Problems in the East [Patrick]

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Problems in the East [Patrick]

Post#1 » October 13th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Winter Safe house #7, Staten Island

Winter Safe house number 7 had a special importance for the Winter Court of New York City. It wasn't bold, it wasn't garish. In fact it blended into its scenery rather well and as far as anyone could tell it was an actual church and certainly had not been converted into a rather comfortable living / business space. One of its attractions was that it had a fallout shelter, not that they ever expected to use it. It was good to be prepared. It wasn't even the Japanese influences that had clearly been taken with its designs... mainly only 1 actual bedroom and sleep pods in rows in the basement. It was the fact that Safe House number 7 was the Home away from home as it were. The Real Winter court HQ, not the one contained within the Hollow Commons which was mostly for show and public business.

The building was secure, only two people had keys. The Winter Queen herself and Patrick and both keys needed to be used to gain access. The house always had an On Duty Winter, someone to man the phone and monitor the 'situation'. Other Winters would usually be on call from various other locations but in reality anyone could be called upon in a moment. It was all about assigning the correct skill set to a job.

Patrick had received a text message from Kaito at exactly 7:31am. She didn't like to text before 7:30am just in case someone was sleeping in.

"#7 @ 9 is trending. Bring Breakfast."

It didn't make much sense to those not in the court or those had not memorized the many many many code words and phrases the court had. #7 @ 9 didn't even appear on Twitters "whats trending page". What it actually meant was Safe House number 7, 9am. "Bring Breakfast" well clearly the Winter Queen wanted him to bring breakfast.... Whiskey was probably not considered breakfast.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Problems in the East [Patrick]

Post#2 » October 13th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Patrick Donovan¦ Antiquarian ¦ Winter Magnate ¦ Mantle 4 ¦ Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman ¦ Striking Looks 2: Dashing ¦ WP: Full ¦ Glamour: Full ¦ Def 4

Bacon, eggs, toast, home fries, more bacon, and coffee for two.

Take out from the best spot in Brooklyn, Staten Island knew soccer moms not decent places for breakfast, and still hot and fresh when he arrived.

The Darkling entered the safe house, after parking far enough away and then watching for a tail, and made his way to the kitchen.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#3 » October 13th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Queen Kaito ¦ Elemental, Snowskin/ Mirrorskin ¦ Winter Mantle: 5 ¦ Presence 4: Regal ¦ Striking Looks 4: 'There's something about Mary Kaito ¦ Wyrd: 6

Safehouse #7 was rather like Number 10 Downing Street. The door was only opened from the inside. Although unlike 10 Downing Streeet the only time it was closed and both keys were needed were if for some reason it had to be left unattended which had only happened once in the time Patrick had been in the freehold. Patrick rang the bell and there was a short wait, no doubt while the CCTV camera looking down on him was checked and of course verified. The door was opened by Rogue who stood to one side to allow Patrick into the Porch. Two steps forward and he was at the inner door. Rogue closed the door as Patrick entered and opened the inner door.

Rogue made his way downstairs towards the crypt where the sleeping accommodation was, it had been an all nighter for himself and Kaito. Kaito sat watching the morning News in the Chancel which was now a small living room area. The Kitchen was off to the left and housed in what used to be the Vestry.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#4 » October 13th, 2015, 11:31 pm

Patrick Donovan¦ Antiquarian ¦ Winter Magnate ¦ Mantle 4 ¦ Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman ¦ Striking Looks 2: Dashing ¦ WP: Full ¦ Glamour: Full ¦ Def 4

"Extra order of bacon." He said as he handed the take out container to the Monarch. "And good coffee from a family owned place." He placed the coffee cups on the table and took a seat. "Not many around anymore."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » October 13th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Queen Kaito ¦ Elemental, Snowskin/ Mirrorskin ¦ Winter Mantle: 5 ¦ Presence 4: Regal ¦ Striking Looks 4: 'There's something about Mary Kaito ¦ Wyrd: 6

Kaito took the take out tray and a knife and fork. "Can never have too much Bacon and I didn't fancy coco pops with rogue." It had been a few weeks since the freeholds encounter with the Evil Queen. It had made more than a few people a bit more paranoid than usual. Rogue had not left Kaito's side since the event. The Issue for Rogue was that Kaito was an Insomniac and could survive on sleeping an hour or two each night. Rogue however, was bad tempered if he had not had at least 6 hours.

She took a bite of her bacon and chewed, swallowing before she spoke. "How do you fancy investigating something concerning that's out of our jurisdiction?"
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » October 14th, 2015, 12:10 am

"My feelings on the issue are immaterial to matter at hand. It needs to be done and since we are speaking then I am to assume that I am the best person for the job, or the best person on the list of trusted individuals." He opened his container and picked up a piece of bacon. "Unless it's paying Rogue's coffee bill, Winter can pick up that massive tab."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#7 » October 14th, 2015, 3:50 pm

"Not even Spring could afford that Coffee Bill." She chuckled and took a sip of her Coffee. "Something has come up on Long Island that needs looking into, outside our freehold boarders and inside another freeholds lands."

