Halloween: Republic's 1st Birthday

For any cross venue plots, scenes or even parties.

Moderators: Vampire Storytellers, Mage Storytellers, Changeling Storytellers, Mortal: Storytellers, Werewolf Storytellers

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Re: Halloween: Republic's 1st Birthday

Post#31 » November 19th, 2013, 1:16 am

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=8&image_id=131[/img]
Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ First Talon ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 4 ¦ Mana: 7/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦ Character Page

Apollo chuckled again "I hate to think what would happen should someone buy a Justin Bieber or One Direction album."
[hr]
[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=7&image_id=103[/img]
Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Myrmidon & Harpy ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 ¦ City Status: 2 ¦ Gangrel Status: 2 ¦ Defence: 3 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Blood: 9 ¦ Character Page

She smiled at Firinn "I think I would join you on that front, Serious educational reform is needed. However, I wouldn't blame the entertainment industry in a capitalist culture. They simply produce what will sell."

[hr]

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=9&image_id=96[/img]
Lord Dimitri Bathory ¦ Ventrue / Tzimisce ¦ Invictus Soldier ¦ Status: Cov 2, Clan 1, City 1 ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Willpower: 5 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] / [ ][ ][ ] ¦ Blood: 5/6 ¦ Character Page

Dimitri chuckled "An Interesting assessment, very interesting assessment. A wrong assessment, but interesting none the less. " he smiled at her. "Dimitri would naturally not want to be seen in... this sort of establishment by the wrong people. However Adam Beverhousen can be seen without giving others the wrong impression.... That sounds worse than it actually is." he frowned at his poor explanation "Yourself and the present company included... not really an issue. If I honestly thought it would have fooled you I would have tried a different accent." he smiled

"As for the costume choice. Tradition and perhaps a tribute to a legend from the culture I had to embrace. I could have gone with Dracula.... but that presented certain logistical challenges."
Matt
Site Admin, Changeling Storyteller & Mortal Storyteller

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#32 » November 19th, 2013, 6:58 am

Apollo

"Revelations. On steroids." Nate attempted to maintain a serious expression on his face but it only lasted about two or three seconds before he was laughing.

Dmitri

A slight smile crossed Lara's face at Dmitri's words. "So who are you afraid of seeing you here tonight that Mr. Adam Beverhousen has to exercise such an influence on your appearance?" The smile turned to a grin. "Is Mr. Beverhousen planning to run for office as a Republican, because if so I do believe that the world might be ready for one of those who openly enjoys the pleasures of the same sex. He would not even have to play footise in bathroom stalls."

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=12&image_id=274[/img]
Fìrinn¦ Mastigos ¦ Mysterium ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Mysterium: 2 ¦ Presence 3 ¦ Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 9 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: First Impressions (Attainment)

"Mad Men, The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Downtown Abbey, even the Simpsons, well the first eleven seasons at least, have all gained popularity, won critical acclaim and awards while providing thought provoking entertainment that made a great deal of money for their creators and the networks that gave them airtime. Beavis and Butt-Head contained more biting and intriguing social commentary than anything Stephenie Meyer ever wrote." A small grin appeared on her face. "Harry Potter is another good example of smart being able to sell. Which makes me wonder why anyone bothers with Twilight and its ilk, there are enough examples of intelligent material becoming popular that I just honestly feel that we as a society can offer young women a better role model than a brat who defines herself based on the attentions of a stalker boyfriend who is over one hundred years old and still in high school."

