance and blinked a few times. ‘I don’t notice much of a differenceI think,’ she said squinting her eyes as though it might make a difference.

Well, is it easier or harder for you to look off into the distance now?”

UhhI think…’

Then you did nothing.” The bird hopped down and clung to the collar of the girls’ sweater. “Look at how mine look, and just focus on that. Got it?”

Beatrice noticed the pupils of the girls’ eyes retract, making the iris seem more and more solid, only to then open back up and rest in a dilated state. “See? Like I said, you have my eyes. You should be able to remember how to use them like that with time.”

Everything looks more crisp.’ Suddenly reminded of why they were out in the woods to begin with she answered back with, ‘UhNothing yet,’ as she threw a quick look around for anything that looked burnable. ‘Oh, hey! What about this?’

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » June 24th, 2016, 6:33 am

Wormwood¦Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦ Active Contracts:

The Tunnelgrub came over to take a look at the wood. "Well I'll be... Good find!" He gave her a smile. Then he took a look at her. Caution tinged his voice as he said "Erm...ya alright? Yar eyes are kind of..." He trailed off, not finishing the sentence.

Kagekeaton

Post#4 » June 26th, 2016, 8:20 am

Melody | Beast: Windwing| Courtless| Height: Really Short| Siren Song| Defense 3| Glamour 7/10| Health [] [] [] [] [] []| Willpower 3/4| Speed 11| Bluebird Companion| Active Contracts: Beast's Keen Senses: Eyes

She stared at him with a blank face. ‘Huh? Yeah, I feel fine. I can see a bit clearer now, but…,’ she blinked with an added eyelid as she paused.

I told you earlier, when we were still with the others. She has my eyes.” The bird positioned herself back on top of Melodys’ head. “She just needed a reminder on how to use them again."

Do my eyes look weird now?’

I should think there is nothing weird about my eyes, so no; your eyes are not weird.”

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#5 » June 26th, 2016, 8:24 pm

It took the winter a couple of seconds to make sense out of the discussion. "Oh. Erm, no they're fine. Look more like birdy's' is all. Surprised me, ya know?" He smiled at her."Good job findin' the firewood!" He almost patted her head, than realized that would be patronizing. Instead he started to gather some of the wood.
After some time, he asked the bluebird "How good is Melody at bein' quiet? If a fight breaks out, it might be best to have her hide away. Or do ya have somethin' up yer sleaves that could come in handy?"

Kagekeaton

Post#6 » July 1st, 2016, 5:25 am

Melody gave wormwood a blank stare as he seemed to fidget; as if he were indecisive over some thoughts.

"I have no clue. She barely seems to talk as is until she feels otherwise. I simply want to listen to her sing. If she unfortunately happens to meet with tragedy then I move on. I am not her guardian. I am her admirer." -Beatrice

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » July 1st, 2016, 6:28 am

Not wanting to push, Wormwood changed the topic. "Hm. Would ya sing somethin' for us later? Campfire and music are s'pposed to go well together." Another encouraging smile."How old are ya, anyway?"

Kagekeaton

Post#8 » July 1st, 2016, 3:13 pm

"Well, that's rather uncouth of you. You should never ask an avian their age. That's just common courtesy. Furthermore, I don't feel like singing, so no thanks." -Beatrice

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » July 1st, 2016, 3:21 pm

After some surprise, Wormwood smiled awkwardly and pointed at Melody "I, erm....was talking to her, actually."
He gave Melody another encouraging smile. "Well?"

Kagekeaton

Post#10 » July 5th, 2016, 7:27 am

Melody | Beast: Windwing| Courtless| Height: Really Short| Siren Song| Defense 3| Glamour 7/10| Health [] [] [] [] [] []| Willpower 4/4| Speed 11| Bluebird Companion| Active Contracts: None

'Well, um. If she doesn't want to sing, she shouldn't have to. I think?' Meldoy answered, completely missing the point.

"There, you see. It's not mannerly to pressure others into your cheerful imagination. Also, shouldn't we continue looking for sticks or something?"

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » July 5th, 2016, 9:06 am

"I...that's...." Wormwood was at a loss for words, then sighed, giving up for now. "Alright, I apologize. Let's keep looking, a little bit more should be enough." Shaking his head in confusion, the Darkling went off looking for wood, but despite his efforts, he was still too much in thought about the strange Changeling and the Bird, not finding anything useful.
► Show Spoiler

Kagekeaton

Post#12 » July 9th, 2016, 7:58 am

Melody | Beast: Windwing| Courtless| Height: Really Short| Siren Song| Defense 3| Glamour 7/10| Health [] [] [] [] [] []| Willpower 4/4| Speed 11| Bluebird Companion| Active Contracts: None

She saw a piece that was sticking partway out of a small shrub bush. 'Found one.'

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » July 9th, 2016, 8:54 am

Apparently, frustration can be a motivator, and a good one at that. The Darkling found a few dry looking branches and gathered them up. "Me too." Finally, that is. Wormwood helped Melody gather up her wood, taking some himself to "more evenly distribute the weight".... Then he said "Looks like we have enough for a while. Let's head back!"
As they made their way back, he decided to have another go. "Say, Melody, how old are ya?"
► Show Spoiler

Kagekeaton

Post#14 » July 21st, 2016, 10:40 pm

I’m not sure. When I try to think about it numbers just keep getting jumbled around, but nothing really stands out.’

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » July 22nd, 2016, 11:55 am

"Huh. Well, tell me somethin' about yaself, maybe it'll help. Like, what do ya like to eat, what bands do ya like, which presidents do ya know, what're yer hobbies?"

Return to “The Great Stage”