I'm going on an adventure!... to get a Book (Wormwood)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: I'm going on an adventure!... to get a Book (Wormwood)

Post#76 » February 4th, 2016, 10:43 pm

The locks clicked, Wormwood making easy work of the job. Inside the safe sat his prize... the book.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#77 » February 4th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Wormwood¦ Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦ Active Contracts: Skinmask

Not wanting to waste much time, he snagged it, closed the safe and carefully made his way back.

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#78 » February 4th, 2016, 11:09 pm

Queen Kaito ¦ Elemental, Snowskin/ Mirrorskin ¦ Winter Mantle: 5 ¦ Presence 4: Regal ¦ Striking Looks 4: 'There's something about Mary Kaito ¦ Wyrd: 6
Wormwood wasn't even a block away when the house Alarm started to wail. No doubt someone had noticed. He had managed to get 2 or 3 blocks away when he heard a 'beep' from an Alley Way. A figure stepped out and smiled at him.

"Not Bad" she was holding a stopwatch. She smiled and gestured for him to follow her. She began to slowly walk down the Alley. A cop car sped past as Wormwood joined her.

"So, what went well? " She held a hand out for the book.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#79 » February 4th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Wormwood¦ Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦ Active Contracts: Skinmask

Had she seriously been taking his time?!
He hoped he set a new record.

He Handed her the book. Then he thought aloud:
"Hmm.. the lockpickin'. That went rather well. The sneakin'? Not my Best work. The social Engineerin' attempt was a waste of time in regards to this task. The scoutin' on the other hand went smoothly. So, lockpickin' and scoutin'. Those were good."

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#80 » February 4th, 2016, 11:21 pm

Queen Kaito ¦ Elemental, Snowskin/ Mirrorskin ¦ Winter Mantle: 5 ¦ Presence 4: Regal ¦ Striking Looks 4: 'There's something about Mary Kaito ¦ Wyrd: 6
Kaito carried the book beside her as she continued walking. "Okay, and if you went back and did it again.... what would you have done differently?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#81 » February 4th, 2016, 11:30 pm

He grimaced. "Organized a better distraction. Made use of Nevertread. And a different Skinmask, maybe. Wouldnt have infiltrated the security group though. You wanted it quickly, so I rushed where I felt confident I would manage, and I'd do that again." He gave her a sidelook."So. What does that book do?"

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#82 » February 5th, 2016, 12:50 am

Kaito smiled and opened the book. "Well I saw one glaring thing.... you went straight for your target in the City Hall Lobby. His assistant actually stopped to get them coffee, she would have been a much easier way in and probably with an appointment to do maintenance too." As she spoke words seemed to write themselves on the page... as they were happening.

"Well I saw one glaring thing.... you went straight for your target in the City Hall Lobby. His assistant actually stopped to get them coffee, she would have been a much easier way in and probably with an appointment to do maintenance too." The Winter Queen replied. It was often a teaching moment with Kaito, not because she wanted her court to be the best but because she wanted them to be the best. Some day it could save their life.

The Winter Queen smiled at Wormwood and stopped walking, that also got written on the page. She removed a pen and began to write the next line. "Wormwood walked forward four paces, stopping as he tripped on a small stone lodged into the dirt.

The text disappeared and she continued to walk. Sure enough, wormwood took 4 paces, tripped on a small stone lodged into the dirt.

"Too dangerous for a politician to have got their hands on.... Too dangerous for anyone to get their hands on really."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#83 » February 5th, 2016, 7:01 am

Wormwood¦ Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦ Active Contracts:

Wormwood stared with wide eyes when he tripped, making his Mien eyes seem even larger."I agree. Thank god his fantasy was so limited. Ya puttin' it away?"[/colo]
After a while he said [color=#8000FF]"Ah, damn, completely forgot about that. You're right- amateur move. Don't really know why I did that. But hey! You Heard the whole my-political-enemy-is-corrupt-thing. Any Truth to that, or was he intending on using that?"
. He gestured towards the book.
► Show Spoiler

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#84 » February 5th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Kaito closed the book. "Yes, this is going to be locked away to keep it safe."

"As for our political friend. He is an ambitious man, and the only republican councilor not on Staten island. He got to where he was by cheating and I am sure he would do it to advance even further given the opportunity. I didn't hear the actual conversation in the office but my guess is that he was going to use your reporting skills to take down a rival. Once he got home write whatever rubbish he was feeding you into this book so you would find it."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#85 » February 5th, 2016, 10:14 pm

Wormwood¦ Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦ Active Contracts:

"'Well, good thing he'll have to lie like all the others now"
he walked beside her silently.
"Well, what now?"

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#86 » February 5th, 2016, 10:34 pm

Kaito smiled. "You have passed the test, I will announce it at the coronation next week." she handed him two pieces of paper. One with contact numbers, the other with an address and also details how to get into the freeholds hollow commons.

"The one with the address and hollow information. Memorize it and destroy it."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#87 » February 6th, 2016, 12:24 am

"Thanks for having me."
He burned the message into his mind and then literally burned it.
"What about the other? "

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#88 » February 6th, 2016, 12:47 am

"Contact numbers for members of the court and important people in the freehold. Most of the winter court have burner phones so they can change numbers in a heartbeat. Send me a text with yours and I will make sure everyone has it. I will also make sure you get your invite to the Coronation."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Topic author
vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#89 » February 6th, 2016, 1:03 am

He nodded.
"Thank you. I will see to it. Soo.... what about the pledge?"

Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#90 » February 6th, 2016, 1:21 am

"I tend to leave that for a couple of months, gives you time to get used to things here. If you decide the New York Winter Court is not for you then you are not stuck here for a year and a day."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The Great Stage”