It was the Seers and the Exarchs. However the Mastigos could not use that point in this situation, which was a pity since it usually was the best way to win an argument with a Libertine.
Vampire Storyteller Mage Storyteller

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Aurora: Obrimos/Arrow, Striking Looks 2: Pretty Eyes and Athletic, Presence 3

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#33 » November 20th, 2013, 12:06 am

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=8&image_id=131[/img]
Apollo ¦ Thyrsus ¦ Neocologist ¦ First Talon ¦ Arrow Status: 2 ¦ Striking Looks 4: Virile ¦ Defense: 4 ¦ Mana: 7/12 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Active Spells: Spirit Tongue , Peer Across The Gauntlet ¦ Character Page

Apollo chuckled "I am not sure whose idea is worse? I thought we would get stuck with the republican party in office for the next 100 years."
[hr]
[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=9&image_id=96[/img]
Lord Dimitri Bathory ¦ Ventrue / Tzimisce ¦ Invictus Soldier ¦ Status: Cov 2, Clan 1, City 1 ¦ BP: 2 ¦ Defense: 3 ¦ Willpower: 5 ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] / [ ][ ][ ] ¦ Blood: 5/6 ¦ Character Page

Dimitri smiled "There will be no footsie in a bathroom stall here thank you. Only 5 people in this room would fulfill my criteria. " It might have explained a bit more. He wasn't really sure. "I don't want people thinking I am the type of guy to play with my food."

[hr]
[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=7&image_id=103[/img]
Katrina Scherbatsky ¦ Gangrel / Taifa ¦ Myrmidon & Harpy ¦ Russian Accent ¦ BP: 3 ¦ Presence: 4 Magnetic Personality ¦ Striking Looks: 4 Russian Beauty ¦ Carthian Status: 3 ¦ City Status: 2 ¦ Gangrel Status: 2 ¦ Defence: 3 ¦ Willpower: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Health: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ¦ Blood: 9 ¦ Character Page

She smiled at Firinn "Oh dear." she chuckled

"Never seen Mad men or the Wire but we can deal with the rest. The Sopranos was a good choice a time where the mafia was the "in thing", The simpsons was popular because it brought along a family cartoon filled with stereotypes. It had world appeal because... well take homer simpson.... fat stupid american man. Enough said on that front."

"None of those shows are thought provoking, they are simply good business choices aimed towards certain demographics. I have never watched the simpsons and thought 'You know what, they are right. I need to change the way I view X'. The Soprano's was aimed towards 18 to 30 years olds at a time when the mafia as fashonable, Downton abbey is focused at the 35+ demographics whose quality of English education was better than today's. Where classical litrature was heavily taught. Game of Thrones is aimed at a 20+ demographic who are at least college educated and the first two series featured heavy nudity and sex scenes to attract those not in their demographic to entice them to watch. Nothing in any of those shows causes people to start critically thinking." She paused.

"Harry Potter was a well marketed, well written piece of literature. However its easy to forget the somewhat worrying relationships involved there."

"My point is all those shows I know of that you named were simply good business choices, as is Jackass, Twilight, Big Bang Theroy and days of our lives. They are all targeted at a specific demographic to bring in the viewers and the cash.... welcome to capitalist America."

She paused again.

"Now had you used films such as schindlers list and the diary of Anne frank... I wouldn't argue. There is a show that played last week called me and baby. It was at the Atlantic theater company on stage 2. It holds 81 people... it lasted 3 shows. Which is a pity as it was a truly thought provoking show about teen pregnancy and how they society treats pregnant teen girls. It sold a total of 103 tickets over 3 shows and lost $35,000. Though provoking is not profitable, and in a country where the arts are not really funded and far too much money is spent on war."

"As for Twilight... it has a place in the world. The role model of twilight is not Bella. Its Edward Cullen. The point is the Edward is a gentleman, something that is very very hard to find these days. Even twilight fans would admit that Bella is annoying and weak. Ive never heard anyone say they want to be like bella. If Bella had been smart she would have run a mile at werewolves and vampires.... I read the book hoping she would be a witch... sadly it didn't go that direction." Another pause.

"Still, it sold. It was a smart business decision, Giving the people what they want means you make money and you can continue to actually be a business. Take Wicked, it's targeted at young people to introduce them to Broadway. Which turned out to be a great business decision when other theaters laughed at the idea."

