Duty Calls (Ione)

The Changeling play forum. Every scene and glimpse is placed in this particular forum. It does not matter if it is a trip to the supermarket or a trip into the hedge.

Moderator: Changeling Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Duty Calls (Ione)

Post#151 » March 12th, 2015, 7:49 pm

They moved up the street and around the corner. A 1970's Dodge Challenger in black sat parked in the lot of a 7 Eleven which was now closed. A man stood leaning on the car, he was in his early 40's, scruffy and un-shaven, he was quite thin and looked like some sort of crack addict. The little girl ran up to him and gave him a hug, he hugged back noticing Ione and Todd. For a moment there was a look of panic in his eyes.

Ione immediately got a weird vibe, nothing screamed supernatural just something else.... maybe a woman's intuition. Like this was some seedy, sleazy older man and the thought of him touching her repulsed her. The child didn't really look like him either, maybe she looked more like her mother or something. The man opened the back door. "Get in the car Emily err Sarah"

The child hopped into the car, a huge grin could be seen on its face as the door was closed. There was certainly something sinister about that grin. Suddenly it was not clear cut any more.

[spoiler]Matt Todd Wits + Comp 7 3 9 5 8 3 9 2 Success! (3) 03/12/15 07:41:55 PM 3 9 5 8 3 9 2
Matt Ione Wits + Comp 6 4 8 10 6 5 2 6 Success! (2) 03/12/15 07:41:36 PM 4 8 10 6 5 2 6[/spoiler]
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#152 » March 15th, 2015, 11:22 pm

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=18&image_id=279&view=no_count[/img]
Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 10/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking

Ione wasn't sure who was the creature and who was a foolish human. So she did what she always did when all else failed, she stalled. She went up to the driver's and leaned against it, looking up at the sleazy man.

"So you're her father?" Ione asked, a concerned look on her face. "You'll have to forgive me for being curious, but I'm worried about her." It was more worried about her being the nopporo bo, but that was simply a technicality.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#153 » March 16th, 2015, 10:29 pm

The man smiled nervously "Umm yeah." he paused for a moment "You have no need to be worried, she will be fine with me."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#154 » March 16th, 2015, 11:59 pm

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=18&image_id=279&view=no_count[/img]
Ione: Fairest/Flowering | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6 | Glamour 10/10 | Defense 3 | Armor 0 | Wyrd 2 | Presence 3 | Striking Looks 2 | Spring Mantle 2 (smell of freshly blooming exotic flowers) | speaking

"That's good to know." Ione smiled. She wasn't getting anywhere other than making the man anxious. That wasn't enough. "But have you found a therapist for her? She witnessed something horrible on the ferry. She says she doesn't remember, and she can't talk about it otherwise the bad man will get her."

She looked at the child briefly to see how she was reacting before returning her attention to the man. "She'll need someone to talk to about it, someone trained. I can make some recommendations for you, if you like."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#155 » March 17th, 2015, 10:26 pm

"I am going to be taking her back home to Kentucky, I know a good one there" The girl sat in the back, humming to herself.... in fact it was a rather eerie tune.

Roll Wits + Subterfuge for me :)
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#156 » March 18th, 2015, 3:37 pm

[spoiler]Kathritana Ione Wits + Subterfuge 4 1 1 3 7 Failure 03/18/15 10:36:20 AM 1 1 3 7[/spoiler]

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#157 » March 18th, 2015, 10:01 pm

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=3&image_id=210[/img]
Todd ¦ Fairest ¦ Telluric ¦ Deputy Calviger ¦ Striking Looks 4: Handsome ¦ Spring Mantle 3 ¦ Character Page

Todd had been busy tapping away on this phone, he had obviously been busy doing something as the man spoke. He showed his phone to Ione.... The results were not pretty. It was text from Julian.

