[NWOD] New Years Eve 2016

For any cross venue plots, scenes or even parties.

Moderators: Vampire Storytellers, Mage Storytellers, Changeling Storytellers, Mortal: Storytellers, Werewolf Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

[NWOD] New Years Eve 2016

Post#1 » December 28th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Katara Lounge: North of Little Italy

To established New Yorkers watching the ball drop was dead. You see, there's a reason people who actually live in New York avoid Times Square like it's the Marburg virus (12 reasons to be exact... listed below). Times Square sucks. While you're waiting 12 hours to see a ball drop, you'll be harassed for spare change, paying $12 for a Coke, and dealing with jerks. Meanwhile, the smart people will be drinking champagne with their friends and catching the ball drop on television like God intended.

Katara had a traditional Middle Eastern & Moroccan decor, a decently sized venue capable of handling 250 people and enabling people to still have room to breath. Tonight Katara was hosting a VVIP event, complete with open bar. Ticket price $750.... however mysterious invitations turned up at certain individuals homes a week prior. (All Nwod characters will receive a free invite)

The DJ had been hired and doors opened at 8pm, a selection of Middle Eastern and Moroccan foods have been laid out... along with burgers and hot dogs for the less adventurous guests.

► Show Spoiler

The Music was already playing....

https://youtu.be/VLnYPXTs9LY

! Message from: Matt
As usual feel free to post your characters in here. You can post one, all or a selection in here. When you approach each other create a separate thread in this forum for the conversation. (This post is for entry, exit, approaching people and the main event) I will try to post summaries of who is talking to who every now and again.
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: [NWOD] New Years Eve 2016

Post#2 » December 29th, 2016, 12:06 am

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 9 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

The mission tonight was to have some fun. Have a few drinks, have some food, have a laugh or two (maybe) and just enjoy not being on-call, teaching a martial arts, self defense or fencing class, patrolling, training, going to school or studying. In fact she'd been ordered to go out on New Years Eve and have a bit of fun by Blueline - to just be a person, a regular normal person who went out on New Years Eve to drink expensive booze and try exotic foods.

The latter she accomplished almost as soon as she was through the door. She didn't know the name of the finger food she tried - spicy but not in the way she was used to as a Southern Girl. Tasty. She would try more later.

Next up was a drink. Southern Comfort and coke over ice. Yeah the first one should be something familiar that you nurse for awhile while scouting the lay of the land and preparing an internal recon report.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#3 » December 29th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Salem ¦ Moros ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Celestial Master ¦ Status: 2 ¦ Defense: 3/Armor 2/3B (Death 5 Entropic Guard) ¦ Mana: 7/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Entropic Guard

Salem had shown up in the new car tonight. Normally he'd love to take the mustang for a ride, but he was feeling more high society for this one, and had chosen the GT. He was dressed up, or at least as much as he ever was. Lilah had helped him pick out the outfit- a blue button up shirt, a silver tie, and a pair of nice dress pants- all from expensive name brand things that Salem knew little about aside from that they were comfortable.
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

theunknown
Lurker
Lurker

Post#4 » December 30th, 2016, 10:04 pm

Delilah ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Sodality of Tor ¦ Mysterium ¦ Striking Looks: 2 (Petite and Cute) ¦ Presence: 4 (Adorable) ¦ Gnosis 3 ¦ 7/12 Mana ¦ 5/5 Willpower ¦ 7/7 Health ¦ Active Powers: ¦

Lilah was nothing less than stunning in the blue floor length dress that she had decided to splurge on. Perhaps more revealing than she would have generally worn but ah well, it's only your first New Year's Eve party in New York once.

Her hair was pinned up and out of the way, silver ear rings in her ears as well as silver bangles on her right wrist. The only ring she wore was on her left hand, ring finger. A dainty silver band with a sapphire that sparkles on her hand.

The woman checked her make up one more time, added a hint of colour to her lips with a gloss before she took in a deep breath. Calming her nerves she put the silver heels on the ground and got out of the GT, fixing the black jacket that was over top of the dress so she didn't freeze half to death.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#5 » December 30th, 2016, 11:03 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Russian Accent ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦Character Page
Katrina was always going to be where the party was happening. It was in her nature, almost as if she was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. It was either that or the party was happening because she was there. She had received multiple offers, like every other year. Ranging from great parties to the worse like a party at Lindsay Lohans place.