"I stick to my point, intilectual ideas and thought provoking shows do not sell. Shows that don't sell don't make money, your company goes bankrupt. What needs to change is viewer behaviour. You don't like twilight? Fine don't watch it, don't buy the book. Its the reason I didn't buy 50 shades. The people with the power to change the entertainment industry is.... you.... when viewer behavior changes so will the industry who makes money simply by giving people what they wanted."
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#34 » November 20th, 2013, 6:25 am

Apollo

Nate shrugged his shoulders. "Honestly I say fuck it, there will always be idiots and our problem is that in our society they seem to all end up in positions of power and influence or with a TV show. Only thing you can do is make sure you're not on that list because the only person whose behavior you can account for is your own. You don't date Taylor Swift and you don't end up with her writing songs about your break up." To Nate it was really the only way to work it. "Are you planning on staying for the Lady Gaga concert?" A grin accompanied the question.

Dmitri

Lara nodded at the explanation. "Your choice and honestly it is a valid decision." She paused and glanced around the room. "Personally I tend to think of it less as playing with your food and more enjoying the pleasures of those who have little to gain from my company than the pure enjoyment of it." She chuckled and a grin formed on her face. "I remember one girl, an real knockout, was sent over here to see more of the world by her Father in Amsterdam. From the moment she met me she wanted nothing more than to jump in my bed, begged even. Without clothing." There was a small laugh. "Well she and I had certain things in common and soon she was playing the sack with me. Caroline and Gabriella, did not like her but I figured that it was jealousy, however after about a week this new girl was whispering sweet nothings in my ear, looking for advancement, special privileges, a corner office. At the same time she was doing the same thing to Seward and even the former head of security. She was dumb enough to think I did not know."

"Eventually she went back home, early and to a displeased family, but while she was the worst, she was not the first nor the last." There was another gesture with her head towards the crowd. "With our crowd, there is always something else to a good rumble between the sheets. With a few it is a good thing but with the majority it is a business deal, a petition or even a power play. With that in mind, sometimes a girl merely wants an uncomplicated good time."

[img=float-left]http://www.newyorkshadows.co.uk/gallery/image.php?album_id=12&image_id=274[/img]
Fìrinn¦ Mastigos ¦ Mysterium ¦ Status: Consilium: 1, Mysterium: 2 ¦ Presence 3 ¦ Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd ¦ WP: Full ¦ Mana: 9 ¦ Def 3 ¦ Spells: First Impressions (Attainment)

Fìrinn was confident that there was some way to counter Katrina's argument, a point about the folly of dismissing Mad Men and the Wire simply because she had not seen them while hand waving other programs that had been far more than a search for stereotypes or even a certain fascination with organized crime. There were Universities teaching courses on these programs, Harvard University in the case of The Wire and serious academic discussion on the nature of western society resulted from the questions raised by these programs, to just brush them aside as merely tangential to matter of popular culture also provoking actual food for thought was close to crazy. Still she would have been able to make an excellent point against that whole line of reasoning.

However the naming of Edward Cullen as a role model was the point of no return. Hundred year old men who stalked high school girls were not role models, they were losers who had probably listened to "Every Breath You Take" on repeat while nodding alone and attempting to style their chest hair. Maybe the definition of "gentleman" was different in Russia.

"Entertainment and Media both send a message to those who they reach and I believe that they can be profitable while still asking the viewer to think on an idea or the nature of the world. However right now I also believe that on this particular subject we shall merely be the proverbial unstoppable force and the immoveable object and since we are dressed for a Monster Ball, not a Metaphor Ball." The Mastigos offered a shrug. "I propose a truce. Halloween is neither the time nor the place for such heady discussion and I am sure that each of us wishes to do something else with our evenings than engage in a ceaseless war of words on this particular set of subjects."

