PledgeQuest (Blackmaw)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: PledgeQuest (Blackmaw)

Post#16 » April 22nd, 2016, 10:09 pm

Lady Vivian ¦ Darkling ¦ Antiquarian ¦ Archivist ¦ Spring Mantle: 1 ¦ Character Page

"The Pledge is between the freehold and the gang. It provides money into the freehold."
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#17 » April 23rd, 2016, 5:21 am

Blackmaw¦ Ogre Gristlegrinder¦ Summer Courtier ¦ Mantle 1 ¦ ¦ Giant Merit ¦ Defense: 2¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 9/9 ¦ Wyrd: 2 ¦ Speed 12¦

Gang money. Now that tasted bad. Still, a deal is a deal is a deal. Blackmaw indicated his understanding with another short nod.
"In exchange... ?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#18 » April 24th, 2016, 2:56 pm

Lady Vivian ¦ Darkling ¦ Antiquarian ¦ Archivist ¦ Spring Mantle: 1 ¦ Character Page

"At the time the feds were on their backs regarding a couple of cases. We managed to get them off their case in exchange for $1,000,000. Naturally that was the only price they knew but there was a pledge involved. Generally mortals we make pledges with are unaware of the pledge and these guys are no different. The pledge provided money into the freehold for a decade. Naturally the cash does not come from them, its provided by the wyrd."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#19 » April 24th, 2016, 6:36 pm

Blackmaw¦ Ogre Gristlegrinder¦ Summer Courtier ¦ Mantle 1 ¦ ¦ Giant Merit ¦ Defense: 2¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 9/9 ¦ Wyrd: 2 ¦ Speed 12¦

A grunt indicated understanding. "Just making sure 'I will not bash your head in if you step out of line' was something we promised in return." He winked, showing it was a joke. Or maybe he didn't. It was hard to tell.
"What could make a pledge go haywire and dripple out like that? Gangboss dying?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#20 » April 27th, 2016, 9:51 pm

Vivian chuckled "I think that would have been easier. The contract itself is between the organizations rather than individuals so the boss dying would not cause it to stop working." One of the Bar staff entered from a side door and nodded at the Spring.

"The Car is here." she picked up her handbag and started to make her way out of the club.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#21 » April 28th, 2016, 3:45 am

Blackmaw nodded and got up to follow her silently. He was quietly for a time.
When they reached the car, he quietly asked "Gang dissolving, then?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#22 » May 1st, 2016, 10:49 pm

They had made their way into the car, a black Mercedes and were making their way towards Queens. "Not as far as I am aware. As far as I know they are still going strong."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#23 » May 2nd, 2016, 6:52 am

There was no indication Blackmaw had heard her. Before they arrived, he just said "You talk. You want me to do something, give a signal. If I think we should have a look at something, I'll tell you. One of the guys misplaces his hands, I rip them off. Sounds like a plan?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#24 » May 3rd, 2016, 10:25 am

She chuckled "Sounds like a plan" the car was making good time and was currently speeding through the Queens Mid-Town tunnel.

"A bit of a personal question. Why New York?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#25 » May 3rd, 2016, 4:49 pm

Blackmaw snorted. "I'm from Queens. Not about to move away because of something like this" he indicated himself with a handgesture. "I was a copper. Called to Serve and protect, all that jazz. Some things don't change."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#26 » May 7th, 2016, 9:08 pm

"You had much to do with gangs during your time in the force?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#27 » May 7th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Negating headshake. "Not much. Small time crooks, thieves, pickpockets mostly. Gangbangers were the exception."
He looked at her from the corner of his eyes."You?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#28 » May 8th, 2016, 5:08 pm

"Some. I am no expert though, there are others in my court who deal with that kind of thing."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#29 » May 8th, 2016, 6:02 pm

" Yet you are here instead of those experts." It wasn't a question.
"Anything else before arrive there? Codewords to have me do something?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#30 » May 11th, 2016, 9:01 pm

"I record all the pledges and know all the details so it made sense for myself to deal with it as I will be more likely to see why its broken than they are. They may not be as good with pledge subtlety's."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The Great Stage”