PledgeQuest (Blackmaw)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

PledgeQuest (Blackmaw)

Post#1 » February 23rd, 2016, 1:34 pm

Vivian had arranged a meeting location, the Famous Nightclub that was owned by the Spring Court in hells kitchen. Blackmaw had been instructed by the Summer Queen to help on this task and from their conversation it was clear this was his test.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: PledgeQuest (Blackmaw)

Post#2 » February 23rd, 2016, 2:48 pm

Blackmaw¦ Ogre Gristlegrinder¦ Summer Courtier ¦ Mantle 1 ¦ ¦ Giant Merit ¦ Defense: 2¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 9/9 ¦ Wyrd: 2 ¦ Speed 12¦

Blackmaw arrived with time to spare. It's not like he had much else to do today, and he prefered to be too soon rather than too late.
He wore a large brown jacket, in an attempt to hide some of his build, and pants as well as shoes that allowed for running, in case he had to move around quickly. No one tried to stop him from entering with that look; if he had not been that large, he would have looked rather unremarkable. He did not know what his test would be, but he was confident he would manage.
Since he did not want to attract any more attention than necessary, he positioned himself so he would be slightly out of sight of (and more importantly, away from) the clubgoers, but not hard to find for Vivian or other people that knew about his being here.
He watched the happy people around him, and grunted "Hmph.". He was not disparingly judging them, nor was it jealousy. It was less a statement about the people and more an expression of hunger. The club smelled tasty.
He was not impatient, either. He had learned patience the hard way.

And so, he waited.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » February 26th, 2016, 6:58 pm

► Show Spoiler
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#4 » March 1st, 2016, 7:24 pm

Lady Vivian ¦ Darkling ¦ Antiquarian ¦ Archivist ¦ Spring Mantle: 1 ¦ Character Page

It wasn't long before a woman walked out of an office door, it was obviously a woman who strengthened her mien. An odd, rather faint sound could be heard around her... the sound of crickets chirping in the night.

She approached Blackmaw and smiled "Mr Blackmaw I presume?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#5 » March 1st, 2016, 8:46 pm

Blackmaw¦ Ogre Gristlegrinder¦ Summer Courtier ¦ Mantle 1 ¦ ¦ Giant Merit ¦ Defense: 2¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 5/5¦ Health : 9/9 ¦ Wyrd: 2 ¦ Speed 12¦

Blackmaw nodded. "You know my name. What is yours?".
The sound of crickets was oddly comforting. He eyed her curiously.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#6 » March 2nd, 2016, 10:57 pm

Lady Vivian ¦ Darkling ¦ Antiquarian ¦ Archivist ¦ Spring Mantle: 1 ¦ Character Page

It was daytime, the club more or less empty apart from a few staff getting on with their duties. "I am lady Vivian, the Spring Archivist. Part of my job is to record the pledges that keep our freehold supplied, money, glamour, protection and that stuff. Although that is only a small part."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#7 » March 2nd, 2016, 11:04 pm

"Right, you were the one that arranged the meeting." He was silent for a second.
"I see. What is the other part?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#8 » March 6th, 2016, 2:57 pm

"I am the courts historian. A role many would find boring I am afraid." She paused and smiled for a moment.

"The Spring court maintains the web of pledges that keep the freehold supplied. It keeps the hollow commons safe, provides glamour, money... things we need. Previously these things have been running fine, however for some strange reason.... a couple of the pledges have recently started to break. Not enough to cause a problem, but enough to cause concern."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » March 6th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Eyebrows furrowed. "Sounds ominous. Bad." He stared into the air, thinking.
"Where do I come in?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#10 » March 9th, 2016, 2:16 pm

"I need help investigating why some of these pledges have broken. For you its specifically one, a pretty big one but it takes us into the territory of gang land. So having some muscle with me conveys the correct image and helps in case things turn bad."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#11 » March 9th, 2016, 4:02 pm

Blackmaw stared at her for a split second, then nodded once, sharply."Alright." He seemed to think about something, then added
"Which gang do we pay a visit?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#12 » April 6th, 2016, 3:29 pm

"The gang is called , Sureno 13. They are located around Roosevelt Avenue in Jackson Heights over in Queens. Their territory is being hotly contested by other gangs such as M-18, the Killer heights loyalty , Sombra Negra, 18th street... you get the idea."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#13 » April 7th, 2016, 12:15 am

Blackmaw nodded. Some of those names were familiar from a life long past.
Should not a problem.
"We can go now, if you want to. Unless there is something else I should know."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#14 » April 10th, 2016, 1:57 pm

"Excellent! I will have the car pick us up now."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#15 » April 11th, 2016, 1:44 am

Getting up with a goal in mind, Blackmaw Rose to his fell height, not attempting to hide any longer. The Giant Ogre followed the smaller Darkling, a slightly comedic image. While they walked, his Grumbling voice hang in the air again:
"What is this pledge about? And with whom was it made?"

Return to “The Great Stage”