Gabriella Conti: Mekhet/Invictus, Striking Looks 2: Deep and Sexy Eyes, Presence 3: Cool and Classy

Patrick Donovan: Antiquarian/Shadowsoul of The Winter Court, Mantle 4, Striking Looks 2: Dashing, Presence 3: Roguish Gentleman, Fame 1: Author

Robert Carraway: Daeva/Ordo Dracul, Striking Looks 2: Ruggedly Handsome, Presence 3: Confident

Fìrinn: Mastigos/Mysterium, Striking Looks 2: Naughty Nerd, Presence 3: Smart Snarker

Topic author
Matt
Changeling Storyteller
Changeling Storyteller

Post#35 » November 20th, 2013, 9:21 pm

One of the bar staff in the VIP room rings a bell and announces that the show will start in the main room in 5 minutes.

Apollo and Dimitri head into the main room with their respective new friends (If they decide to go)

[hr]

She chuckled at Frinn "Just for the record, I am not saying that TV should be filled with the Kardashians and Big Brother. Its just a more complex problem than simply changing one industry." She paused "Anyhow, that's my cue." she smiled and headed off through the staff door.

[hr]

The song finishes and lights illuminate the stage. The crowd cheers as a male voice starts to speak, anyone who recognised the voice would know it was the clubs manager. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together to welcome your host of the evening. She is the only, the lovely, the very lovely, the beautiful, the talented, the funny, the outrageous, the gorgeous, the wonderful... he was cut off by another voice "Will you get a move on." The crowd laughed

"Katrina Scherbatsky!!!!" The audience cheered and clapped as Katrina stepped out from the middle of the curtain. "Everybody shut the hell up. Here's whats gunna happen because there are a few things I need to address." she smiled, behind her 4 men emerged with metal ice buckets.

"1, our resident Queens tell me I need to have a little more tude... so here goes." the crowd laughs "2, tonight I am raising money for outside in. A care home for teenage children who have run away from home or been kicked out for coming out. And 3, I'm not moving. Because last time I came out here I broke a god damn sweat and I'm not okay with that."

"So since I am not going to move I expect your ass to move. So we are going to treat this like church god damn it." The croud cheers as one of the men hands her a Ice bucket.

"I have a bucket..." she paused as the crowd laughed at the intended joke.

"And you have money that goes in the bucket." A smirk shows as Katrina trys not to laugh, laughing would break the role she was playing. Anyone who had seen a Drag act before understood the humor in their attitude and clearly she had managed to pick this humor up quite quickly.

"So the buckets are going to start at this side of the room..... and by the end of the song there going to get to this side of the room. There going to get all the way a-fucking-round and if it doesn't do that by the end of this song I will lose my hair." She hands the bucket back to the man who jumps off the stage with the others to get into their positions.

"Do we understand each other?" the crowd cheers and several people shout "yes"

"I am going to bless you so you can feel free to bless me. You can make change but don't take my change god damn it." Katrina smiles as she looks to a figure at the side of the stage and says something to the figure. The music starts and the four men with the buckets start to head around the room as people start to put cash into what had become the donation pot.

[bbvideo=560,340]http://youtu.be/G0hYxuDav0g[/bbvideo]

Katrina performed the song with each letter being given the correct hand gesture for that letter in sign language. The song ended as the croud cheered. Katrin put her hand to her forehead to look out into the crowd. "Wheres the bucket..." the four men hold them up, they were about half way around the room. The music started again.... The croud started to laugh.

It was then the DJ decided to start having fun with Katrina, the song started off normally. Suddenly it slowed, then a few seconds letter sped up and it followed this behaviour a few times before the bucket had managed to get round the room. Katrina helped the first man onto the stage as the others followed and she ushered them back off the other side to go round the room again. The crowd laughed.

The music still kept speeding up and every time it changed Katrina had to quickly get with the tempo until half way through song Katrina sticks her middle finger up at the DJ "Why you fucking with me!" she laughed. The DJ put the song back onto normal speed. As the song had come to an end the four buckets had made there way around a second time.

