PledgeQuest (Blackmaw)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: PledgeQuest (Blackmaw)

Post#46 » June 16th, 2016, 12:20 am

The search took a few minutes and was more thorough than any search a cop would do... it was so thorough it was surprising the latex gloves were not brought out. The men nodded and moved aside allowing the duo to head inside. The smell of cigar smoke hit Blackmaw's nostrils. The lounge had a dense layer of smoke hanging in the air. A man sat in a leather chair to one side of the room, only his sleeve and the glass of whiskey was visible. There was a cough "Miss Vivian... we meet again" the voice came from the living room.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#47 » June 16th, 2016, 6:53 am

Blackmaw¦ Ogre Gristlegrinder¦ Summer Courtier ¦ Mantle 1 ¦ ¦ Giant Merit ¦ Defense: 2¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 9/9 ¦ Wyrd: 2 ¦ Speed 12¦

That process was all but comfortable. Usually, Blackmaw would have been impressed by the competence, but under the circumstances, it simply fanned his fury. He pushed his feelings deep into his gut, and stayed as calm outwardly as could be expected. Keeping in check like this better be earning him some points. Vivian understanding what he put up with would be a start.
When they were done, he simply breathed hard through his nose, and entered the building at Vivian's side. " Very film noir" was all he said when he smelled the smoke. He looked around, lost in... thought? Maybe it was a stroll down memory lane for a second.
The greeting was nearly drowned out by the grinding of black stone teeth on each other. Blackmaw hadn't even realized he had started to do that, and immediatly stopped.
"Sounds like an old 'friend'. Want to say hello?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#48 » June 25th, 2016, 8:37 pm

Lady Vivian ¦ Darkling ¦ Antiquarian ¦ Archivist ¦ Spring Mantle: 1 ¦ Character Page

Vivian made her way into the lounge and took a seat. "Ricardo, how are you?"

The man was in his late 50's, Hispanic origin wearing a pinstripe suit. "I am good. What brings you to my neck of the woods?"

"You know, this and that. Investigating a couple of things out of personal curiosity."

The man smiled weakly. "Who's this? New Assistant?" he was looking at Blackmaw.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#49 » June 25th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Blackmaw¦ Ogre Gristlegrinder¦ Summer Courtier ¦ Mantle 1 ¦ ¦ Giant Merit ¦ Defense: 2¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 9/9 ¦ Wyrd: 2 ¦ Speed 12¦

Blackmaw just followed Vivian and stood beside her, not saying anything until adressed. He answered with a gruff "Sort of."
He looked at Ricardo, considering if he posed a threat, or he should threaten him. He decided to play nice for now, let Vivian do her thing, if that won't work out, he could still take off the kids' gloves. He forced himself to smile and said "Lady Vivian's wellbeing is my job."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#50 » June 28th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Lady Vivian ¦ Darkling ¦ Antiquarian ¦ Archivist ¦ Spring Mantle: 1 ¦ Character Page

"She is a very lucky lady I dare say."

Vivian smiled "You know what the boss is like. Likes to make sure his girls are taken care of." She paused for a moment "I was just wondering how our deal is working out for you. I trust the issue has not cropped up again."

"That is absolutely fine." he raised an eyebrow. "Why, is it suddenly going to crop up."

Vivian laughed "Oh god no, I just like to check in and make sure nothing has changed."

"Well, now that you mention it...." He stood up and made his way to a drinks cabinet.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#51 » June 28th, 2016, 4:54 pm

The Gristlegrinder Positioned himself between Ricardo and Vivian and got ready to charge, in case there was more than just Drinks in there. "Sounds like something has changed."
Blackmaw stated a fact rather than ask a question.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#52 » July 7th, 2016, 9:53 pm

"Well..." He started to pour various bottles of alcohol into a cocktail shaker. "A woman came to visit, strange dress sense. Looked like some modern take on Gothic Victorian style clothing." He chuckled to himself. "Asked me to break our deal by telling someone outside of the agreed loop. Someone like her."

"How did she know about our deal?"

"I don't know but she knew. Wouldn't tell me. I even said what would be the point telling her the details of a deal I did years ago when she already seemed to know the particulars."

"Did you tell her? Any idea who she was?"

"Of course not. No idea but she seemed to think she was some sort of Queen." He laughed. "Even offered me a deal" He removed three glasses from a cabinet. "Apple Martini anyone?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#53 » July 8th, 2016, 7:31 pm

Blackmaw had little clue about what happened there, but he could tell this was bad news even without any sort of reference frame.
"No, thank you. On the clock."
Blackmaw looked at Ricardo. Something smelled fishy. If he hadn't broken the pledge, who had? He started to get impatient.
Breath, Marcus.
Wusa.
"So she just walked out? What did she offer?"
Last edited by vonRiva on July 18th, 2016, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#54 » July 14th, 2016, 12:18 am

"$10,000,000 along with the Feds and Cops off our case for life."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#55 » July 18th, 2016, 6:12 am

Blackmaw glanced over to Vivian.
"A pretty deal. Anyone else that could've accepted it in your stead?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#56 » July 19th, 2016, 11:19 pm

"No one other than myself could have authorized it. I told her to hit the road.

► Show Spoiler
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#57 » July 20th, 2016, 6:26 am

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#58 » July 24th, 2016, 12:30 am

Blackmaw could not place his finger on it but something about the whole situation was off.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#59 » July 25th, 2016, 6:18 pm

Blackmaw¦ Ogre Gristlegrinder¦ Summer Courtier ¦ Mantle 1 ¦ ¦ Giant Merit ¦ Defense: 2¦ Glamour : 4/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 9/9 ¦ Wyrd: 2 ¦ Speed 12¦

Okay, THAT'S IT. Tried playing nice. F*CK it. Gonna do this MY way now. The Ogre exploded, letting out some steam by tapping into his Contract of Stone as he reached for Ricardo.

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#60 » July 26th, 2016, 12:49 am

► Show Spoiler
Matt

Mage:
Apollo