It's Elementary My Dear (Ione)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

It's Elementary My Dear (Ione)

Post#1 » October 14th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Ione had a few days off which had luckily landed on a few nice days, at least for this time of year when the weather had just started to turn. It was cloudy and on the warm side, it didn't look like there was a chance of rain at least not today. Having picked up a coffee at her favorite local barista she made her way down the street. In the distance she could hear the joyful laughing, shouting, screaming from the local Elementary School who were currently in the playground in front of the school. It didn't take long for her to be passing the school, a tennis ball flew over the fence landing by her feet.

"Excuse me Miss!" It was the sound of a Young boy currently at the fence. By Ione's guess he was around 5 or 6 years old. "Can we have our ball back please?"
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Re: It's Elementary My Dear (Ione)

Post#2 » October 14th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 9/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking | Contracts:

Ione was feeling marginally better since they had dashed the evil queen's plans. Gathering some glamour off a few mortals necking in the park had helped, although she wrinkled her nose a little. Someday she wanted to never have to harvest glamour again.

She blinked when the tennis ball landed at her feet, and without a thought, she picked up the ball and threw it back over the fence.

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » October 15th, 2015, 12:13 am

"Thanks Miss!" The boy went running after the ball as it rolled along the concrete playground.

Can Ione roll wits+comp for me please :)
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#4 » October 15th, 2015, 12:18 am

Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 9/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking | Contracts:

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » October 15th, 2015, 12:35 am

Most of the children were happy, however one managed to catch Ione's eye. A little girl, probably 5 or 6 who seemed sad and upset. The Teachers on duty had not seemed to notice the child who had relegated herself to the corner of the school playground. Something seemed to catch Iones eye, flying down from the rooftop slowly it made its way passed the teachers and other children who didn't seem to see it.

It was no bigger than 8" tall, its wings sparkled in the light. It flew across the school yard, making its way to the little girl.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#6 » October 15th, 2015, 12:51 am

While a child hiding in the corner of the playground was not unusual, the tiny little winged fae was. Alarm shot through Ione, and she moved to stand near the sad little girl sitting in the corner. She remained on the outside of the fence so as not to alarm the little girl or the nearby teachers. Still, she prepared herself to climb over the fence if need be.

She frowned as she studied the little faerie creature, trying to figure out what it was exactly. Just in case it was something dangerous, she texted Todd.

'Tiny winged faerie at a playground. Possible threat?'

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#7 » October 15th, 2015, 6:42 pm

The Fairy continued to move, whispering into the childs ear. The child seemed to pause for a moment and started to talk back. Iones phone Buzzed.

"Probably, things that leave the hedge to operate often are."

Ione had never seen this particular creature before, the freehold had a generous occult library and Ione had only managed to read part of it. At this point she had a few possible options. Thanks to a book she recalled called "The Pocketbook of Pocket Sized Fairies"

1. It could have possibly been a Nymph, In Greek Mythology they were a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or land form. In legend they were very skittish and shyed away from mortals. The book seemed to suggest that when left alone they did not really bother the lost. Although when one got in the way of the Nymph's plans they could be nasty pieces of work.
  2. It could have been an Erlking, a small fairy that preys on small children.
  3. It could have been a Bogle , they are reputed to live for the simple purpose of torturing young children who disobey their mothers, or of punishing those who are lazy, incontinent (lacking self-restraint), or guilty of crimes.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#8 » October 15th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 8/8 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 9/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking | Contracts:

Ioned narrowed her eyes at the little faerie as it whispered to the child. It certainly didn't seem skittish or afraid of the little mortal child, which meant it likely wasn't a nymph. That left either an erlking or a bogle, neither of which meant any good. It was possibly something else entirely, but she didn't want to risk the child.

She climbed over the fence, completely failing in her attempt to do it quietly to avoid notice, and glared at the tiny winged creature. "Leave the little one be. She is not for you."

She couldn't help but remember the nopporo bo shaped as a child that she had shot to death. Even after death, it had looked like a dead little girl. Ione had no desire to see that again.

She would protect the child from whatever had come out of the hedge.

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#9 » October 15th, 2015, 10:23 pm

The Fairy buzzed angrily, quickly making its way towards the roof of the school. It was far too easy to be over.

A teacher noticing Ione walked towards the fence. "Can I help you miss?"

► Show Spoiler
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#10 » October 15th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 8/8 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 8/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking | Contracts:

Ione gave the woman a quick smile and showed the teacher her business card identifying her as a lawyer. "I have a client thinking about suing the school. Before we file anything, I wanted to get a feel for the school as well as talk to some of the kids and teachers to see if the suit had any merit."

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#11 » October 16th, 2015, 8:12 pm

The teacher frowned "Well then Miss" he looked at the card. "I would suggest you go through the correct channels rather that solicit children at the school fence." He paused and pocketed the card. "For one... I am pretty sure you understand exactly how that looks. Two, you shouldn't be talking to a child without its parents or the proper authorities present. Three You need to get permission from the parents or file the applicable paperwork and four I don't care who your clients are but what kind of low life sues a school."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#12 » October 17th, 2015, 2:22 am

Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 8/8 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 9/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking | Contracts:

Ione gave him a bright smile. "As you wish." She calmly walked off, debating her next course of action. It was possible the little faerie would leave the child alone since it had been warned off, but she didn't want to take the risk.

Once out of the school yeard, she studied the roof of the school, trying to spot the little faerie.

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#13 » October 17th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Seeing on to the school roof was virtually impossible. The school building was 2 stories high, and the brick of the school continued past the roof to form a protective wall for when people had to go up there. Ione had not spotted the fairy fly away which meant it was still up there, there was a hedge gate on the roof or it had flown off and Ione had not seen it.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#14 » October 19th, 2015, 12:02 am

Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 8/8 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 8/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking | Contracts:

Ione looked around to see if there was a coffee shop or something near the school she could sit and wait in to watch for the return of the little faerie. Surely there had to be someplace nearby she could sit at for a while without drawing suspicion.

► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#15 » October 19th, 2015, 9:19 pm

The good thing about Manhattan was there was always a coffee shop nearby, it happened to be on the opposite side of the school at the other end of the baseball pitch.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The Great Stage”