Katrina made her way inside and took advantage of the open bar, a glass of Dom Perignon.
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#6 » December 30th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Aurora ¦ Obrimos ¦ Adamantine Arrow ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Arrow: 2 ¦ Presence 3: Southern Belle meets Tomboy ¦ Striking Looks: Pretty Eyes and Athletic ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 9 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: Temporal Dodge (3 - Attainment), Omnivision (Attainment)

Checking out the bottles behind the bar (Recon!) while working on her first drink, Aurora almost bumped into a brunette grabbing a glass of expensive champagne (Katrina).

"Oh - pardon me." She said with a friendly smile and not at all hiding her accent.

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Katrina & Aurora

Post#7 » December 30th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

"It's no problem.... South Carolina? I am guessing Charleston..."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Re: Katrina & Aurora

Post#8 » December 30th, 2016, 11:57 pm

Aurora smiled and nodded. "I am impressed." She took a sip from her drink and considered the accent of the stranger. "And you are certainly not a Yankee - Russia?" It was a guess, a hopeful guess.

TheBaconMage
Intern
Intern

Post#9 » December 30th, 2016, 11:59 pm

Emmett ¦ Darkling Razorhand/Leechfinger ¦ Summer Court Mantle: 1 ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Glamour: 6/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Contracts:

Emmett was dressed up again, and for what felt like the second time in too short a time frame. He'd already gotten himself some sort of moroccan lamb- it didn't satisfy all his hungers, but one out of three wasn't bad. The Darkling still had a small amount in hand as he made his way to the bar for a drink. He took care to leave some space between him and the conversing ladies out of respect, and considered his options for drink. He was tempted to try something dark, but just couldn't decide.

One gloved hand tapped the bar, the other his chin- neither in time with the music.
Mage:
Salem: Moros Arrow, Presence 3: Confident

Changeling:
Emmett: Summer Darkling, Razorhand/Leechfinger, Presence 3: Dangerous

Vampire:
Kai Armand: Gangrel, Presence 2

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#10 » December 31st, 2016, 12:32 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 (Myrmidon) ¦ City Status: 2 (Head Harpy) ¦ Gangrel Status: 4 (Priscus) ¦ Vitae: 12 ¦ Willpower: 5/6 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] Active Powers: Aspect of the Predator ¦Character Page

Katrina chuckled "Yes. In fairness South Carolina I got. Charleston was simply a guess, it was either that or Columbia."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#11 » December 31st, 2016, 1:04 am

"Well it was a good guess and you'll notice that I didn't try to even guess where you're from in Russia - so I'll just continue to be impressed." The young woman grinned, one of those 'girl to girl' grins.

"I'm Sara by the way." She moved her drink to her left hand and held out her right.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#12 » December 31st, 2016, 1:39 am

Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Russian Accent ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦Character Page

Katrina shook the offered hand. "Katrina." she smiled "Russia, its not that impressive. It was, and then the February Revolution happened and the country didn't take a step back, it fell over and rolled to the bottom of the hill." Katrina smiled "I have not lived there since I was much younger and although things are better... it's still crazy."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#13 » December 31st, 2016, 2:07 am

"Did your family return after the Cold War?" It seemed that the young woman assumed that Katrina's family had been emigres who had fled the Communists and returned after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#14 » December 31st, 2016, 12:40 pm

"Return to Russia?... no I have not been back there since I left. My mother and I came to New York, my father remained in Russia. Sadly he passed away when I was 16 and my mother passed away when I was 18." She paused "I have no desire to go back to Russia to be fair. I have made a life for myself here and although America is Crazy... we are not yet Putin's brand of crazy."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#15 » December 31st, 2016, 3:51 pm

"I meant originally - way back in the 90s not returning now. Returning now would be crazy unless you were on Putin's friends list or are Donald Trump. Part of me believes that Trump is actually a Soviet sleeper agent who was originally sent to America in order to make Capitalism a joke and that Putin found the old KGB code book to control him at a Moscow garage sale and decided 'what the hell?'. Sort of an Orange Soldier instead of a Winter Soldier." Sara grinned and took another drink.

"Yeah this Russian and American desire to return to the glories of the 50s sort of makes my skin crawl. Maybe it just reminds me of fools in my home state who have never let go of the Confederacy."

Return to “Studio 54”