"There is a freehold on Long Island which claim vast bits of land. Draw a line up the 105 and that's where the boarder with us. The Long Island Freehold is not big, no more than 15 to 20 members spread around. Lady Esmeralda the Sylvian Emissary has been doing some work over there however it seems that diplomatic solutions have failed. I am afraid the Freehold has not yet fully cast aside our past reputation and this is getting in the way of progress."

"Last week the Winter King, Jeremiah Sleet contacted me. The situation in the Long Island Freehold is not good at best, The Summer Court is by far the largest court there, and it is sad to say has forgotten that they are not the only court. Where as Spring and Autumn both plan revenge on the Summer Court and each other Jeremiah has had the court retreat into the Shadows. Let them forget the Silent Arrow even exists. If we were in his situation we would have made the same move."

She took another bite of her breakfast and chewed. "This mission needs to be done under the radar. Jeremiah is the only public facing Winter and we need to give him plausible deniability. We are not sorting that freeholds political problems, however something has come up and it seems to be slowly making its way towards us."

"This mission needs to be done under the radar. Jeremiah is the only public facing Winter and we need to give him plausible deniability. Jeremiah discovered a potential problem the freehold need to look into, however because of the situation they are in the other sovereigns have dismissed it as Winter Paranoia at best."

"A year ago in East Hampton there were several attacks on members of the Freehold. They all reported similar things, being chased by what seemed like a woman with a bulls head. They all were lucky to get away, the deep scratches they had quickly grew infected and each victim had a close call with death. It was found that a rare hedge fruit could cure it, however getting it is not easy. It is only found deep in the hedge, where most don't dare to go. The attacks happened over 2 months and then randomly the human population of Napeague, a hamlet in East Hampton vanished. Two Hundred people in total just gone without a trace. Naturally this was covered up and the Winter Court Investigated. They didn't manage to find what had caused it."

"Three Months after Napeague the attacks started again on members of the freehold. Only this time in Sagaponack, population roughly 303. The winter court attempted to investigate however Summer and Autumn got in their way. A month later everyone in Sagaponack was missing overnight."

"Things went quiet again until last week, an attack happened on a member of the freehold in Westhampton which has a population of around 3,000. Covering up 200 and 300 missing people is not an easy feat, 3,000?" She let the question hang there.

"Summer and Autumn think they have it under control and are mostly fighting amongst each other while they try to solve it. The Attacks are getting closer to New York and I would rather it was dealt with before whole entire boroughs of Queens go missing. It needs to be under the radar, and as such I figured you were the best person to investigate this problem."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#8 » October 15th, 2015, 1:10 am

"I will require a bit of support, at least one individual. Female. Attractive. Intelligent." He munched on a piece of bacon and then took a sip of coffee. "I legitimately can book a vacation in the Hamptons, it would not be the first time, and can sneak another agent in as my quote unquote companion for the weekend."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#9 » October 15th, 2015, 6:49 pm

"If you want to ask someone to assist than by all means ask them. It's your call." In short 'This is your mission so any fuck ups are on your shoulders. "Just make sure they can be trusted. The last thing anyone needs is Spring, Summer or Autumn discovering you while you are there."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#10 » October 16th, 2015, 1:02 am

"It is dicey, I will admit that, but with the right partner I will at least another pair of eyes and closer backup. Something about this gives me a bad feeling and I am not talking about yet another Gatsby themed party in the Hamptons." A look of distaste, driven away by another bite of yummy bacon, crossed the Darkling's face. "Last time I attended one I asked the host what they felt the book had to say about America and they looked at me as if I were speaking Mandarin. The crowd was as intellectual as a Summer mixer on the third keg of Miller Genuine Draft or Spring when they break out the Pabst Blue Ribbon on silly hat night."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#11 » October 16th, 2015, 8:26 pm

"I am rather fond of silly hat night." It was unclear if she was serious or joking. "Who are you thinking of taking."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#12 » October 19th, 2015, 11:16 pm

An eyebrow was raised as a cup of coffee was sipped.

Silly Hat Night was a plague upon all mankind, good sense, and all those poor innocent hats.

"Dawn would be my first choice. Maya my second."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#13 » October 21st, 2015, 10:50 pm

"Both good choices. Dawn is usefull if things go wrong. Maya if you are going for ninja tactics. "
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#14 » October 24th, 2015, 1:28 am

"I have good instincts with women, even if I do not always follow them." Patrick grinned and continued to munch on breakfast.

"So who are the Monarchs of Summer and Autumn out there?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#15 » October 24th, 2015, 5:50 pm

"Well you have not yet got yourself into a stalker situation so I can't really argue with that."

"Autumn is ruled by Queen Aiobhean, as far as anyone knows she has not been in public for a long time. The Autumn court there wear masks that hide their identity so its possible that she has and that people just don't know."

"Summer is ruled by Queen Fazzi, shes a real bitch but shes not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is shee called in outside help. Grandfather Thunder." she paused "He is like the summer courts god of war. Very powerful with the usual arrogance that comes with it."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The Great Stage”