Katrina couldn't help it, she laughed. "Anyhow. You are not here to see me but I'd like to thank your for the donation.... and yes Vicky I know I as so close yet so far." Vicky was one of the clubs resident Drag Queens.

"Anyhow, thank you all for coming to celebrate our 1st birthday! In true Republic tradition I am not going to introduce our next guest... " The TV screens all light up and kick in with a video which had been made by Katrina to Introduce Lady Gaga

[bbvideo=560,340]http://youtu.be/UkvTasZXcls[/bbvideo]

Lady Gaga did a routine that lasted about an hour, with a fair few of her newer songs and some of the old classics.

[spoiler]Just as a note I got the idea for Kat doing this form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvRgMVDXvc[/spoiler]
Matt

Mage:
Apollo
Noctum

Vampire:
Katrina Scherbatsky
Dimitri Bathory

Ghostbuster
Mage Storyteller
Mage Storyteller

Post#36 » November 21st, 2013, 1:26 am

Apollo and Dmitri

Both Nate and Lara joined "Mark" and "Adam" on the main floor, singing along with Katrina as she did the alphabet and laughed along with the crowd at her antics on stage. When the cash buckets came by, Nate dropped in a fifty dollar bill, while Lara, smirking as if removed from the crowd even in the middle of it, challenged those around her to pony up and then beat them all with a pair of hundred dollar bills, teasing the people around her with a playful manner in service to a good cause.

"I know she's a chick but I still think she makes a good Drag Queen." Nate said with a grin to Apollo as Katrina called out again to point to the men with buckets.

When the introduction to Lady Gaga played Nate went wild with the crowd.

Lara clapped with a laugh at the eagerness and joy of the crowd, the Daeva in her soaking up the life they gave off.

Fìrinn stayed upstairs in the VIP Room, content to watch the show from the railing that looked down upon the main room from above. She had never really liked crowds and never been a big fan of Lady Gaga, which was heresy to anyone who could claim a spot on the LGBT spectrum, so instead she decided to stay upstairs with its better vantage point high above the crowd below. When the men with buckets, a nice touch she admitted to herself, arrived upstairs one worked is way over to her. He had barely enough time to open his mouth before she placed her donation into the bucket, a gesture which caused the "Bucket Boy's" eyes to widen.

The Mastigos went back to watching the show below her when about five minutes later she felt a small tap on her shoulder. Turning she was faced with one of the women who had been sitting in the corner booth of the VIP room, the attractive brunette with the set of eyes a girl could get lost in, who stood next to her and regarded the young Mage with a friendly smile.

"I am sorry to bother you but the man with the bucket informed me of your donation. If you so wish I can provide a contact with Outside In so you can claim it at tax time." The brunette smiled and extended her hand. "By the way I am Gabriella Conti, co-owner of this fine establishment."

Fìrinn took Gabriella's hand and shook it with a polite smile of her own. "Claire. Pleasure to meet you Miss Conti." The Mastigos thought about the offer for a moment before replying again. "It is alright but I shall not require that contact information. The opportunity to make a difference to someone who lacked the advantages I did, well that reward is satisfaction enough."

Gabriella raised an eyebrow, curious about this "altruism". "That is an interesting, and rather unusual, attitude."

"Unusual." Fìrinn seemed to take a moment to carefully consider the word and its meaning. "Then I guess that I am a girl with an unusual attitude but I simply believe that receiving a reward for doing the right thing leaves some doubt as to whether your own motives were pure to begin with. To do something that requires a bit of sacrifice should be your own decision and made without the influence of an expected benefit in order to have the proper personal meaning."

Gabriella grinned. "Who you are in the dark."

"Exactly."

"Would you care to join my girlfriend and I at our table?"

"I would love to."

Lilith
Development Team
Development Team

Post#37 » November 25th, 2013, 5:51 pm

I hereby declare this topic completed....

If you believe this topic has been closed in error please send a PM to the Storytellers. They will either re-open it or explain why it was closed.
Lilith
The Forum Phantom

Return to “Studio 54”