Meeting The Winter Court (Wormwood)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Meeting The Winter Court (Wormwood)

Post#1 » November 10th, 2015, 9:12 pm

The Hedge Rail ran all across Northern America and was the quickest means of transport to get from A to B. The journey from anywhere to anywhere was a total of 29 minutes. The train pulled into the station, steam immediately began to rush from a release value somewhere behind the wheels. The train was pretty empty, sharing the entire carriage with a couple of hob market traders who were heading to the stock exchange.

Wormwood managed to make his way off the train, the hobs from his carriage and a couple from another made their way off the platform onto the nearest trod.

The platform was empty for a few seconds, the train engineers opened one of the carriage doors to check the train. The wind blew, the door of the carriage swung shut. Behind it stood a woman, she smiled at him.

► Show Spoiler
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Re: Meeting The Winter Court (Wormwood)

Post#2 » November 11th, 2015, 9:05 am

Wormwood¦ Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦

Wormwood attempted to, but didn't manage to return the smile, displaying a mix of grumpiness and sadness. His expression hardly changed when he spoke up. "You here to pick me up?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » November 11th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Queen Kaito ¦ Elemental, Snowskin/ Mirrorskin ¦ Winter Mantle: 5 ¦ Presence 4: Regal ¦ Striking Looks 4: 'There's something about Mary Kaito ¦ Wyrd: 6

The woman chuckled and moved forward "Not Exactly." she paused "I am not the pick up kind of girl." a small smirk appeared in the corner of her mouth "I heard you were coming and figured you would be looking for me."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#4 » November 11th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Wormwood¦ Darkling Tunnelgrub ¦ Winter Courtier ¦ Mantle 2 ¦ ¦ ¦ Defense: 3¦ Glamour : 5/10 ¦ Willpower: 4/4¦ Health : 7/7 ¦ Wyrd:1 ¦ Speed 11¦

"Huh? What d'y..." Realization dawned upon him. His eyes widened, and Wormwood started stammering a little: "Oh. I'm so sorry, I did not realize who I was talkin' to, Miss... My Que... erm... do I address you as Your Majesty?"
He was a little perplexed by the suddeness of the situation, as could be seen clearly on his face.
Last edited by vonRiva on November 17th, 2015, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » November 11th, 2015, 10:09 pm

Queen Kaito ¦ Elemental, Snowskin/ Mirrorskin ¦ Winter Mantle: 5 ¦ Presence 4: Regal ¦ Striking Looks 4: 'There's something about Mary Kaito ¦ Wyrd: 6

"I am Queen Kaito of Winter, although just Kaito will do. I try not to stand on ceremony unless its absolutely required." she smiled "There is no need to worry. I have been told I have a nasty habit of popping up in places."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#6 » November 11th, 2015, 10:24 pm

"Okay.. Kaito. Erm. Thanks for droppin' by so quickly?" He shook his head a little. One deep breath. "I must admit, I did not expect to see the Queen of Winter this quickly. But, since you are here, I assume you know why I am here. The whole Pledgin' to the Winter Court business. Am I right to think that you bein' here is a good sign?"
Last edited by vonRiva on November 17th, 2015, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#7 » November 13th, 2015, 11:40 pm

"My turning up is very rarely a good thing" she chuckled "We can deal with the pledging business later. It just so happens that a job has come up that requires your skill set if you are interested."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#8 » November 16th, 2015, 2:53 pm

What's that supposed to mean?, he thought. I thought meeting Royalty is some kind'a honour.
Nonetheless, Wormwood's face split into a wide grin.
"That's fine by me, I'm always up for some honest work! What issit that the Que-, I mean that you need me for?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#9 » November 16th, 2015, 4:45 pm

"Steven Matteo, the city councilor for district 50 on Staten island has acquired an object that he doesn't understand. A token, one that he stumbled upon by chance many years ago. He is one of the only two Republican Councilors in the city and was set to lose his seat. However when he won something seemed off. News has reciently hit me about a book, a book he seems to think is magic and gives it the credit for winning his campaign. From what I understand so far he keeps the book under lock and key. We need to remove that dangerous item from his person."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#10 » November 16th, 2015, 6:32 pm

"Hm.." said Wormwood thoughtfully, rubbing his chin. High profile target, at the very least decent protection, some details unclear yet. Sounds like unusual, but not too uncommon or even unprecedented work. Seems. This is the Queen of the Winter Court, after all. So... is this a test? Is this purely coincidental?
Meh, he won't back down anyway. This could prove a great oppurtunity to garner a favour from the Winter Court, maybe the Queen herself. That alone would be worth almost any danger. Wormwood looked her straight in the eye: "Well, you can count me in. However, I need to know a few things."
He started calculating. Getting in via the bureaucratic route? Possible. He should have an old identity on the shelf somewhere he could modify to fit the bill. Sneaking in? Would need some observation first. Hm... Pizzaboy-cover? Works like a charm usually. People never catch on to that one. Security was another matter. At the very least, he'd have to deal with people and security systems, maybe dogs.... maybe more?
You could see the gears working. Then he realized, he had been silent for a while. As had the Quee- Kaito.
Something was nagging him about this. Something about her tone...
"First of, how much time do I have? I could pull that job alone, but that would take a few weeks to months min. From what you said, this seems rather urgent. So what's my window?
Secondly, do you have additional information where that book is kept?
Thirdly, the book: Can it be handled safely, or do I need special equipment to carry it around? Any advice on handlin', like, is it safe to touch?
And finally... What's innit for me?"
He gave her a quizzical look, not really sure what to expect. Or why his tongue was quicker than his head.
He blamed his haggling habit.
Last edited by vonRiva on November 17th, 2015, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#11 » November 17th, 2015, 12:35 am

"As soon as you possibly can would be ideal. Where as the token isn't so dangerous he is killing people it is still in the wrong hands. As for the book, when he doesn't have it with him he keeps it in a safe in the library. You won't need any special equipment to handle it."

"As for what is in it for you" she raised an eyebrow. "Succeed and I will have no option but to accept you into the court. Part of the pledge is giving 1 days service to the court, some give more on a voluntary basis. Those people usually find themselves climbing that ladder a lot quicker. For the sake of good accounting we can backdate those days."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#12 » November 17th, 2015, 8:17 am

So it was some kind of exam. Sounds fair enough.
"No, backdatin' won't be needed, I prefer a fresh start. What I did up to now was not as a member of the Court, claimin' it like that sounds improper to me somehow. This was just for clarifyin' somethin' for me."
He smiled at her, shyly one might say.
"Well, I'm on it. I might need to bring in outsiders as tools of distraction to hurry up things if I can't help it, that okay with you?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#13 » November 19th, 2015, 1:18 am

Kaito smiled "You bring in whoever you need to bring in, I am not a big fan of micro-management. I trust members of the court to do whatever they need to do to get the job done."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

vonRiva
Intern
Intern

Post#14 » November 19th, 2015, 12:30 pm

"Suits me fine. Well then, I better get goin'. One last thing: How do I get the word out once I've got it?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#15 » November 20th, 2015, 7:40 pm

The Winter Queen smiled "I will know... As its your first mission I will be watching."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The Great Stage”