[spoiler]"I sent that picture to police contacts, sadly with your location I am unable to run police interference. The man is a suspected pedophile and is being watched by the police however they don't seem to have enough evidence to make a move."[/spoiler]
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#158 » March 18th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Ione frowned thoughtfully. If the man was a known pedophile, then he obviously wasn't the nopporo bo. So the only question remaining was if the child was the nopporo bo. "So I'm curious. When did she contact you? It's quite a drive from Tennessee, and you arrived here so quickly after the whole ordeal."

She paused, glancing back at the little girl who was humming the creepy tune. "And what about her mother?"

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#159 » March 18th, 2015, 11:55 pm

"I was in the Area anyhow. Sadly her mother died on the boat. It has taken me a while to find my daughter, I would like to get her home."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#160 » March 19th, 2015, 12:26 am

"First, how about you tell me why you went behind the backs of everyone?" Ione asked. Dammit. She needed more time to see if the child was the nopporo bo or not. "When you told her to get the car, you couldn't even remember her name and called her both Emily and Sarah. If you are truly her father, you could have just presented yourself to the authorities with the necessary documents, and they would have happily let you take her without all this sneaking around."

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#161 » March 19th, 2015, 12:40 am

"Her mother and I split before she was born, she wouldn't let me see her. Just upped and moved, took me years and thousands of dollars to track her here. She never even put my name on the birth records."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#162 » March 20th, 2015, 9:06 pm

"She doesn't look like you. Is it possible someone else is her father?" Ione mentally cursed. She was getting nowhere. She would have to make a decision soon, and that was not going to be fun. If the child was the nopporo bo and she let it live, she would have its next victim's blood on her hands. If she shot the child and she turned out to be just what she looked like, Ione was going to be sick and guilty the rest of her life.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#163 » March 20th, 2015, 10:12 pm

"She looks just like her mother did at that age. Now if you will excuse me it's late and I need to get her to bed." He started the car.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Kathritana
Lurker
Lurker

Post#164 » March 21st, 2015, 5:57 pm

"Of course. Just give me a moment to say goodbye to her." Ione turned to Todd. "Keep the dad company while I say my goodbyes?"

She was going to hate herself in a moment, but she couldn't risk letting the nopporo bo get away. She didn't have time to be completely sure, so she would just have to take her best guess and pray she was right.

God, she felt like a monster.

She opened the backdoor of the vehicle and pulled out her gun. Whether it was her guilt or the lack of light, she completely missed the shot.

[spoiler]Kathritana Ione Dex + Firearms + SS + WR (shoot the girl) 10 6 6 5 1 4 1 7 1 3 7 Failure 03/21/15 12:52:35 PM 6 6 5 1 4 1 7 1 3 7

Kathritana Ione init 1 1 Failure 03/21/15 01:03:20 PM 1

Init is 1+6 = 7[/spoiler]

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#165 » March 22nd, 2015, 8:41 pm

Ione missed, the bullet hitting the upholstery of the car. Todd however made his move, his gun was out and moving in the window... the barrel pointing down into the mans lap. Blood splattered everywhere, the man not even able to scream as his eyes opened wide and he fell limp. His body twitching from the shock, that and he was rapidly bleeding out. He was quick moving, another bullet hitting the child.

The child Hissed and took a swing at Ione, missing horribly.

Todd ¦ Child [/][/][/] ¦ Ione

[spoiler]Matt Todd Dex + Firearms + Eqpt + Spec - [s]Def[/s] 13 10 3 4 6 4 10 10 3 5 1 9 4 5 9 10 4 6 Exceptional Success! (6) 03/22/15 08:34:16 PM 10 3 4 6 4 10 10 3 5 1 9 4 5 9 10 4 6

Matt Todd Dex + Firearms + Eqpt + Spec - Def 11 5 3 6 1 9 5 8 2 7 9 7 Success! (3) 03/22/15 08:38:48 PM 5 3 6 1 9 5 8 2 7 9 7[/spoiler]
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Return to “The Great Stage”